New Manager

dantheram

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2 or 3 seasons ago, if someone had have said Eddie Howe would be our manager I would have been absolutely delighted.

A fair few people seem to think he is over rated, arrogant, unproven etc etc so I no longer know how to feel about him.

I would imagine if he is coming he will have a few quid to spend, this next move for him is a big one.

If he does come; kiss goodbye to Ibe.

I'm not exactly turning my nose up at Allardyce, but I don't think he's the best value-for-money option.

He'll probably want at least a two-year contract (bearing in mind he probably won't be seen as anything more than a short-to-medium-term option), will likely command a large salary, and I don't think we actually really need him specifically.

The players in this squad are more than good enough to finish in midtable, at the very least. All we need is someone to come in, bring the confidence levels up and get us playing again (in whatever style that may be).

There are plenty of cheaper options available who would probably be willing to stick around for longer than Allardyce.

Whoever comes in has to manage Rooney, a player who has stated he wants the job.

That manager has to be able to handle the big standing Rooney has in football. 

I just can't see someone like Cook doing that. As much as I don't want Big Sam ( I loved his Bolton team though) he might be one of the few who can handle it.

Just read the Telegraph. It sounds like the  new manager is lined up, so once takeover is confirmed new manager announced.

Rafa - highly unlikely

Big Sam - Unlikely

Terry - Unlikely

So it leaves Howe, Cook or our old mate Rooney as the likely candidates.

I honestly now think the safe money would be on Rooney with Stevie Mac as his assistant.

4 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Just read the Telegraph. It sounds like the  new manager is lined up, so once takeover is confirmed new manager announced.

Rafa - highly unlikely

Big Sam - Unlikely

Terry - Unlikely

So it leaves Howe, Cook or our old mate Rooney as the likely candidates.

I honestly now think the safe money would be on Rooney with Stevie Mac as his assistant.

I'd probably give that a go, so long as Steve has a full set of crayons for Wayne

1 minute ago, Anag Ram said:

Rooney doesn't talk like someone who is about to have the manager's job taken away from him. 

Maybe it's all been agreed and the media speculation is being sponsored by the bookies. 

But that's a cynical view isn't it? 

Wonder if he would retire of given the role? That would likely solve one of the issues on the pitch straight away...

(Cannot believe how much his performances have dropped since lockdown)

Trying to do my best Columbo impression. What do we know?

Big Sam is going to be back in football soon according to Mr O’Rourke. The likely destinations are Sheff Utd, West Brom or us. 

Eddie Howe has come in on the odds but was on MNF last night and reading the comments on here he didn’t sound like he was joining anyone any time soon. 

There’s only one of the candidates that’s definitely in Derby right now and that’s Rooney. His presser yesterday didn’t sound like he was stepping back either. Therefore I’m putting 2+2 together and thinking maybe Wayne has the job. 

I wouldn’t be happy with this outcome but none of the Twitter hype, bookie talk or media columns seem to be adding up.

Who put this comment on the DET page ?

'Whoever is foolish enough to pick up the poisoned chalice that is Mel Morris's Derby County (and as far as we know at the moment it still is his) will need to be a miracle worker.

We are rock bottom of the Championship having won one game out of twelve. We have only scored FIVE goals and conceded 16. We have no recognised striker and the team is made up of kids, has beens and never will be's.

In five years of MM's tenure we have got through eight managers (one of them twice) and seen a succession of overpriced, overpaid and overrated players come and go. Some of whom have taken millions out of the club in wages without even kicking a ball in anger for months and even years in some cases.

We no longer own our own ground. We have become a source of ridicule for our off the pitch ill discipline and our inability to punish the perpetrators equally. We have creatively dallied with FFP and have certainly made ourselves highly unpopular with the EFL.

A series of high profile gimmicks including Ashley Cole, Frank Lampard, Wayne Rooney and Phillip Cocu have failed miserably and before anyone says Lamps was a success look where he is now and look again were we are.

We are now allegedly in the most protracted ,long winded take over in football history and the silence coming out of Pride Park is deafening.

Allardyce, Cook , Howe, Benitez ? I really don't care anymore. As long as the club I have supported since I was ten years old remains in the hands of the current owner I fear that things can only get worse before they get better.'

Anyone from here ?

35 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Really don't get stuff like this. What makes you think McClaren would be happy to play second fiddle to a complete rookie (and one of his former players, no less)?

It's like asking Bill Gates to go back to Microsoft as COO.

3 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Really don't get stuff like this. What makes you think McClaren would be to play second fiddle to a total rookie (and one of his former players, no less)?

Absolutely right, Rooney should accept that he needs to learn the trade. If it turns out vice versa, then I would have no complaints and would feel quite upbeat. It would also allow Rooney to complete his badges and take over the reigns if and when.

8 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Really don't get stuff like this. What makes you think McClaren would be to play second fiddle to a total rookie (and one of his former players, no less)?

Offer Bill Gates 10 billion to go back to Microsoft as COO and he would snap your hands off, after injecting you with a needle of course.

Let's just see who we pick shall we.

22 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

Trying to do my best Columbo impression. What do we know?

Big Sam is going to be back in football soon according to Mr O’Rourke. The likely destinations are Sheff Utd, West Brom or us. 

Eddie Howe has come in on the odds but was on MNF last night and reading the comments on here he didn’t sound like he was joining anyone any time soon. 

There’s only one of the candidates that’s definitely in Derby right now and that’s Rooney. His presser yesterday didn’t sound like he was stepping back either. Therefore I’m putting 2+2 together and thinking maybe Wayne has the job. 

I wouldn’t be happy with this outcome but none of the Twitter hype, bookie talk or media columns seem to be adding up.

Your probably right -type in Sam Allardyce you'll see in the last few years he's signed on the dotted line for Villa, was watching republic of Ireland training sessions and was picking a number two and had signed on the dotted line.  He also refused to sign on the dotted line for Fulham due to being told the cost of beer and pies at the ground.

30 minutes ago, Justa said:

'Whoever is foolish enough to pick up the poisoned chalice that is Mel Morris's Derby County (and as far as we know at the moment it still is his) will need to be a miracle worker.

We are rock bottom of the Championship having won one game out of twelve. We have only scored FIVE goals and conceded 16. We have no recognised striker and the team is made up of kids, has beens and never will be's.

In five years of MM's tenure we have got through eight managers (one of them twice) and seen a succession of overpriced, overpaid and overrated players come and go. Some of whom have taken millions out of the club in wages without even kicking a ball in anger for months and even years in some cases.

We no longer own our own ground. We have become a source of ridicule for our off the pitch ill discipline and our inability to punish the perpetrators equally. We have creatively dallied with FFP and have certainly made ourselves highly unpopular with the EFL.

A series of high profile gimmicks including Ashley Cole, Frank Lampard, Wayne Rooney and Phillip Cocu have failed miserably and before anyone says Lamps was a success look where he is now and look again were we are.

We are now allegedly in the most protracted ,long winded take over in football history and the silence coming out of Pride Park is deafening.

Allardyce, Cook , Howe, Benitez ? I really don't care anymore. As long as the club I have supported since I was ten years old remains in the hands of the current owner I fear that things can only get worse before they get better.'

Anyone from here ?

stop no GIF by Go Jetters

Only joking but it seems pretty much as I feel.

51 minutes ago, Monty said:

Surprised at the amount of negativity on here toward Big Sam...sure it’ll change when we start winning

You're a consistent advocate of Allardyce tbf

For me, it's the short vs long term. I'd only want him short term but he would want a long contract  I'm guessing. 

His behaviours aren't something I want around for longer than necessary. I'm kind of ambivalent on his football. Not great but not terrible. 

29 minutes ago, Justa said:

Anyone from here ?

Harsh even by my standards, has alot of fair points tbh can't blame them but the bit about the players being has beens was a bit harsh when we only have a few real senior players anyway. 

Archived