New Manager

dantheram

22 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

Steve Cooper . Now there’s a proper manager. Am I on the correct thread ??

See his team won again. Look at the squad and it isn't all that he's got them playing as a team. They had to sell james mcburnie and most thought they would crumble they even lost that van Der horn and look at them. Couple that with the loans from prem teams that trust him. I'm telling you go and get him with him under steve mac few loans in Jan he is the one I would take 

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, DCFClks said:

Yes Clarke is good, but you could swap Clarke for van Dijk in this back line and they'd still fail. One negative I would say of Clarke is that he's not much of a leader. That's why I think we have to play Davies at the moment.

I just don't think you can even mention Bielik. How can you criticise a manager because we have players like Beilik in the squad and therefore should be doing better, when the manager hasn't been able to play Bielik because he's not there.

I don't agree with you on the loan players. Thiers a reason Liverpool wanted £15 million for Wilson. He probably would have joined a prem team had there'd been no pandemic and it cost £2 million just to loan him. I think if Cardiff play him in the right way, he'll get them promoted. Tomori doesn't play because he's at Chelsea, he'd get into most prem teams outside the top six. He also has an England cap.

You've also not mentioned Keogh, integral part of the team for many seasons and was the base for how the entire team played for almost 8 years. Gone and never replaced.

and you forgot Mount. Full England international, top prem player. Even got an England cap while he was at Derby. He should never have even been in Championship with his quality. 

If you take those 4 out we'd have finished mid table that season, which is where we should be now. 

so does Dave Nugent. 

I honestly think this shambles will be Rooney as manager. We won't get allladyce or Rafa on those wages. Noxon says we probably won't pay compo for Cooper. Terry doesn't want it. Cook maybe but never know  Morris is said to be picking then the new owners will give final approval. Mac in makes it look like a rookie manager and knowing Morris he will go for a celebrity appointment. I wouldn't trust him picking a ripe banana from tesco with his managerial record 

1 hour ago, Barney1991 said:

See his team won again. Look at the squad and it isn't all that he's got them playing as a team. They had to sell james mcburnie and most thought they would crumble they even lost that van Der horn and look at them. Couple that with the loans from prem teams that trust him. I'm telling you go and get him with him under steve mac few loans in Jan he is the one I would take 

I doubt we can get him now ,,,, as an up and comming manager doing decent at a club  would you leave to go to a club in turmoil and mid / poss owner change? I know I wouldn’t . Poss once a switch of owner is completed but Nat a chance till then I reckon

10 minutes ago, Archied said:

I doubt we can get him now ,,,, as an up and comming manager doing decent at a club  would you leave to go to a club in turmoil and mid / poss owner change? I know I wouldn’t . Poss once a switch of owner is completed but Nat a chance till then I reckon

I meant get him when the takeover done but then again according to nixon we won't pay the compo 

1)I can’t imagine Allardyce would come with Mac being in the Tech. Director role.
2)I think MM/ Derventio would want a bigger name than Paul Cook 

3)it’s being said that Howe isn’t coming and that we don’t want John Terry and he doesn’t want us.

4) If it’s not Rooney ( and I hope it’s not) , I would still like to see the job go to Jokanovic

I still want Jokanovic, but my head is turning every day a little more in the direction of Paul Cook.

I don't think bigger names like Howe are realistic for us now. Perhaps they were during the international break, but not now. 

Paul Cook would motivate this team. No doubt about that. He's has done exceptionally at Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan. Climbing steadily up the leagues in a fashion very akin to Chris Wilder. He's not the big flashy name like Lampard or Cocu, but I don't think that's what we need at the moment.

Perhaps he's not a big and flashy enough name for the new owners. I can see why people are saying that. But maybe, just maybe, the new owners are shrewd and intelligent. Maybe they know that what's in the best interest of this club right now is bringing in the ideal candidate for the job, as opposed to a more headline-friendly appointment. 

4 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

I still want Jokanovic, but my head is turning every day a little more in the direction of Paul Cook.

I don't think bigger names like Howe are realistic for us now. Perhaps they were during the international break, but not now. 

Paul Cook would motivate this team. No doubt about that. He's has done exceptionally at Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan. Climbing steadily up the leagues in a fashion very akin to Chris Wilder. He's not the big flashy name like Lampard or Cocu, but I don't think that's what we need at the moment.

Perhaps he's not a big and flashy enough name for the new owners. I can see why people are saying that. But maybe, just maybe, the new owners are shrewd and intelligent. Maybe they know that what's in the best interest of this club right now is bringing in the ideal candidate for the job, as opposed to a more headline-friendly appointment. 

Just shows how snobbish we have become over the years here around football.

All good suggestions from people on forum love jokanovic cooper or cook but these are fundamentally floored appointments as with Morris he wants a list celebrity style appointment so we get mentions in the media good or bad. 

Imagine the media reaction he will get In may when we get relegated my days he will love it. The appointment will be a yes man as he won't want confrontation like Pearson again 

Just now, Nuwtfly said:

I've been guilty of that myself at times! But needs must.

I've got a feeling Sunderland will be in for him now, though! ?

Same myself - we have to be honest about ourselves haven’t we, just like now with the current predicament the club is in.

Good fit for Cook is Sunderland 

Archived