v Swansea (H) - Match Thread

Bubbles

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So frustrating that we’re 10 inches away from being 4-0 up - a big score like that would set us on our way and take us out of the R zone. 

But still we’ve scored 20% of all our league goals tonight and I’m absolutely bouncin at half time for the first time this season. 

Can we play at 5.30 every game?

Honestly didn't expect this performance at all and I'm a reasonably positive poster!

4-3-3 looks to be working well, who would've thought? ? Bielik is the new Thorne, Shinnie and Knight add so much energy, plus Knight is by far our most consistent performer with great technical ability. Dare I make a comparison to him being our Paul Scholes or Frank Lampard?

Kazim is god. He's back at it and the early goal has really given him confidence with his touches and control. Great strength to hold up and winning fouls when needed.

Defence haven't had much to do so far, but everyone is playing well. Let's keep it up for the second half. Don't let them pressure us early. Cooper is no mug and he will change things, but we just need to keep them quiet when they have their moments.

Well done all involved so far, including coaching staff. If we get this win, it's just what we need to build a platform for the rest of the season.

This is a lot better. 

Side looks much more balanced with Waghorn on the right and the midfield more as a true 3 with only Bielik really sitting with Knight and Shinnie given license to charge around their movement in and around the half spaces is meaning we are more readily creating overloads in wide spaces. All of that combined with Wisdom at the back means we can really step up with a high line.

As an aside CKR is looking like absolute bargain.

1 minute ago, Mucker1884 said:

Don't bloody believe it!  Am I the only one who didn't realise it was a 5:30 kick off!

Only just tuned in, and I see I've missed 2 bloody goals!

I really must start concentrating more.  Emails... Fixtures on my i-phone calendar... front page of this thread... I missed the bloody lot!

We'd better get another two second half now!  DOH!  ?

Don’t muck it up now

Didn't think that I would be typing that we are unlucky only to be two goals to the good at half time.

Let's see what Rooney has in him now. Important to stifle their inevitable push at the beginning of the second half, then come strong again.

Great to see a ball break for us in the box for a change for that second goal. And the weight of the lay-off from Waghorn was perfect. 

Both Jozwiak and Kazim-Richards getting goals very important for their  confidence.

1 minute ago, Pearl Ram said:

‘Kinnell , off the bar, one off the post, we could be battering these. I’m very impressed, keep it up lads ?

Lots of factors .. Bielik being what we thought he could be and with physical confidence gained from knowing he isn’t injured anymore ...  the repairs worked and he is confident in his own body. He’s hit the throttle knowing the motor will respond. 

Shinnie who is a warrior in any case 

A team that no longer feels like losers 

Colin .. in the autumn of a career who is just enjoying a bit of sunlight with every game. Leader ! 

Joz .. who has the confidence of youth and loves a bit of swagger

Loads of other one liners .. but boy oh boy, the team we thought we had 6 months ago is telling us; you were right. COYR

4 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I think this is how Lampard wanted his midfield to play when he came in. But the players available at the time weren't suited to it.

Thought the same actually Bielik is nominally more deeper but will aggressively press on occasion with the other two covering.

Archived