New Manager

dantheram

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I could stomach Big Sam as a bit of a ‘deal with the devil’ until the end of the season. Do what needs to be done and clear off with a nice brown envelope full of cash and a promise to never come back again. I don’t really think we will go down anyway but if the powers that be feel needs must then so be it.

Then Ryan Lowe in for next season with a fresh start

1 minute ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

For anyone unsure on big Sam, or concerned by his football, just have a look at his past signings. The bloke signs some cracking players and seems s to be aware of other countries other than Scotland.

He either does a lot of homework or has someone who goes out and does some top donkey work on his behalf.

Just to be clear, you know he hasn't worked for 2 and a half years, don't you? He doesn't do any of the things you say he does.

4 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

For anyone unsure on big Sam, or concerned by his football, just have a look at his past signings. The bloke signs some cracking players and seems to be aware of other countries other than Scotland.

He either does a lot of homework or has someone who goes out and does some top donkey work on his behalf.

These were the signings he made at West Ham

42E89617-76EB-4EEA-9AD4-AC9C507D3EF6.png

FD326762-2F17-4688-896F-51656AFCE7DF.png

AD83466B-A20D-4EF6-8801-5C45C0EF0F4D.png

5 minutes ago, deanoakaram4life said:

He won’t command that much of a wage. His stock isn’t as high as when he left for England. He would want a huge promotion bonus though! 

He agreed £9m over 18 months for Everton. If he's coming, it's on a big contract. Whether that is 18 months/2 years or 4/5 years. He's going to command a large contractual obligation. He turned down the Newcastle job after Rafa because of the money. 

It's a complete non starter for me. He's a mercenary. Since his England stint and the controversy about third party owned players, he's only been interested in the money. 

6 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

For anyone unsure on big Sam, or concerned by his football, just have a look at his past signings. The bloke signs some cracking players and seems to be aware of other countries other than Scotland.

Who did he sign? Not familiar with his last few positions 

1 hour ago, Andicis said:

Because people said the exact things they're saying then, now. ''They know what they're doing'' ''they'll sort it out and make us tough to beat'' ''put a bit of passion in the team'' all that same kind of baalocks. The idea behind big Sam is entirely wrong in my view, exactly the same as it was with Nigel Pearson. We didn't have the personnel for Pearson, and we don't have the personnel for Big Sam. It'll have the same outcome. 

As someone who would prefer we look elsewhere other than Allardyce even I'll say he's a very different kettle of fish than Pearson. 

I completely agree that Pearson was the wrong appointment for the wrong squad and I genuinely think that was visible at the time. I also think Pearson is a rigid inflexible manager who needs everything completely lined up before succeeding. I also I'm far from convinced about him as a manager on the whole.

Allardyce though...... has pretty consistently got results regardless of squad and situation. It might not be pretty, it might come at a cost but he is very good at getting results out of out of luck teams and he's often done it with more stacked odds (think about some of the prem squads he's taken over compared to the rest of the prem at that time). 

Personally I think we should look at a more progressive manager because I still think that it doesn't need too much to turn this around and would rather we go with someone more likely to work with the academy. With all that said I completely get why people would want Allardyce in our current situation.

8 minutes ago, Orphanram said:

I’m not knocking anybody for plumping for Big Sam and I would get behind him (as I would any manager) but personally doesn’t feel the right fit from my own preferences. I will gladly acknowledge I haven’t got a FIFA armchair manager A licence and don’t think my insight is probably that insightful! Just doesn’t feel great to me. Who knows if we get him he might  be the 2nd coming of Billy Davies.

Don’t get me wrong he wouldn’t be my first choice, I’d go for someone like Eddie Howe, or even Mac 3 to get us out of this but just don’t know if he’d take us to the next step. From what people have posted about Ryan Lowe he seems another exciting shout. But Big Sam would do a good job I think.

8 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Are we seriously contemplating someone who was consulting how to circumnavigate third party ownership rules?  I Don't trust the guy. Why don't we get Sam Rush in too, again.

Jeez. 

Notts County:

"The following season (1997-8)ranks among the club's worst, as they managed just seven victories all season and finished in the bottom position of the league table. Relegation to the league's basement division happened just six years after promotion to the top flight.However, success followed relegation under Sam Allardyce.The Magpies secured the Division Three title in March 1999 by a record margin of seventeen points. They became the first side since World War II to win promotion in mid-March, with six games still remaining".

Scored 84, conceded 45, points 99. I'd take that.

Archived