Middlesbrough v Derby County: Matchday Thread (A)

Chris_Martin

1 minute ago, Anag Ram said:

Sibley is a good prospect but it's a while since he played well. 

His time will come. 

We need two busy holding players in front of the back four and four goalscoring options in front of them. 

Perm any two from Knight, Bielik, Rooney and Shinnie. Bielik is ambitious and won't like being in a team at the bottom of the league. I wonder if his exclusion was down to him voicing a desire to leave? 

Then suggest our best options are four from Jozwiak, Whittaker, Stretton, JHI, Waghorn and Lawrence. 

I think the latter two have failed too often so would go with youth. 

Yeah its a while because it's hard to play well sitting on the bench, all of our midfielders have contributed little in the way of goals and he has the ability to score plenty so unless he is training very poorly he should be playing. 4231 is a woeful formation with our players you need a mercurial number 10 not absolute league 1 quality Tom Lawrence who has a good game every 29th of February, 433 is the way to go for me with a 4231 we have achieved ducking nothing and don't have the players to suit it, 442 we will be shocking because we won't get the ball enough to the strikers we need 3 midfielders with 2 running their baalocks off up and down so that has to be either Shinnie or Sibley on the left and Knight or nobody on the right with a choice of about 4 different holders. Id go for Rooney or Bielik because we need the ability to transition from back to front better. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

His time will come. 

We need two busy holding players in front of the back four and four goalscoring options in front of them. 

Perm any two from Knight, Bielik, Rooney and Shinnie. Bielik is ambitious and won't like being in a team at the bottom of the league. I wonder if his exclusion was down to him voicing a desire to leave? 

Then suggest our best options are four from Jozwiak, Whittaker, Stretton, JHI, Waghorn and Lawrence. 

Tom Lawrence hasn't got a goal or assist in 8 starts this season. Why do we hold the younger players to a higher standard? Let's give Sibley 8 starts and see if there's an improvement. I guarantee there will be. Players that are consistently not performing need to be dropped. 

11 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

His time will come. 

I think you really are putting 2 and 2 together and getting -845 here. He's been out for nearly a fully year with a knee injury, Cocu rushed him back for a match that could've saved his job. I'd say it's quite likely that he missed the match because of his knee.

Just paid another tenner to watch game on Wednesday.

Lets beat Boro.  

Come on you Rams 

For what it’s worth I’d go 

Marshall 

Byrne.     Wisdom.    Clarke.     Buchanan    

Shinnie

Bird      Knight.  Joswiak 

Sibley 

Rooney

So difficult to pick a team to be honest  

I don’t envy any manager

10 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

Tom Lawrence hasn't got a goal or assist in 8 starts this season. Why do we hold the younger players to a higher standard? Let's give Sibley 8 starts and see if there's an improvement. I guarantee there will be. Players that are consistently not performing need to be dropped. 

I think that's what I'm suggesting isn't it? 

44 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

We were crying out for Lawrence and Waghorn when they were  injured. Now they are here ...........

Maybe I'm a cheap skate but I wouldn't pay a tenner to watch us at this moment in time if I was a multi millionaire border line robbery asking that much to watch league 2 standard football. Not knocking people who pay it because its not my right to say what people spend and it atleast shows loyal support if you can afford it but to me it's way too expensive. Then factor in the fact people haven't got refunds it's a very sorry state of affairs (not wholely caused by the club), I'd be interested to know if it's the fact we are that skint that we can't give refunds out or if there is another reason. 

16 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

Yeah its a while because it's hard to play well sitting on the bench, all of our midfielders have contributed little in the way of goals and he has the ability to score plenty so unless he is training very poorly he should be playing. 4231 is a woeful formation with our players you need a mercurial number 10 not absolute league 1 quality Tom Lawrence who has a good game every 29th of February, 433 is the way to go for me with a 4231 we have achieved ducking nothing and don't have the players to suit it, 442 we will be shocking because we won't get the ball enough to the strikers we need 3 midfielders with 2 running their baalocks off up and down so that has to be either Shinnie or Sibley on the left and Knight or nobody on the right with a choice of about 4 different holders. Id go for Rooney or Bielik because we need the ability to transition from back to front better. 

I'm advocating two wide men who can beat a man and cross the ball and two central strikers. 

When we play three in midfield they just pass to each other. 

Similarly when we play three up front, two play wide and only one gets in the box, often against three or four defenders. 

Just now, Anag Ram said:

I'm advocating two wide men who can beat a man and cross the ball and two central strikers. 

When we play three in midfield they just pass to each other. 

Similarly when we play three up front, two play wide and only one gets in the box, often against three or four defenders. 

I don't think we have 2 decent proper wingers though, we have Jozwiak the rest aren't good enough or more importantly aren't even traditional wingers especially in Tom Lawrence's case. If we played 433 I'd be hoping Sibley and Knight would drive forward and it would be quite attacking. 

3 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

I don't think we have 2 decent proper wingers though, we have Jozwiak the rest aren't good enough or more importantly aren't even traditional wingers especially in Tom Lawrence's case. If we played 433 I'd be hoping Sibley and Knight would drive forward and it would be quite attacking. 

I think if we can say to Whittaker just beat your man and whip it across, he's more than capable. 

He looks like a player that plays best on instinct and struggles only when he overcomplicates things. 

We then need to convince the forwards to gamble on him getting the ball into the danger areas. 

Stretton and JHI are sharper than Waghorn even though they lack his experience. 

32 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

Maybe I'm a cheap skate but I wouldn't pay a tenner to watch us at this moment in time if I was a multi millionaire border line robbery asking that much to watch league 2 standard football. Not knocking people who pay it because its not my right to say what people spend and it atleast shows loyal support if you can afford it but to me it's way too expensive. Then factor in the fact people haven't got refunds it's a very sorry state of affairs (not wholely caused by the club), I'd be interested to know if it's the fact we are that skint that we can't give refunds out or if there is another reason. 

I will not pay a tenner either. I have ramstv package however.

Just wait until Lawrence and Waghorn is back they said, we will storm the league they said... 

I do think Ibe should make a difference whether we see him play for us before new year is a different question all together, by the time he plays we might still be in the bottom 3 so he then has pressure to deliver in a defunct team, hopefully a new manager comes in with fresh ideas and can inspire some form of good play with what we have got and see us through to new year with atleast 3 wins on the board. 

Archived