New Manager

dantheram

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, DcfcMatt said:

We have conceded 17 goals in 12 games, Reading have conceded 16 and are in 6th place in the table. Lack of scoring is definitely our issue.

They only conded most of them in the last 4 games actually and still scored in the games. 2 goals other day most important thing in this league is don't concede 

If it is Big Sam, then we should welcome it. I don’t get all these people comparing him to Pearson, I think it’s disparaging considering what he’s achieved in the game. Managed nearly all his career in the Premier League, been promoted from the Championship as well. Yes he is more pragmatic but also works with what he has, if our youngsters are good enough he won’t bin them to one side. He would find the right blend of experience to bring them on.

It’s the same lazy argument as people use with Warnock yet look at what he’s doing now at Boro - and he’s playing the youngsters. Both Big Sam and Warnock IMO are different to the likes of Pearson and Pulis who are the ultra pragmatists.

We need to stay up, that’s the main thing right now and he would ensure that and could make us competitive beyond that. 

4 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Why do people think if we get Allardyce he will just stop using the youth players and also go long ball? We clearly dont have the players to play long ball and not all of Big Sam's teams played long ball either.

And we don't want him buying them in and creating a completely disjointed side  again as we did when rowett and Pearson came in....it's not the type of football we need to thrive in the future,it would be a massively backwards step.

If he can use what we have and buy in players who fit the team whilst playing good football then great,but I'm not sure that's his game?

1 minute ago, dlm77 said:

Fook... Gets any shorter then the writings on the wall. There is a point that the odds aren't dropping because of number bets,but more the bookmakers are protecting their profits. I for one, hope it doesn't get any shorter.

Clutching at straws, where did the odds get to on Rafa?

2 minutes ago, dlm77 said:

Fook... Gets any shorter then the writings on the wall. There is a point that the odds aren't dropping because of number bets,but more the bookmakers are protecting their profits. I for one, hope it doesn't get any shorter.

Yeah gone from 5/2 to 4/6 in a couple of hours 

Just now, Uptherams said:

San Allardyce is a no go for me purely because of how much him and his coaching staff will cost the club. The guy will be looking for a contract in the region of £10m. 

He won’t command that much of a wage. His stock isn’t as high as when he left for England. He would want a huge promotion bonus though! 

5 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

And we don't want him buying them in and creating a completely disjointed side  again as we did when rowett and Pearson came in....it's not the type of football we need to thrive in the future,it would be a massively backwards step.

If he can use what we have and buy in players who fit the team whilst playing good football then great,but I'm not sure that's his game?

I guess that would remain to be seen, we all know we need a target man so if Allardyce brings one in does that mean he is going route 1?

He could come in & get us flying to where we're in touching distance of the playoffs in Jan so he gets some players in who he thinks can get us promoted and keep us up. We cant solely rely on the youth players.

Short term big Sam is the best from all the candidates in my opinion because he's guaranteed survival. Long term there's obvious question marks. I guess the length of contract given will show light on what our intentions are. However if big Sam is given a 2-3 year deal I'd be quietly confident he would get us promoted.

The issue is when he leaves, as even if he takes us up and keeps us in the prem for 3 seasons, once he goes we'll have a squad that can only play the pragmatic way.  Some people will love him, some will hate him but either way he's looking like he's gonna be the man so we have no reason to not support him (unless we carry on losing). 

23 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Janet Evening to be Sam's assistant. So team will be -

Sam and Janet Evening

Rampage's helpful hint #476

Some Enchanted Evening.

Yes. I know.

As an aside, my mum and a couple of friends call Sam and Janet (an actual couple), and when she introduced them, I started singing Sam and Janet Evening. They had genuinely never heard that before.

2 minutes ago, deanoakaram4life said:

He won’t command that much of a wage. His stock isn’t as high as when he left for England. He would want a huge promotion bonus though! 

Exactly, if his stock was that high he wouldnt be going to the bottom of the Champ instead of the bottom of the Prem.

He will have a huge promotion bonus and if he gets us up he will fully deserve it.

6 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

If it is Big Sam, then we should welcome it. I don’t get all these people comparing him to Pearson, I think it’s disparaging considering what he’s achieved in the game. Managed nearly all his career in the Premier League, been promoted from the Championship as well. Yes he is more pragmatic but also works with what he has, if our youngsters are good enough he won’t bin them to one side. He would find the right blend of experience to bring them on.

It’s the same lazy argument as people use with Warnock yet look at what he’s doing now at Boro - and he’s playing the youngsters. Both Big Sam and Warnock IMO are different to the likes of Pearson and Pulis who are the ultra pragmatists.

We need to stay up, that’s the main thing right now and he would ensure that and could make us competitive beyond that. 

I’m not knocking anybody for plumping for Big Sam and I would get behind him (as I would any manager) but personally doesn’t feel the right fit from my own preferences. I will gladly acknowledge I haven’t got a FIFA armchair manager A licence and don’t think my insight is probably that insightful! Just doesn’t feel great to me. Who knows if we get him he might  be the 2nd coming of Billy Davies.

1 minute ago, TomTom92 said:

Short term big Sam is the best from all the candidates in my opinion because he's guaranteed survival. Long term there's obvious question marks. I guess the length of contract given will show light on what our intentions are. However if big Sam is given a 2-3 year deal I'd be quietly confident he would get us promoted.

The issue is when he leaves, as even if he takes us up and keeps us in the prem for 3 seasons, once he goes we'll have a squad that can only play the pragmatic way.  Some people will love him, some will hate him but either way he's looking like he's gonna be the man so we have no reason to not support him (unless we carry on losing). 

Have we somehow moved from England to Cloud Cuckoo land?

10 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Clutching at straws, where did the odds get to on Rafa?

never lower than 7/4 (with skybet) Roy.. apart from paddy going to 5/6 on rooney 2 days ago, this is the lowest a candidate has been on the market.

And for the record, I hate straws and I only clutch my groin to Billie Jean.... Oww !

Archived