Abu Derby County

tinman

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

We should just do what Leicester did a few years ago and default on them all with impunity.

MSD appear to have headed off that one by having charges over the assets so Mel (or anyone else) can't pick them up for a quid.

New DCFC would consist of whats left....

- 8 office chairs (used)

- 3 sets of training bits (soiled)

- 4 car parking signs labelled "chairman", "ceo", "technical director " and "first team manager"

- 1 Anya (as new, hardly used)

?

40 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

We should just do what Leicester did a few years ago and default on them all with impunity.

Just in case you’re being serious:

Aren’t there two major problems with that?

1) I assume it’s not just these big boys that would suffer. There are probably a lot of small companies and individuals we’d have to default on as well as we’d quickly go into administration. I’m no expert but I suspect you have to be very careful when it comes to giving creditors preferential treatment

2) Haven’t the rules and punishments changed a lot since Leicester got away with their scandalous actions? 

53 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

MSD appear to have headed off that one by having charges over the assets so Mel (or anyone else) can't pick them up for a quid.

New DCFC would consist of whats left....

- 8 office chairs (used)

- 3 sets of training bits (soiled)

- 4 car parking signs labelled "chairman", "ceo", "technical director " and "first team manager"

- 1 Anya (as new, hardly used)

?

There must be some drones sat gathering dust ?

I've just heard from a mate that Mel has now walked away from the BZI takeover. He's still very keen to sell, but no longer talking to the Sheikh. 

I can't vouch for the reliability of the source - it's at least 4th hand and even my mate thinks it is probably fake. I suspect that if turns out to be true, we'll start getting hints pretty soon.

Well if he has walked away I applaud him, he has shown ample patience/desperation with this shower and it has become a self respect thing for me. 

There’s only so long a man can be mucked about before he starts to look daft. Furthermore I’d appeal to our football authorities to ban BZI from entering any negotiations to purchase any club in future as they obviously can’t fulfill commitments they undertake.

22 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

I've just heard from a mate that Mel has now walked away from the BZI takeover. He's still very keen to sell, but no longer talking to the Sheikh. 

I can't vouch for the reliability of the source - it's at least 4th hand and even my mate thinks it is probably fake. I suspect that if turns out to be true, we'll start getting hints pretty soon.

Your contributions have been good to date, but this one is the sum total of : repeating speculation x sitting on the fence x stating the bleeding obvious ?

(good news though - we are delighted to offer you the job as Sky's roving reporter in the Midlands) 

16 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Is it just as simple as walking away?

It was reported that contracts had been exchanged. 

Unless any terms of the contract have been breached then you cant just walk away.

One would assume a long stop date for completion was included in the contract though.

Something like "£x recieved within 30 days, £y within 90 days where £x and £y are the total price outlined above" ?

If there's something like that which has been breached if give Mel the cover to pull away.

13 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Unless any terms of the contract have been breached then you cant just walk away.

One would assume a long stop date for completion was included in the contract though.

The impression that I got was that the timescale for closing has been missed.

I stress that I just don't know how credible this is. One thing though, the original source for this is supposedly an attempt to alert potential investors that the club is back on the market. If it is genuine, I would be amazed if the journos don't get wind of it very shortly. 

I'd suggest that if it isn't in the 'papers' by tomorrow, it is just BS.

9 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I think you mean “like” rather than “expect”. 

No I disagree, “expect” is the correct term. 
I have a stake in the club in the form of a Season Ticket holder. They have £600 of my money - I expect to be informed whether this will ever be returned to me and the future direction of the club. 

23 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

If they have lost their investment but they can't walk away then that leaves us in the daft position of having exchanged contracts whilst being totally unable to complete. 

Surely there is a mechanism to kill the deal? They lost their backer, that's on them. If they get penalised as a result that's their problem. 

24 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I'd suspect not paying the money promised would be considered a breach of contract on their part.....

1 minute ago, Abu Derby said:

I have a stake in the club in the form of a Season Ticket holder. They have £600 of my money - I expect to be informed whether this will ever be returned to me and the future direction of the club. 

Being a season ticket holder makes you a customer, not a stakeholder. There is a big difference from the clubs perspective. 

1 minute ago, Abu Derby said:

I applaud your buying of a season ticket (like I did), particularly when it was obvious to most people that the effects of the pandemic were likely to continue for an indefinite period. However, when I paid up, never in a month of Sundays did I imagine it gave me a stake in the Club or that I would be informed of, as you put it, the direction of the Club. That's just ridiculous.

15 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Something like "£x recieved within 30 days, £y within 90 days where £x and £y are the total price outlined above" ?

If there's something like that which has been breached if give Mel the cover to pull away.

Id imagine its more likely completion to be executed within x days after exchange and with a long stop date for the NDA. Pure guesswork though.

Archived