Middlesbrough v Derby County: Matchday Thread (A)

Chris_Martin

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

image.png.a4b2c268109cde0ded4ae1172bc9ba9e.png

I think for the next few games they should just play in there preferred positions in a formation they're used to until the manager situation is sorted. 

- Waghorn's better on the right

- Always thought Lawrence was best down the middle

- Jozwiak's better on the left 

- Knight playing in CM instead of RM

Having wingers who cut inside would hopefully mean more shots on goal. Bielik could possibly play in CB or CM.

12 minutes ago, DCFClks said:

I think for the next few games they should just play in there preferred positions in a formation they're used to until the manager situation is sorted. 

Having wingers who cut inside would hopefully mean more shots on goal. Bielik could possibly play in CB or CM.

I like that very much but because I expect Rooney to play I would have Knight instead of Lawrence.

If Rooney doesn't play, then Sibley instead of Lawrence.

I am not a Lawrence hater but he really has to start delivering as a team player if he wants to keep his place in the side.

37 minutes ago, DCFClks said:

As much as we all would like that team, lets be honest the 2 DM's will 100% be Rooney and Bird. Then that means Knight has to play out of position either wide right or a no.10. His position is really a no.8 to get the most out of him. 

7 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Why not no10, rather him than Lawrence?

no.10 is not his position really. you need that position to be a creative player, and as much as i love Knight his strength is not really creativity. He will run all day and work his socks off but creativity is not his strength really. Although i would rather see him as a no.10 than out wide. 

3 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

no.10 is not his position really. you need that position to be a creative player, and as much as i love Knight his strength is not really creativity. He will run all day and work his socks off but creativity is not his strength really. Although i would rather see him as a no.10 than out wide. 

Well I sort of agree, so Sibley then, I think Lawrence hasn't done enough creatively. Although he did lots of defensive stuff well against BC.

2 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

I could see Sibley doing the 10 job better than Knight. Knight is "GPMF" - General Purpose Midfielder, can do a bit of everythng well and has the energy and desire to get where it needs to be done. My main memory of Lawrence at 10 is we try it once in a blue moon and he doesn't do much with it and don't do it again until everyone has forgotten (so we don't give it a few games to get used to, but he doesn't give us much reason to give him a few games there)

8 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Well I sort of agree, so Sibley then, I think Lawrence hasn't done enough creatively. Although he did lots of defensive stuff well against BC.

yeah sure i'm not against sibley in the no.10. but has Lawrence ever been given a crack in that position? I think its worth a try. i remember him playing there for Rowett against Man utd once and he had a great game, looked very dangerous. 

1 minute ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

I’m thinking if a ritual sacrifice of something could help us get a win. 

As I don’t want to harm a living creature though does anyone know of a ritual sacrifice app?

I think the mods should give us a poll on who or what should be the sacrifice.

Obviously, the management committee would have to decide if it was to be made to purify the Derwent or in "the wicker Mel"

image.png.aca9b3a13ba71a54948962179c816b59.png

The only changes I would make is a to have Kazim-Richards who is our only natural CF instead of Hector Ingram, Sibley instead of Lawrence. I would have Stretton on the bench as CF replacement and Hector Ingram, Morgan Whittaker Holmes and Lawrence  as the attacking midfield replacements. 

4 minutes ago, Martin67 said:

image.png.aca9b3a13ba71a54948962179c816b59.png

The only changes I would make is a to have Kazim-Richards who is our only natural CF instead of Hector Ingram, Sibley instead of Lawrence. I would have Stretton on the bench as CF replacement and Hector Ingram, Morgan Whittaker Holmes and Lawrence  as the attacking midfield replacements. 

Bielik anyone ?

Archived