Bristol City v Derby County: Matchday Thread (A)

Ghost of Clough

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, Ilsonram12 said:

Holmes is frustrating to watch at times 

Holmes is league 2/ National League standard at best...I predict he'll never make a footballer for Derby County.A little scamper and maybe beating his man once every 6 matches doesn't really cut it at this level.

Just now, Patrick Rams said:

Holmes is league 2/ National League standard at best...I predict he'll never make a footballer for Derby County.A little scamper and maybe beating his man once every 6 matches doesn't really cut it at this level.

What a load of rubbish.

56 minutes ago, rammieib said:

On the Shinnie/Davies - we are bottom of the league - the players have all done wrong. Not just these two but just about every player could argue they deserve to be dropped....

MTW was good at Bournemouth and now discarded. Bielik plays 90 minutes, trains with squad and then no sign of him. Holmes consistently poor but gets in ahead of Sibley.

Very confusing.

4 coaches who see them picked them though 

A mildly encouraging first half.

Can we go on and get something?

As quite a few have said, it doesn't really look or feel that different to most of Cocu's games this season. Perhaps a little bit more attacking but still not that dangerous/piss easy to defend against.

Big question is are going to just be ?p in the second half like we did every game under Cocu.

I think people are seeing thing they want to see through rose tinted glasses..... 

Only saving grace is Brizzle are as lethargic as us.

With the greatness of respect to Holmes and the fact he gives loads of shirts of stuff away etc and his time to fans which is amazing, it doesn’t mean he needs to keep giving the ball away as well. 

I want this team to do better I really do, but I think for me we are clutching at straws if we think that 45 was an “improvement”

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Yes, we created more than they did. Plus corners. Did you expect them to be easy to beat? ?

Gonna need my mind jogging of those. I don't remember a single clear cut chance. If this was a Cocu performance you'd be slating him, at least be consistent. 

3 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

It's no different. 

I disagree with this. Not saying we've made any revolutionary changes but we've had more shots at goal than we were having before. 6 shots in that half compared to 7 in the entire QPR game. I'd have thought that half would have been our highest XG 45 minutes in a while. 

Nothing incredible, but slightly less depressing than last week. And Bristol are quite good. 

3 minutes ago, IronRam 140.6 said:

Disagree massively. 

Far more urgency all over.

Still shiyte up top though(Holmes).

They've not looked remotely like threatening. 

Absolutely agree. We look stronger all over. We need a proper striker and Sibley in midfield and we’ll fly.

Archived