New Manager

dantheram

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Just to remind you we are 24th in the championship and spent 1 season in the premier league since 2002. We shouldn’t have any delusions of grandeur as to who we can appoint. 

And his success in the championship was with an unfancied team on a limited budget - much smaller than we’ve been operating to for the past few years.

We have no idea who is actually in the running to be next manager.

I have no delusions of grandeur but would prefer most of the other names mentioned to this guy based on his appalling recent record.

52 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

We have no idea who is actually in the running to be next manager.

I have no delusions of grandeur but would prefer most of the other names mentioned to this guy based on his appalling recent record.

You’re right we don’t know although fingers would seem to be pointing towards Rooney at the moment. 

Of the names mentioned there have been many more horrific suggestions than Wagner - including the infinitely more experienced Rooney or Terry. When you look at his record in total it’s decent. He did an unbelievable job with Huddersfield who massively overachieved to get promotion to the premier league and then even more so to stay there. Didn’t go great after that but a club of their size and budget were always going to find it tough. 

There are other names who could be good like Paul Cook for instance, but I don’t think he would be a bad shout and would certainly be a much better option than Rooney or Terry.

3 hours ago, Ramarena said:

Indeed and I fully see where you are coming from with warming to him....this isn't an anti-Rooney rant as I was fine with his arrival.

However I was wrong.......we've given him the captaincy, a coaching role, always selected him when fit, largest salary in the division by a distance, time off for Soccer Aid, etc, etc, etc!

And yet when you watched him we saw a player who despite being one of the countries greats and technically way ahead of most of the squad, didn't seem to be applying themselves, was fairly nonchalant, looked unfit and care free as things fell apart.........yet he was still selected without fail.

Imagine how the other players feel? 

And now we are expecting the same individual to be a good manager and save us from relegation? I'm struggling with that one I have to say!

Me too. 

8 hours ago, GrimsbyRam said:

Any coincidence that this story is ran straight after the Anton Ferdinand documentary? I said the Daily Mail would be all over it.

Just trying to create a reaction.

Although, I'd have him!

Just noticed it also says our "Abu Dhabi based owners", havent we already determined that if there is one place they arent based it is Abu Dhabi as they are banned from there?

20 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Just noticed it also says our "Abu Dhabi based owners", havent we already determined that if there is one place they arent based it is Abu Dhabi as they are banned from there?

I don't think they are banned from there anymore. I remember reading something saying they had sorted out the issues in the early 2000's.

Archived