Cocu left by mutual consent

EnigmaRam

4 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Tell us more details, you know you want to...

To avoid confusion that quote is not from a Derby player or related to our manager or club. It was from a then recently retired player to describe David Moyes and his attitude and behaviour towards him when a huge club wanted to sign him following good service to Everton at time. after first contact and a gentleman's agreement was thrown out he basically downed tools.

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, europia said:

Further indication of pampered pro footballers not being very professional. Most of us don't like some aspect of our jobs, but generally we get on with it and do the best that we can. 

I honestly don't think it was a lack of effort. They just couldn't do what cocu wanted them to. His methods just weren't working. They're only human beings at the end of the day, they've had over a year of this and it still wasn't working, it's natural to lose interest especially when you're losing week in week out.

1 hour ago, TimRam said:

So many things caused him problems. Lack of pre-season 2019-2020 due to Lampard/others faffing around, losing key players to accident/sendings off/injury, covid causing season disruption. This season, players still out through injury (and only just returning) no supporters. Think we were a decent striker away from a good team.

My sentiments too fella.

Said this last weekend, for all the good transfer business in the summer (and it was good), we missed the final piece to make it all gel. As much as anything, bad luck, injuries etc fundamentally his team needed that central piece. Shame nothing rarely seemed to work out and ultimately it’s results that did for him.

32 minutes ago, goldstar said:

Seen on twitter an audio clip from Ed Dawes stating he's heard the players weren't wholly satisfied with training, it was boring and Cocu wasn't focusing on match issues. Also saw a comment underneath that referencing Lowe's comments about training that were quickly shot down on here but now would make even more sense. 

Good old Ed. Stirring the ?

2 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

I honestly don't think it was a lack of effort. They just couldn't do what cocu wanted them to. His methods just weren't working. They're only human beings at the end of the day, they've had over a year of this and it still wasn't working, it's natural to lose interest especially when you're losing week in week out.

Have to agree to disagree. No way were those players giving 100% on the pitch. Regarding losing interest, it's things like staying focused and doing your job in difficult circumstances that separates top professionals from the very average. It's the latter that make up the majority of our squad.    

32 minutes ago, europia said:

Have to agree to disagree. No way were those players giving 100% on the pitch. Regarding losing interest, it's things like staying focused and doing your job in difficult circumstances that separates top professionals from the very average. It's the latter that make up the majority of our squad.    

But you have to ask yourself why then? Cocu clearly fails to motivate and inspire the players.

37 minutes ago, europia said:

I'll have to agree to disagree with you there.?

Cocu did a good job last season, considering all the off field poo we had to deal with, so I won’t peddle the line: it just didn’t work. He wouldn’t have been ‘mutually terminated’ had he had us more competitive this season.

I think that’s just it. We’ve obviously prepared poorly during Covid and for this new season. We’ve looked unfit, off-the-field decisions and injuries have crippled us and now we just look a team so devoid of confidence that we look completely lost. Cocu didn’t have the answer and it culminated in one of his coaches making strategy changes in the last game (Rosenior moving Rooney into midfield) highlighting the fact that we’ve simply lost our way. 

I guess these things happen in football and management in itself can be a bit of an enigma. I’m not going to forget the job he did last season though, which was admirable. A bad six months, a terrible three months, have just taken their toll. 

In my time as a Derby fan, we’ve never had a manager that hasn’t had some semblance of the fan base asking for them to lose their job in the tenure here. The next manager will go through the exact same issues. Rinse and repeat. 

12 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

So owned by someone that has absolutely no affinity to DCFC and could use it for asset stripping?

Not sure what your logic is?

Aren't most clubs owned by people with no affinity to them?. You would be hard pressed to find another multi- millionaire Derby supporter willing to part with his hard earned cash. Especially at a time like this.

Bottom of the table, no income and a pandemic.  

Would be hard enough without all of the above

Cocu, absolute class until the end. Shame some of our fans don’t have an ounce of it themselves. 

Never wanted a manager to succeed more than Cocu, the more the sack him threads gained traction, the more I wanted him to turn it around. 

Results haven’t gone our way and the performances have not to the level we need, but he didn’t deserve any of that.

I have no doubts he gave his all, not just to the club but to the community, many comments out there from people that have witnessed it first hand.

Absolute gentleman and someone I will always look out for now, follow his career and wish him well.

Once a Ram, always a Ram ?

I don't think its lack of effort but i do think as a player (regardless of your wage) things can grind you down over time. 

If training is rubbish, you dont fully believe in the management & philosophy then it will eventually show over time. 

Same the other way, if training is fun, you're enjoying playing, the manager has full buy in then it gives you that extra percent. 

I dont think they consciously down tools. Regardless of what footballers are paid if you enjoy something then you tend to do it better. Cocu was a nice bloke but he doesn't sound like he has the charisma to pick the group up & get them going. 

We need someone to come in & change the energy of the place. Lampard did it. Might have been tactically not the best but got by on bringing a feel good factor. 

If you're a player dreading boring training or looking forward to going in then it makes a massive difference 

7 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

I don't think its lack of effort but i do think as a player (regardless of your wage) things can grind you down over time. 

If training is rubbish, you dont fully believe in the management & philosophy then it will eventually show over time. 

Same the other way, if training is fun, you're enjoying playing, the manager has full buy in then it gives you that extra percent. 

I dont think they consciously down tools. Regardless of what footballers are paid if you enjoy something then you tend to do it better. Cocu was a nice bloke but he doesn't sound like he has the charisma to pick the group up & get them going. 

We need someone to come in & change the energy of the place. Lampard did it. Might have been tactically not the best but got by on bringing a feel good factor. 

If you're a player dreading boring training or looking forward to going in then it makes a massive difference 

No doubt some of this but also the ineffectiveness of the training and tactics to get actual results would have amplified their frustration.

15 minutes ago, David said:

Cocu, absolute class until the end. Shame some of our fans don’t have an ounce of it themselves. 

Never wanted a manager to succeed more than Cocu, the more the sack him threads gained traction, the more I wanted him to turn it around. 

Results haven’t gone our way and the performances have not to the level we need, but he didn’t deserve any of that.

I have no doubts he gave his all, not just to the club but to the community, many comments out there from people that have witnessed it first hand.

Absolute gentleman and someone I will always look out for now, follow his career and wish him well.

Once a Ram, always a Ram ?

Not sure I totally follow the points you are trying to make. If a supporter doesn't want a manager at the club anymore then how else do you enuniciate it? Whatever the euphemism is it still boils down to the same thing.

If that's the opinion of some supporters then shouldn't you respect their opinion as you try to progress yours just as Voltaire stated?

It goes without saying that name calling and personal insults in all of the above are totally uncalled for and out of order.

16 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

This 

I’m bricking it as to who we bring it next 

Yes. Take-over will happen Tuesday. Wonder if MM will be overseeing next appointment? I’ve a strong feeling in my water that John Terry has already been slotted in. Hence the hiatus in “sacking” Cocu {ok mutual agreement}. It’s got the hallmark of MM all over it. 

Archived