New Manager

dantheram

16 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

Short term big Sam is the best from all the candidates in my opinion because he's guaranteed survival. Long term there's obvious question marks. I guess the length of contract given will show light on what our intentions are. However if big Sam is given a 2-3 year deal I'd be quietly confident he would get us promoted.

The issue is when he leaves, as even if he takes us up and keeps us in the prem for 3 seasons, once he goes we'll have a squad that can only play the pragmatic way.  Some people will love him, some will hate him but either way he's looking like he's gonna be the man so we have no reason to not support him (unless we carry on losing). 

Wouldn't be surprised for him to be given 18 months to plan a hand over to Rooney

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, brady1993 said:

Allardyce though...... has pretty consistently got results regardless of squad and situation. It might not be pretty, it might come at a cost but he is very good at getting results out of out of luck teams and he's often done it with more stacked odds (think about some of the prem squads he's taken over compared to the rest of the prem at that time). 

Personally I think we should look at a more progressive manager because I still think that it doesn't need too much to turn this around and would rather we go with someone more likely to work with the academy. With all that said I completely get why people would want Allardyce in our current situation.

I don't remember Big Sam taking charge of many bad teams? Nor many teams that are so stylistically opposed to what he's all about. I don't think he's flexible, and that's why he failed at Everton. 

We need a manager who's going to get our team looking more creative, and going to get them to score more goals. What we don't need is anti football and more defending. Not worked well for us so far has it? How have Big Sam's teams in the past looked for attacking (spoiler: not very well). If we can't score more goals, we'll get relegated. I can't see him achieving that. 

2 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

Richard 246 said it was a currently employed manager. What’s Sam doing, coaching the school football team???

Richard246 isn't in the know and frequently chats baalocks. He shouldn't be treated with any kind of credibility. Half of his ITK posts I could invent on the spot they're that cryptic. 

Just now, Andicis said:

I don't remember Big Sam taking charge of many bad teams? Nor many teams that are so stylistically opposed to what he's all about. I don't think he's flexible, and that's why he failed at Everton. 

We need a manager who's going to get our team looking more creative, and going to get them to score more goals. What we don't need is anti football and more defending. Not worked well for us so far has it? How have Big Sam's teams in the past looked for attacking (spoiler: not very well). If we can't score more goals, we'll get relegated. I can't see him achieving that. 

Going from looking forward to this season under Cocu to being in a situation where fans think we need big Sam with over 30 games to go. 

Feck this.

1 minute ago, BondJovi said:

Going from looking forward to this season under Cocu to being in a situation where fans think we need big Sam with over 30 games to go. 

Feck this.

I think cocu was taking us backwards and we flattered to deceive in the pre lockdown period I really could not see anything positive in terms of outlook and he couldn’t have left us in a worse position - still it’s a game of opinions 

8 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

I have no idea. I certainly don't think survival would be 'guaranteed' with him at the helm. Nor that we'd be doomed without him.

I certainly don't think we're doomed without him and if I was picking the next man Paul Cook would've been on the shortlist. But if you did a million pound drop style who's going to keep us up between the two I'd be putting three quarters of a mil on big Sam. He does what he says on the tin, whether he's any good for us past this season remains to be seen. But I find it farcical how adamant some Derby fans were that Cocu was the right man, but have already written off big Sam before a ball has been kicked under his guidance.

7 minutes ago, BondJovi said:

Feck this.

Indeed. Contrast could not be more stark. Like some of our squad, Allardyce has had his day. Best left to sunning himself in Marbella or where ever it is that he spends his time these days....

Archived