Middlesbrough v Derby County: Matchday Thread (A)

Chris_Martin

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Bielik anyone ?

He could possibly replace Wisdom in CB. If they play 4-2-3-1 I think the 2 holding midfielders need to be more attacking considering scoring goals is the main problem at the moment. That's why I wouldn't play Shinnie or Bielik there. If they played 4-3-3 I'd definitely want Bielik as the CDM.     

Just now, DCFClks said:

He could possibly replace Wisdom in CB. If they play 4-2-3-1 I think the 2 holding midfielders need to be more attacking considering scoring goals is the main problem at the moment. That's why I wouldn't play Shinnie or Bielik there. If they played 4-3-3 I'd definitely want Bielik as the CDM.     

Yes for me Bielik plays in a midfield 3 and then we don’t need 2 holding midfielders....

11 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Yes for me Bielik plays in a midfield 3 and then we don’t need 2 holding midfielders....

12 minutes ago, DCFClks said:

I agree.  But as long as Rooney is in charge he will always pick himself and Bird in a 4-2-3-1

If Mac was picking the team on his preferred system, I’d see it like this

GK Marshall- picks itself

RB Byrne - as above 

CB Wisdom - maybe Te Weriek if we’re bringing a player out of the cold to do well

CB Clarke

LB Buchanan 

CDM - Beliek - in the role of a Thorne/Eustace 

CM - Knight - runs all day Byson esq hoping he’ll get in on the goals again soon. 

CM - Sibley - as above but a little more quality like Will Hughes will more about him physically. 

LW - Lawrence - I don’t have the same problem with Lawrence a lot of people have, I think he’s one of our hardest working players but I do sometime think he slows us down as he’s not got a great first touch and that’s slows us down a bit. Ibe if fit and back to 2015

Rooney - can play the Martin role IMO. He’s smart enough to bring players into play win fouls and could conserve his energy rather than playing in the middle. 

Jozwiak - exactly the type of player Mac likes hard working good technique, can coach into a better player - didn’t cost the earth.

I see Mac helping with the coaching and picking teams until a new head coach is appointed. So I’d imagine he’d line up like this, I also think it would get the best out of our players we have at our disposal gets legs into midfield and runners around a striker we can play off. Waghorn just doesn’t have that nouse to if he’s loose a header but win the ball or a free kick that Martin did so well. Rooney has, he did it earlier in the season but got dropped back in to midfield again. 

11 hours ago, DCFClks said:

The Mac is back!!

4-3-3 and exciting football please

Hell, screw it, appoint Mac as manager please and lets have a 4-4 thriller ?

2 wins in 22 years at the Riverside is enough to curb my enthusiasim, though worth noting that the last time we beat Boro away was on this exact day in 2017 (0-3).

Also worth considering that there has never been a goalless draw in this fixture dating back to 1998 and in that time, Boro lead the head to head count 19-9.

Boro are hardly prolific this term either, so its gonna be a dogfight most likely ending in one of the teams doing an ''Arsenal''.

Hope it's us, but it probably won't be.

5 minutes ago, dlm77 said:

2 wins in 22 years at the Riverside is enough to curb my enthusiasim, though worth noting that the last time we beat Boro away was on this exact day in 2017 (0-3).

Also worth considering that there has never been a goalless draw in this fixture dating back to 1998 and in that time, Boro lead the head to head count 19-9.

Boro are hardly prolific this term either, so its gonna be a dogfight most likely ending in one of the teams doing an ''Arsenal''.

Hope it's us, but it probably won't be.

GIF by Golden Globes

Archived