Derby County v Barnsley: Matchday Thread

Rampant

I got shouted down when I said after the third game that we were playing the kind of football to get us relegated not just to league 1 or 2 but national league some said I was over reacting another said I was pessimistic I said wait and see ... I’ve since changed my opinion .... I’m doing the national league a dis-service 

Truly can’t remember a time when I’ve seen any team play as bad as we have in the opening 11 games

5 goals in 11 games 3 free kicks one deflected effort and the other from less than 6 yards 

The only bit of good news is we should have a takeover from one of the richest men in the world and if I was him I’d be worried I’d made the wrong choice 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, neil62uk said:

Wait until Lawrence is back 

Wait until Waghorn is back 

Wait until Beileik is back 

Well there back and it's the same 

pathetic , inept , dire performance 

They're back increasing the quality but we still don't get anybody ahead of the ball and get opponents to turn their heads. 

We pass like a Rugby team except those passes to our isolated full back who has a dozen defenders to beat and one striker to target. 

We never looked like doing the right things even with the wrong players. 

I think 90% of fans agree on Cocu now. The players need to have a look at themselves, the last 2 performances have been of a team that want their manager gone. No passion, no heart. Unacceptable at all levels as the only real losers are us the fans. 

I feel very sad to see the club I have supported for 53 years sitting at the bottom of the Championship table. Cocu has been given plenty of time  but he is clearly out of his depth managing a club in the championship and the players seem to have lost all their enthusiasm and enjoyment for the game. I really hope Rooney is not our next manager as this current regime just isn't working. We need a manager to come in and revitalize our club and at the very least a new striker in January. We can turn this around and we will.

6 minutes ago, neil62uk said:

Wait until Lawrence is back 

Wait until Waghorn is back 

Wait until Beileik is back 

Well there back and it's the same 

pathetic , inept , dire performance 

They have come back, but what they came back to was too broken for it to make a difference.

If they'd had a proper preseason and been available from the start there was a chance, but the malaise over the club had fully set in by the time they've returned.

Fresh eyes needed.

Anyone else panicking? No lucky shirt or rain dance will fix this poo. 

Yes Cocu out, but what good will the sheik money do in League One? 
And btw, is there a single player who is allowed to play in their actual position. Wings are forwards, defenders are midfielders and our only CF is more like an offensive midfielder....

Spineless, Spiritless, Shocking .... that’s just the S’s you could go through the alphabet. I’m sure the players will come in for stick and rightly so but any posters using that to deflect away from the management of this team need not bother. Cocu lost my support after the last result with caveats of sadness but I’m over that now. We are in utter disarray. 

Archived