New Manager

dantheram

2 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

No thank you - odious, horrible person and one that I would not welcome at this club in any capacity. It would be a sad day for Derby County if this racist scumbag becomes our manager.

He seems to have been accepted at Villa, as an excellent coach. I think a JT/Mac combo would work well. Maybe he is a reformed character ?

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

He seems to have been accepted at Villa, as an excellent coach. I think a JT/Mac combo would work well. Maybe he is a reformed character ?

And what happens to Rooney in that scenario? I'm not saying we can't lose Rooney but I just ask what happens there, coz the chance of him saying 'yeah, I'll go back to being coach' is not one I see happening.

As for a reformed character - I do suggest you watch the Anton Ferdinand programme. JT has the perfect chance at the end of that to close it but chose not to - even if he said 'I'll meet you behind closed doors, I don't want it filming'. But he didn't, it was all about him and the 'I've put this behind me', not a moment to think about how he could actually help the situation. That's not a reformed character, that's a scumbag.

42 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Perhaps he should say so?

Interesting video on youtube slowing the incident down repeatedly to see you if he did actually say 'I never called you....'.

Just so happens Cole walks into view and blocks the all important start of the tirade on camera. I think he has been punished enough though he could of done a little more in my view to appease the situation, even after 10 years.

More importantly, would he be a good appointment for Derby ? Probably not. To much of a media circus, he doesn't meet the criteria the club actually need right now, which is experience and a bloody good motivator of players.

2 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Serious question- why? 

Mainly because he’s actually qualified to do the job. He’s also got more experience than Rooney, having been an assistant manager for a couple of years. He’s not still playing either.

Not really saying he’s a good option, more that he’s a viable option, unlike Rooney.

2 hours ago, IslandExile said:

I was only really speaking in a footballing sense. Obviously in a moral sense, Terry does not appear to be a particularly great human being. But I fear this club lost it’s morals long ago with the way we dealt with Joiners gate. Probably worth mentioning Rooney’s record isn’t exactly clean either, though admittedly not tarred with anything like that. 

1 hour ago, hintonsboots said:

Because he's not been caught being a racist for ages now?

No

For me if you've been convicted of being a racist and using racist language you need to be proactive in showing you aren't - Where is his effort to try and show he's reforming? Has he been on awareness and diversity courses? Is he actively working with organisations which promote kicking racism out? Has he done ANYTHING to show he's against racism?

No - He's sat around on his paycheck assuming people have forgotten

2 minutes ago, dlm77 said:

Interesting video on youtube slowing the incident down repeatedly to see you if he did actually say 'I never called you....'.

Just so happens Cole walks into view and blocks the all important start of the tirade on camera. I think he has been punished enough though he could of done a little more in my view to appease the situation, even after 10 years.

He was found guilty in a court of law of being a racists scumbag - On that occasion - There apparently have been many others he's gotten away with - So regardless of anyone's personal opinion of the video footage he definitely is a racist as it was proven in court he was

15 hours ago, Red Ram said:

No it doesn't unless he also said "in my first season as manager"

We're one of the biggest clubs in this division and could just as easily be where Leicester is. Similar stadium, fan base etc. We've made the playoffs in 4 of the last 7 seasons. We're not going up this season but with the new owners coming in anything is possible next season with the right manager

8 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Because he's not been caught being a racist for ages now?

No

For me if you've been convicted of being a racist and using racist language you need to be proactive in showing you aren't - Where is his effort to try and show he's reforming? Has he been on awareness and diversity courses? Is he actively working with organisations which promote kicking racism out? Has he done ANYTHING to show he's against racism?

No - He's sat around on his paycheck assuming people have forgotten

He was found guilty in a court of law of being a racists scumbag - On that occasion - There apparently have been many others he's gotten away with - So regardless of anyone's personal opinion of the video footage he definitely is a racist as it was proven in court he was

I have little or no words to enter a rascism argument, I don't like guy either.

but

When the trial began in July 2012, Terry entered a not guilty plea and was acquitted of the charge on 13 July 2012. The court established that neither Ferdinand nor anyone else had heard Terry's words, but Terry himself admitted that he had directed the words "ducking black punt" and "ducking knoobhead" at Ferdinand, which was affirmed by two expert lip readers from video evidence. Terry maintained that he used the words as a form of sarcasm and that he was questioning what he thought had been an allegation of racism from Ferdinand; neither lip reader was able to "identify whether the statement was made as a question or in what type of voice it was said." Justice Riddle concluded that while there was no doubt Terry had uttered those words in anger, "it is impossible to be sure exactly what were the words spoken by [Terry] at the relevant time" and that there was a lack of evidence to prove beyond a doubt that Terry had used them as an insult instead of "a challenge to what he believed had been said to him." The court therefore found Terry not guilty.[207][208]

It really amazes me still that people get more hot under the collar about what someone says in in the heat of battle, rather than premeditated actions i.e. Lawrence/Bennett etc. 

Sticks and stones will break my bones but calling names won't hurt me! 

Are we all to be forever castigated by things we said in the heat of the moment, can everyone not just stop being so bloody easily offended!

5 minutes ago, Red Ram said:

We're one of the biggest clubs in this division and could just as easily be where Leicester is. Similar stadium, fan base etc. We've made the playoffs in 4 of the last 7 seasons. We're not going up this season but with the new owners coming in anything is possible next season with the right manager

Many other clubs in this division are big too although we are definitely one of better supported teams in this league. Size doesn’t guarantee any success though. Leicester have done well with really good owners who have invested properly and a great scouting system. If we keep on struggling for goals we will be in league 1 next season. Hopefully Rooney or whoever is manager can find a magic formula sharpish! 

21 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

How so? They’re both ex England captains who have won the PL as players. That is it. Shearer became a pundit, Terry went into coaching and has been heavily involved in two massive achievements. 
1-promotion, 2-survival. 
Lazy comparison 

There are a lot of assistants that work with successful mangers - doesn't mean that they will be any good (hello Paul Clement!) Shearer was hired due to his profile as an ex-player rather than a track record of success - I would argue if Terry gets the job the same is true. 

2 minutes ago, Hathersage Ram said:

It really amazes me still that people get more hot under the collar about what someone says in in the heat of battle, rather than premeditated actions i.e. Lawrence/Bennett etc. 

Sticks and stones will break my bones but calling names won't hurt me! 

Are we all to be forever castigated by things we said in the heat of the moment, can everyone not just stop being so bloody easily offended!

If he had apologised and said just that 'it was the heat of the battle' then Anton Ferdinand would have accepted his apology and moved on.

Perhaps he should also apologise to Wayne Bridge.

Perhaps also to the people he showed around Stamford Bridge on unlicensed cash in hand tours.

Perhaps also to the distraught Americans post 9-11 he drunkenly cavorting in front of.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Mick L White said:

There are a lot of assistants that work with successful mangers - doesn't mean that they will be any good (hello Paul Clement!) Shearer was hired due to his profile as an ex-player rather than a track record of success - I would argue if Terry gets the job the same is true. 

What’s that got to do with Alan Shearer?  He was never an assistant. The situations are nowhere near alike. 

9 minutes ago, dlm77 said:

I have little or no words to enter a rascism argument, I don't like guy either.

but

When the trial began in July 2012, Terry entered a not guilty plea and was acquitted of the charge on 13 July 2012. The court established that neither Ferdinand nor anyone else had heard Terry's words, but Terry himself admitted that he had directed the words "ducking black punt" and "ducking knoobhead" at Ferdinand, which was affirmed by two expert lip readers from video evidence. Terry maintained that he used the words as a form of sarcasm and that he was questioning what he thought had been an allegation of racism from Ferdinand; neither lip reader was able to "identify whether the statement was made as a question or in what type of voice it was said." Justice Riddle concluded that while there was no doubt Terry had uttered those words in anger, "it is impossible to be sure exactly what were the words spoken by [Terry] at the relevant time" and that there was a lack of evidence to prove beyond a doubt that Terry had used them as an insult instead of "a challenge to what he believed had been said to him." The court therefore found Terry not guilty.[207][208]

I think it would have been great had Terry just admitted he had used the term and that it was wrong to do so.

That would have been a great step forward for the equality and kick it out movement.

Instead of everyone labelling him as a rascist, we would be lauding him for his honesty and helping to tackle the subject.

He could still do that now - instead of issuing statements to the effect that he has "moved on".

Archived