New Manager

dantheram

11 minutes ago, TomG said:

Regarding Wayne Rooney, I smell a Rat with the Red32 deal.  If, as has been suggested, the Red32 deal stipulates that, when fit, Rooney has to play, then the club has been well and truly shafted good and proper.  Rooney is in his twilight playing years, to say the least and he just hasn't got the legs to play twice a week anymore.  Someone, including Rooney himself, needs to grow a pair and drop him!  He's being picked to the detriment to the team and performance!

He just hasn't got the legs or energy to play full stop!!!

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, TomG said:

Regarding Wayne Rooney, I smell a Rat with the Red32 deal.  If, as has been suggested, the Red32 deal stipulates that, when fit, Rooney has to play, then the club has been well and truly shafted good and proper.  Rooney is in his twilight playing years, to say the least and he just hasn't got the legs to play twice a week anymore.  Someone, including Rooney himself, needs to grow a pair and drop him!  He's being picked to the detriment to the team and performance!

But people have mentioned he has a back problem so surely it wouldnt apply if injured?

18 minutes ago, TomG said:

Have already put this on another thread, but 32Red have categorically denied that there are any performance/playing clauses in Rooney's deal, as reported by Ryan Conway of The Athletic. 

There are plenty of things you criticise Rooney for at the moment, but this isn't one.

1 minute ago, Grumpy Git said:

Someone needs to tell Coleen to pull the bed out of the way quick, next time he jumps off the wardrobe.

It's a great plan but unfortunately, based on the man's current fitness and energy levels, he'd need a Stannah Lift to get up there in the first place. Maybe Jason Knight and max Bird could give him a leg up? 

47 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Have already put this on another thread, but 32Red have categorically denied that there are any performance/playing clauses in Rooney's deal, as reported by Ryan Conway of The Athletic. 

There are plenty of things you criticise Rooney for at the moment, but this isn't one.

I did include the word 'if' in my original post!

3 hours ago, SchtivePesley said:

Yeah, I mean it's so annoying how you can't even call someone an "effing black see you next tuesday" in public, and on camera without everyone going "oooh that's a bit racist", and no one stops to consider for a moment that there may be a perfectly valid reason for him using those words.  Could have meant anything!

unproven and thinkits unfair to keep bringing up the rascist stuff when he got cleared....he is a leader and I remember his comments when Chelsea beat us in the cup at PP after getting lots of stick and banter from us during the game, he said Derby was a proper football club with brilliant fans and infrastructure and should be prem league......I think its unfair to keep mentioning something that might have never happened.

I heard Ferdinand was hardly an angel himself....

2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

2 CBs and no LB is just as baffling. Why have Davies AND Evans on the bench and exclude Forsyth?

Honestly the bench as a whole was strange. 

They were banging on about consistency all last and then CKR is back on the bench after being deemed not worth it Saturday and JHI is swapped out for Stretton. It kinda felt like they had 5 players they wanted there and 4 they picked out of a hat.

Just now, S8TY said:

unproven and thinkits unfair to keep bringing up the rascist stuff when he got cleared....he is a leader and I remember his comments when Chelsea beat us in the cup at PP after getting lots of stick and banter from us during the game, he said Derby was a proper football club with brilliant fans and infrastructure and should be prem league......I think its unfair to keep mentioning something that might have never happened.

I heard Ferdinand was hardly an angel himself....

I am soo sick of people in general bringing stuff up from ancient history and exploiting the current paranoia. Sticks and stone will break my bones but calling names won't hurt me. For goodness sake can some people not just grow a skin, or at least a thicker one.

Ferdinand by his own admission was the instigator of the verbals, so are we supposed to say one form of verbal abuse is ok, but not another i.e. racism. 

It seems as though society is afraid to say anything that could possibly perceived to be classed as racist, but say anything else and you are ok. 

I don't personally see colour when speaking with anyone, yes I accept there has been racism, but there has been lots of injustices in the past. I don't think we should hide or shy away from our past but endeavour to be better. 

BUT all this paranoia from the media and certain celebrities and sport people jumping on any old bandwagon does my head in. 

Just now, brady1993 said:

Honestly the bench as a whole was strange. 

They were banging on about consistency all last and then CKR is back on the bench after being deemed not worth it Saturday and JHI is swapped out for Stretton. It kinda felt like they had 5 players they wanted there and 4 they picked out of a hat.

Yet we only used 4 subs anyway.

9 subs and 5 intended as attacking changes. With 9 subs we should be able to cover every position with ease. In fact, using the versitility of our players we can cover all 11 positions with just 5 players - Roos, Bielik, Forsyth, Holmes and Stretton

GK - Roos
RB - Holmes
RCB - Bielik,
LCB - Forsyth
LB - Forsyth
DM - Bielik
CM - Holmes
AM - Holmes
RW - Holmes
LW - Holmes
CF - Stretton

Add Sibley, Whittaker, Shinnie and another defender (preferably RB) and you can replace pretty much any 5 on the field without disrupting the formation (except for replacing the entire back 4).

With a squad our size we should have any trouble having 9 suitable players on the bench.

Steve Nicholson on the Derby Telegraph website today- he’s dead right.

“Where Derby find themselves at this critical point needs an experienced hand on the tiller, a fresh pair of eyes, a different voice. This is not a time for experiment. 

Who should be the next manager is down to opinion, of course, but what is clear is that the prospective new owners face a huge decision. They have to get it right.”

27 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Yet we only used 4 subs anyway.

9 subs and 5 intended as attacking changes. With 9 subs we should be able to cover every position with ease. In fact, using the versitility of our players we can cover all 11 positions with just 5 players - Roos, Bielik, Forsyth, Holmes and Stretton

GK - Roos
RB - Holmes
RCB - Bielik,
LCB - Forsyth
LB - Forsyth
DM - Bielik
CM - Holmes
AM - Holmes
RW - Holmes
LW - Holmes
CF - Stretton

Add Sibley, Whittaker, Shinnie and another defender (preferably RB) and you can replace pretty much any 5 on the field without disrupting the formation (except for replacing the entire back 4).

With a squad our size we should have any trouble having 9 suitable players on the bench.

Te Wierik could cover both or alternatively you can shift across wisdom

Archived