Cocu left by mutual consent

EnigmaRam

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very sad day but let's face it he had to go . Don't forget when he was appointed the last game we'd played we were one goal from the Premier League.16 months later we're bottom of the Championship.But if Villa goalie had thrown the ball into his own net instead of ours and Phil had been appointed with us as a Premier League club I firmly believe with the euphoria of promotion..£170 million quid to play with Cocu could have been a success here not least because I feel his style of play is more suited to the Premier League.If buts and maybe's.Id like to wish Phil all the best in his future career.

1 hour ago, Justa said:

People keep saying he would have turned it around but I didn’t see a shred of evidence to support that.

Until the QPR and Barnsley games I thought we would, start turning draws into wins, get more gelled in the 3-4-3 etc etc.

Those two games killed off any hope I had that things were going to work out. I can't express how soul destroying that QPR match was. I know a lot of people had reached the end of their tether with Cocu long before me, but I don't think I'm alone in being totally disillusioned by those two games.

However, we're all Derby aren't we? And we'll all get behind the team whoever takes over and we'll all still be here after they've left as well.

Seen on twitter an audio clip from Ed Dawes stating he's heard the players weren't wholly satisfied with training, it was boring and Cocu wasn't focusing on match issues. Also saw a comment underneath that referencing Lowe's comments about training that were quickly shot down on here but now would make even more sense. 

2 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

If we hadn't of been in the position we were at the end,with the performances we had produced,then I could probably see where you are coming from here..... certainly if we had been climbing out with it all slowly coming together then it might have been different.

To be honest though,to an owner it must be pretty difficult to sit in that position for very long as the games click by with the results and performances worsening.

Yep, I fully understand it. I just think we were close to improving with a squad that would be stronger as a group having come through a transitional period.

Its a bloody shame all round.

3 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

...or maybe some of them feel awkward because they know they never gave their all for the bloke. ?‍♂️

Heaven forbid - if there's a grain of truth in that then they can follow him out of the club, no matter who they are.

3 minutes ago, goldstar said:

Seen on twitter an audio clip from Ed Dawes stating he's heard the players weren't wholly satisfied with training, it was boring and Cocu wasn't focusing on match issues. Also saw a comment underneath that referencing Lowe's comments about training that were quickly shot down on here but now would make even more sense. 

Further indication of pampered pro footballers not being very professional. Most of us don't like some aspect of our jobs, but generally we get on with it and do the best that we can. 

1 minute ago, europia said:

Further indication of pampered pro footballers not being very professional. Most of us don't like some aspect of our jobs, but generally we get on with it and do the best that we can. 

I think we could all see they weren't putting in their all on match day, disappointing. 

2 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Heaven forbid - if there's a grain of truth in that then they can follow him out of the club, no matter who they are.

I've been lucky enough to be around the game at youth and scouting level and consider time spent talking with ex and current pros, as well as coaching and management staff as more powerful than any time I have spent watching or reading about football when it comes to insight about the game.

Some of the things they have told me about players (including themselves) and how they have influenced a whole club from top to bottom made my head spin.

We often hear from the media about the collective downing of tools and losing the dressing room, but I can confirm having heard first hand from a previous england international "some managers I would break my neck for, that rick I wouldn't break sweat for" when I asked him about his time at a previous club.....

4 minutes ago, europia said:

"We're board of this but the manager keeps wanting us to do it until we're good at it, but we're not good at it, so we're just gonna be runish until we get a new manager"

Can't wait for the inevitable "great group of lads" comment from whoever the new manager is.

3 minutes ago, KBB said:

I've been lucky enough to be around the game at youth and scouting level and consider time spent talking with ex and current pros, as well as coaching and management staff as more powerful than any time I have spent watching or reading about football when it comes to insight about the game.

Some of the things they have told me about players (including themselves) and how they have influenced a whole club from top to bottom made my head spin.

We often hear from the media about the collective downing of tools and losing the dressing room, but I can confirm having heard first hand from a previous england international "some managers I would break my neck for, that rick I wouldn't break sweat for" when I asked him about his time at a previous club.....

Tell us more details, you know you want to...

2 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

"We're board of this but the manager keeps wanting us to do it until we're good at it, but we're not good at it, so we're just gonna be runish until we get a new manager"

Can't wait for the inevitable "great group of lads" comment from whoever the new manager is.

Part of the reason I feel so deflated about the club now. An uninterested owner,players not putting it in and the one bloke who seems to care is the one gone, potentially replaced by a player who couldn't keep himself in shape over lockdown. Professional. Ha.

Cocu should have stuck to his guns with the academy players.

11 minutes ago, KBB said:

Not really any different to the dynamics in many workplaces.

Archived