Middlesbrough v Derby County: Matchday Thread (A)

Chris_Martin

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Season starts today for me, its pretty obvious Rooney will be thr manager and Mac his baby sitter, so we may as well get behind them.

Put Saturday down to first game jitters, tonight I want to see a positive line up, positive performance and substitutions at the right time.

Very interesting that since Saturday Liam seems to have disappeared, locked in a cupboard and Rooney is doing all the interviews.

I did hear a rumour that Rooney and Rosenior had fallen out and that's why there was a scramble to appoint someone new (which turned out to be McClaren). Most likely rubbish but would fit the last bit?

3 minutes ago, DerbyNutter said:

Sorry I tried to do that in my previous post. Not sure why it won't come up? It worked with some tweets I shared earlier today. Sorry about that. 

After I'd posted I saw you'd beaten me to it, but for some reason your link hadn't embedded. No idea why that might be, except when I paste in a Twitter link I wait a few seconds until it transforms into the tweet in my browser, before posting the message. 

But well done for getting in first! 

3 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

Pleased that Jozwiak is back in but I would have kept Holmes and put him in a midfield three with Knight and Bielik. It always feels like we're playing with 10 men with Rooney and bird. They slow the game down too much

Holmes was shocking on Saturday.

Agree that Rooney and Bird make us slow, although they worked well together when Rooney first joined.

Think Bird just needs the confidence to carry the ball forward a bit more.

1 minute ago, Nuwtfly said:

Is that Knight on the wing again?

Hope it's a 4-3-3 but prob not. Looks a strong side on paper - better than theirs. The lack of Sibley is doing my head in. As is the undroppable Tom Lawrence but I'm used to that now.

God knows. 

Archived