Derby County v QPR Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, 1977 Ram Raider said:

Poorest first half performance of the season.

I don’t wanna bring up memories you’ve suppressed but we were 3-0 down and out of it against Blackburn a few weeks back by the 20th minute. 

This has been woeful compared to the last 3 games but don’t forget how bad we’ve been before then ahha

18 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

The only reason I can imagine for the tactical shift is that he doesn't think Fozzy is up to the task of playing as a wing-back. But if that's the case it begs the question whether it's wise to rest a player if their absence forces a system change? 

It beggars belief...?

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

I'm too tired; gonna head out. Enjoy the second half everyone. Whatever happens, remember its only football ☺️

The ultimate cure for insomnia that’s what we’ve become........would welcome Mac back after that performance, as coach to a manager a la TBE  era.

First half thoughts... we don't move the ball well in this formation, we are much more fluid in the 3-4-3 formation.

Shinnie is having an off game and the slow passing around midfield is leaving us vulnerable at the back and unable to make breaks up field quickly.

Marshall is the best keeper we've had in years. He's kept us in the game with his early save but command of the defensive line, which is looking really shaky without a third CB.

Forsyth isn't good enough competition for Buchanan. He hasn't done much wrong, but he hasn't done much right either.

I think Phil needs to take us back to 3-4-3 at half time. With either Shinnie or Forsyth moving to wing back and the other one being replaced with MtWor Wiz. Rooney next to Knight in the middle pulling the strings and get the energy and interchanging back in that front 3.

21 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

The only reason I can imagine for the tactical shift is that he doesn't think Fozzy is up to the task of playing as a wing-back. But if that's the case it begs the question whether it's wise to rest a player if their absence forces a system change? 

It is to fit Rooney in the team. He is a complete liability when they have the ball though and Knight is having to leave chair (choose your pun) behind him as there is no pressure on their DCM.

Our passing has been poor and Lawrence is either pished off or not fit. 

I want us to bring Sibley on but I have too many candidates for him to replace. 

2 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

This all over.

Ok Rooney had that chance but we have lost so much energy without the wing backs overlapping and totally flat in the middle.

The common denominator is Rooney coming back, regardless of his set piece skills (which we have Waggy and Lawrence for anyway), we have just gone backwards again and look more fragile at the back with a 4.

Time for Cocu to react to what plenty can see unfolding.

Blimey your optimistic

Archived