Bristol City v Derby County: Matchday Thread (A)

Ghost of Clough

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we had played like that under Cocu, going back to a 4-2-3-1, with Holmes playing like that in the 10, with Knight on the wing, with Marshall nearly giving the ball away from playing out, the reaction at half time would be very different.

Not sure where all this "much improved" stuff is coming from. It's no different. 

We've been really comfortable so far. Bristol City haven't really had too many opportunities on our goal, really managing Chris Martin well.

We're playing a lot more attacking compared to the previous stuff, quicker passing, less passing backwards and we're really stretching the pitch. Overall I'm happier with the way we're playing.

12 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Absolutely no different to the team under Cocu. Still giving the ball away too much. Lawrence still turning around and passing backwards rather than running at goal.

It's almost as if the new management team are in fact just the same management team with less members ?

Disagree massively. 

Far more urgency all over.

Still shiyte up top though(Holmes).

They've not looked remotely like threatening. 

Pretty even half. Holmes 1st touch has let him down in a few good positions.

Knight on RM isnt working for me, cant beat a man so always cuts back or loses it trying to beat his man.

Id look to swap him & Holmes over to see how that works and maybe introduce Sibley or Whittaker for one/both of them

1 minute ago, Nuwtfly said:

If we had played like that under Cocu, going back to a 4-2-3-1, with Holmes playing like that in the 10, with Knight on the wing, with Marshall nearly giving the ball away from playing out, the reaction at half time would be very different.

Not sure where all this "much improved" stuff is coming from. It's no different. 

Sums it up for me. Either all the coaches stayed or they all left. 

Not earth shatteringly brilliant but BCFC are a very good team and I thought we shaded that half. I never agreed with loads of the rubbish thrown at Cocu but some of the stuff on here is like the revenge of Cocu’s revolutionary guard! It makes you wonder if some folk actually support individuals rather than the actual club. Come in Derby let’s sneak a win in the 2nd half.

11 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

This isn’t directly aimed at you, but I love how everything is now Rosenior’s fault.

The comment about the training came from Rosenior himself, reported on here.

Didn't need to say it, makes himself look stupid when things look exactly the same. Like Rooney with his "need to simplify the message".

Why do they set themselves up by making such boneheaded pronouncements - quiet understatement a far better strategy.

2 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

We need fresh ideas and a fresh set of eyes. Rooney and Rosenior were involved with Cocu's Derby, so it's not surprise it's similar. 

Archived