New Manager

dantheram

Largely uninspired by most suggestions. 

Would be happy with a slightly longer term interim manager, similar to when Burley stepped in until the end of the season, and then plunder somewhere in summer. 

Maybe Allardyce is that man. Give him a hefty bonus for keeping us up. If we start looking like a team then extend it, if not make a change. 

Rooney to me smacks of falling so deep into it we change again before the season ends. Prefer Terry but then again Id prefer neither. 

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

There's only one man who ticks all of the boxes at the moment.

image.png.ee6dd85a03b167744fa931d7e7d0307d.png

Caretaker until the end of the season. As he'll ensure out Championship status, we'll be able to cast our net a little wider, rather than settling for who we can get now.

Alternatively we've already got McClaren on the pay roll.....

2 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Wouldn't be totally against this.

He comes across as a motivator and has experience in the league. His record at Schalke doesn't concern me too much, neither does the reputation of his teams supposedly being defensive. His Huddersfield side were entertaining to watch whilst being defensively sound at set-pieces.

That said, I wouldn't take much notice of the above tweet/article. It's just a rehash of the column that came from The Sun by the looks of it, and he usually just reposts articles from Nicholson/Derbyshire Live. Doubt he knows too much inside info, if any at all.

It would be great to see Derby playing an intense pressing game and making the opposition look uncomfortable - too often we seem to sit back and are the wrong end of the press. Would love to see some fight and passion some intensity and pressing Wagner or someone like him  - the Huddersfield team Wagner took over was not a good team, maybe they didn’t score tons but he got the best out of them.   Don’t know why it didn’t work out at Schalke but he’s got a point to prove and a couple of years ago after he very improbably kept Huddersfield up he was getting mentioned for some of the worlds top jobs.  

3 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

"A decision on who will be the next permanent manager of the Rams is expected once the takeover is completed."

"Derby have a list of names they are working to although they had yet to speak to or interview candidates as of Saturday afternoon."

"The sudden fluctuation in the odds of Terry, and Swansea City boss Steve Cooper earlier last week, was a surprise, according to DerbyshireLive sources."

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/Derby-county-takeover-manager-rooney-4748858

To be fair, the fact that night follows day would be a surpirse to many DerbyshireLive sources.

The only way Steve Cooper is coming is if the new owners have promised him a big splash of cash, and the fact our upcoming game vs Swansea has just beeen chosen is a coincidence - and as Miss Marple said, two coincidences is a clue.

John Terry is a horrible, horrible person in every aspect. Some could forgive him most of it as he was also a rather decent footballer. But as an unproven manager he is little more than a horrible, horrible person who is unproven in management. He's aleady too close in Birmingham.

7 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

To be fair, the fact that night follows day would be a surpirse to many DerbyshireLive sources.

The only way Steve Cooper is coming is if the new owners have promised him a big splash of cash, and the fact our upcoming game vs Swansea has just beeen chosen is a coincidence - and as Miss Marple said, two coincidences is a clue.

John Terry is a horrible, horrible person in every aspect. Some could forgive him most of it as he was also a rather decent footballer. But as an unproven manager he is little more than a horrible, horrible person who is unproven in management. He's aleady too close in Birmingham.

Yes , i thought that about Sky picking that game , Cooper managing us against his old club ? hope so

19 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

JT speaks highly of you too, but seriously he is very well regarded at Villa

17 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

We beat 9 man Coventry tomorrow night thanks to an own goal. 

Mel announces that with four points out of six, the Rooney experiment has been a success and he appoints him for the rest of the season. 

Worryingly I fear this is very close to the way MM thinks. 

4 hours ago, cheron85 said:

I think the point @GenBr was making (and I agree with) was that we're conceding mostly daft goals from scrambles or lapses in concentration

I actually don't think our defence is as bad as the results suggest this season - The biggest problem is not taking our chances at the other end - I doubt any manager anywhere in the known universe is going to get us to stop cutting out the daft mistakes well enough to get 1-0 wins

Whilst I understand where you are coming from, there is no getting away from having one of worst defensive records in the league. That would indicate that our defence is as bad as results suggest, silly lapses or scrambles are the results of bad defending, as are most goals conceded. 

The problems are at both ends of the pitch, scoring and creating goals however is in my opinion more difficult, hence why goal scorers and creative players are at a premium, even more difficult when you have to use what you have at the club and can't dip into the transfer market. If you say our defence is not as bad as results suggest, then surely fixing that is easier than finding a way to score, which given our lack of goal scorers is going to be a much more difficult job.

As for finding a manager if the universe who can do that, isn't that what Wagner did ? Taking a team that finished 19th, stopped them conceding goals and scoring just enough to win matches, whilst in the main having to deal with a small budget and players already at the club ? 

Archived