Milivojevic

Schlupp

Van Aanholt

M. Sakho

Everton

Tosun

Walcott

Mangala

From what I can see the last time Big Sam made any summer signings was at West Ham and even then a lot were signed by the board not him.

Marshall ticks all the boxes for a GK.

Clarke walks into the side at LCB. But RCB remains a tricky one no matter who is in charge  no matter what style they want to play.

Buchanan and Byrne would suit Allardyce as both are pretty good at crossing, although Byrne is used to aiming at a target man from his time at Wigan.

Any two from Bielik, Shinnie and Knight would be his ideal CMs, maybe Bird too. 

Ibe, Lawrence and Jozwiak are all good options on the right wing in an Alladyce team, but i'm struggling with who he'd want on the left wing and upfront. Make do with Rooney, Waghorn and Kazim upfront with Sibley left wing I guess.

I can't see it being him to be honest. Any manager coming in should be looking at building the squad around Buchanan, Bird, Knight and Sibley and Allardyce isn't that man.

Big Sam getting a bit of a bad rep. I know he doesn't have a reputation for promoting youngsters. At Sunderland he recalled pickford, give him his debut & give a few of their youngsters new contacts. 

Most of our youngsters are in and around the first team. He's not really got much choice other than to use bird, Sibley & the others that have broken through. Also if its for a couple of years then i dont see the big deal. Anyone good enough will be considered. They wont just be thrown in for the sake of it. 

It's so depressing.

Allardyce and Benitez are both old guard, could "do a job" but neither play entertaining football or blood youngsters.

Eddie Howe is massively overrated - by himself, amongst others.

Rooney, Rosenior and Terry are unknowns.

The only ones I'm intrigued about are Cooper and Lowe but I doubt the new owner has ever even heard of them.

7 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

It's so depressing.

Allardyce and Benitez are both old guard, could "do a job" but neither play entertaining football or blood youngsters.

Eddie Howe is massively overrated - by himself, amongst others.

Rooney, Rosenior and Terry are unknowns.

The only ones I'm intrigued about are Cooper and Lowe but I doubt the new owner has ever even heard of them.

Just my opinion but Cocu may be the nicest man in the world but it couldn't get more depressing than having him as manager with the way we were playing and be being bottom of the division. We would be very lucky to get any of the first 3 in our position, I'm expecting either Terry, Cook or someone left field probably a relatively successful manager from a foreign league with an attacking football philosophy and a vision. 

Allardyce potentially coming in reminds me of McClaren’s arrival first time around.

McClaren was widely written off, widely viewed as washed up, and widely believed to be not a good fit for what we were looking to achieve.

Then he delivered the best season we’ve had in probably 15 years maybe more.

You only have to look at what Mourinho is doing at Spurs to understand that sometimes the best fits are the ones you least expect.

Allardyce wouldn’t be my choice. I’d much prefer someone younger and up-and-coming like Cooper, Jones or Cook.

However I can see both sides - for and against - and I think that we can’t automatically assume that it will be a raging dumpster fire and everything will be torn up, because football often teaches us that it is a game full of surprises.

At least we are looking at someone experienced. That’s the key takeaway, for me.

1 hour ago, DCFC1388 said:

Why do people think if we get Allardyce he will just stop using the youth players and also go long ball? We clearly dont have the players to play long ball and not all of Big Sam's teams played long ball either.

Sam knows a good player when he sees one. He will drop anyone not pulling their weight.

Whilst a few quid here and there can impact odds, this is a big shift in the market and would indicate something is about to happen. 

Big Sam plays football to the strengths of the players, he was a pioneer of prozone within this country, will promote youth if it's good enough for example Kevin Nolan and will bring in flair players if they fit his system, jay jay okach being another example.

I wouldn't be overly disappointed for him to be our next manager.

1 minute ago, Jourdan said:

Allardyce potentially coming in reminds me of McClaren’s arrival first time around.

McClaren was widely written off, widely viewed as washed up, and widely believed to be not a good fit for what we were looking to achieve.

Then he delivered the best season we’ve had in probably 15 years maybe more.

You only have to look at what Mourinho is doing at Spurs to understand that sometimes the best firs are the ones you least expect.

Allardyce wouldn’t be my choice. I’d much prefer someone younger and up-and-coming like Cooper, Jones or Cook.

However I can see both sides - for and against - and I think that we can’t automatically assume that it will be a raging dumpster fire and everything will be torn up, because football often teaches us that it is a game full of surprises.

At least we are looking at someone experienced. That’s the key takeaway, for me.

Goal 1 - score a goal

Goal 2 - score another goal in the same game

Goal 3 - Get taken over

Goal 4 - Get  a Manager

Goal 5 - Stay up

Goal 6 - Get Promoted

Goal 7 - Stay up

(32 year plan)

2 minutes ago, BIllyD said:

Whilst a few quid here and there can impact odds, this is a big shift in the market and would indicate something is about to happen. 

No it doesn't. People are piling onto the big Sam bandwagon and the odds are changing accordingly.

When we appointed Cocu he wasn't even on the betting radar until he'd basically already got the job.

Betting odds mean nothing unless the club have leaked an announcement early.

Even PaddyPower stopping bets doesnt mean anything unless they have insider knowledge

1 minute ago, GenBr said:

No it doesn't. People are piling onto the big Sam bandwagon and the odds are changing accordingly.

When we appointed Cocu he wasn't even on the betting radar until he'd basically already got the job.

Even PaddyPower stopping bets doesnt mean anything unless they have insider knowledge

Ok it doesn't, you obviously know best ?

10 minutes ago, GenBr said:

It's when the market goes odds on. That's when something is about to happen.  

Sams not there yet.

And I see Eddie Howe has suddenly moved to 2nd favourite....

Moved from 20/1 just an hour ago to 4/1.

Big movement in a short time.

Archived