New Manager

dantheram

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Ramarena said:

Indeed and I fully see where you are coming from with warming to him....this isn't an anti-Rooney rant as I was fine with his arrival.

However I was wrong.......we've given him the captaincy, a coaching role, always selected him when fit, largest salary in the division by a distance, time off for Soccer Aid, etc, etc, etc!

And yet when you watched him we saw a player who despite being one of the countries greats and technically way ahead of most of the squad, didn't seem to be applying themselves, was fairly nonchalant, looked unfit and care free as things fell apart.........yet he was still selected without fail.

Imagine how the other players feel? 

And now we are expecting the same individual to be a good manager and save us from relegation? I'm struggling with that one I have to say!

this is what I saw of him when playing for England tbh.  everything played through him and everything slowed down as a consequence.  Now at the end of his career some expected maybe a gazelle that he never was.  He still should be having more of an impact than he is at Div2 level.  I am very frustrated by him on the field now and perhaps it is part of the big problem that across the squad we are not good enough?  

15 hours ago, BIllyD said:

Maybe work on both ?

How many games have we have where we have not conceded a goal ? Using your stats in a minimum of 9 games we would have had to score two or more to get a win, I wouldn't back us to get two in a month at the moment. 

For me that why teams at the bottom go for managers like Pullis and Warnock, they start on organising the team first and foremost. 

I mean - You either are Billy Davies or a big fan of that so we're never gonna see eye to eye - I personally thought the football we played under him was dire and we didn't deserve to go up - Us being the worst team in top flight history is entirely because of him and his dire brand of 'efficient' 1-0 football 

But if that's what you want then that's up to you - Personally I think that's dreadful Pulis garbage which I don't want to be associated with - I'd probably stop watching Derby if I had to watch that again

Take a look at the top 2 in the league - They're conceding an average close to 1 goal a game - Reading are 5th and they've only conceded 3 fewer than us - This is a league where scoring goals is more important than preventing conceding them - There isn't enough quality in our side (or pretty much any side) to cut out 100% of mistakes

And to be clear - Yes, the very point I made about us needing more goals as the number one priority is because we're currently not doing that...

No one can know whether or not Rooney will make a good manager because 

a) We don’t know him as a bloke

b) He’s never done it before 

Having him as manager would be a gamble but sometimes gambles pay off.

You would say that at Board level it’s an extremely risky strategy and one for which they would be held to account if it all failed.

As a player he’s okay as long as he has the right players around him.

He’s not going to graft. What he does do, which others in the team don’t, is make himself available for a pass again and again.

In the second half against Wycombe, it was noticeable how many times players got isolated with the ball and lost it because there was no short pass on.

If he can impart that to the younger players he will have achieved something important.

16 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

I don't know why I keep posting all this stuff about other managers. Jokanovic...Wagner...Cook. What's the point? It's going to be Rooney, isn't it? Doesn't matter how badly his games as interim go. He's getting it. 

Sadly, I think there's a lot of truth in that. The main reason is that I don't see what he would do if he didn't get it, even under an established manager I see very little chance of him going back into the back room, especially now that he's not playing. I also think it would limit who might want to come in as a manager, knowing that you will have that part of the puzzle pre-set.

The one ray of light of all of that is that I do see very little chance that we will have a racist scumbag as a manager, and yes I did watch the Anton Ferdinand programme in case you were wondering.

37 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

No one can know whether or not Rooney will make a good manager because 

a) We don’t know him as a bloke

b) He’s never done it before 

Having him as manager would be a gamble but sometimes gambles pay off.

You would say that at Board level it’s an extremely risky strategy and one for which they would be held to account if it all failed.

As a player he’s okay as long as he has the right players around him.

He’s not going to graft. What he does do, which others in the team don’t, is make himself available for a pass again and again.

In the second half against Wycombe, it was noticeable how many times players got isolated with the ball and lost it because there was no short pass on.

If he can impart that to the younger players he will have achieved something important.

We have other players who do this we just chose not to play them and played a midfield pair where neither of which do that and where never really going to get us on the ball.

7 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

We have other players who do this we just chose not to play them and played a midfield pair where neither of which do that and where never really going to get us on the ball.

Exactly news flash shinnie and Evans are not top 8 players shinnie is good at nipping round trying to tackle but on the ball about as much use a chocolate fire guard. Evans I just don't rate in midfield. The 2 hopefully will be bielik when  fully fit and Knight 

7 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

How can you sit through that Anton Ferdinand documentary and think: yep, that's the sort of bloke I'd like leading my club. Gross. And not only is it borderline negligent to hire someone with no experience when the club are where they are, to bring in someone like Terry, with the now very well documented controversies, is just rank. 

Are we as a club now so addicted to having our name in the papers, that we're prepared to do this? I didn't think it could get worse than signing Wayne Rooney and giving him the squad number of the betting company that sponsor us, but this might do it. I'd be very disappointed with this. 

If John Terry is appointed. Derby can say goodbye to a lot of revenue. I for one will not be happy one bit to have such a horrible individual in charge of my beloved club.

Can't imagine a lot of people within the club would be too happy with that either.

2 hours ago, HorsforthRam said:

Must admit, I’d rather have Rooney than John Terry

It is like choosing between a kick in the balls or a punch in the face.

how about these new owners use their BRAINS (if they have any) and appoint a proper manager like cook or Allardyce 

Archived