v Swansea (H) - Match Thread

Bubbles

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely outstanding half of football that, against a very good team. Easily the best this season, arguably the best 45 mins since Lampard left. So much more attacking threat, and importantly, so much more energy in the press. So much better. We could have had 3/4. 

Need to keep this going now and not drop off!

HT 2-0. 

I only saw the last 10 minutes thanks to an administrative error; but it seems like the performance I saw was matched in the previous 35 minutes. On the back of that assumption, best 45 minutes of the season.

3 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

So a big difference I've noticed from recent performances is that Bielik looks to be playing a more advanced/aggressive role when we're on the ball. Looks very comfortable in it, too.

I think this is how Lampard wanted his midfield to play when he came in. But the players available at the time weren't suited to it.

3 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

So a big difference I've noticed from recent performances is that Bielik looks to be playing a more advanced/aggressive role when we're on the ball. Looks very comfortable in it, too.

That and the spine of the team now has a lot power and physicality to it with kaz, beilik, Shinnie, knight, wiz and Clarke!

Perfect for this division!

Don't bloody believe it!  Am I the only one who didn't realise it was a 5:30 kick off!

Only just tuned in, and I see I've missed 2 bloody goals!

I really must start concentrating more.  Emails... Fixtures on my i-phone calendar... front page of this thread... I missed the bloody lot!

We'd better get another two second half now!  DOH!  ?

Outstanding performance, Don’t care what happens in the 2nd half that was brilliant  and shows how good we can be. Well done Rooney keep it up and prove us all wrong 

Archived