Bristol City v Derby County: Matchday Thread (A)

Ghost of Clough

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holmes shoots from range; deflected. Out for a corner.

Holmes has been better in the last few but he's still a way from a "good" performance. And as I type that he fluffs his part of a short corner routine with Rooney.

Knight and Holmes can't play effectively in the same team... one has to miss out as they're both better in the middle of the pitch. Neither of them look to take on their man in that wider position.

Holmes off for either Whittaker (and move Knight into the middle) or JHI (and move Knight into the middle with Waghorn out wide)... either would be an improvement at the minute IMO.

Bright start to the half, unrealistic to expect the same tempo all the way through. We don't look a side short on confidence just a little sloppy at times. Buchanan seems to be finding a bit of a space but we're not utilising it enough. Good half from Clarke keeping the Wardrobe quiet. I thought Wisdom would be the man to pick him up but Clarke doing a solid job. 

HT 0-0

Clearly the "much-needed change" spoken about by Rosenior and Rooney meant the new manager being brought on; and not any of the work either of them are doing. As this performance is basically exactly the same as our games under Cocu.

We look competent in possession; but don't look any more dangerous in the final third. We are just as standoffish when Bristol are in possession and have had a couple of heart-in-mouth moments in defense.

I do think we were the better team in the first half; but I've thought that in the majority of games this season.

Archived