Abu Derby County

tinman

15 minutes ago, StrawHillRam said:

Have they threatened not to play?

Not heard that

It’s such a tricky situation .. I can see any modest business saying there’s a glitch guys ... we need a few days to do some fiscal messing but in x days we will pay you. The reality of life is that these things happen, but from the knowledge we have it seems that the players have now been waiting 3 weeks .. that is seriously iffy with next months pay due in a week. Once  30 days has passed the ground is very shakey .. Bluntly Mel needs to pay them or declare us as a failed / failing business with all that  implies. This is grim  

3 minutes ago, jono said:

Bluntly Mel needs to pay them or declare us as a failed / failing business with all that  implies. This is grim  

Doesn't not paying your staff for a number of weeks automatically imply that your business is failing, wouldn't have thought you needed a formal  announcement for folks to appreciate that 

5 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Doesn't not paying your staff for a number of weeks automatically imply that your business is failing, wouldn't have thought you needed a formal  announcement for folks to appreciate that 

Not if the reason is that a legally binding agreement means someone else should have paid. You could argue the new crowd are failing in that scenario. 

43 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

It only does if you use a very simplistic form of argument and conclusion. It does mean you have a critical serious unresolved problem that needs addressing very quickly before the edifice crumbles and the initial simplistic conclusion is proven.

This was my point .. there are hiccups, problems, issues in the nature of this business. The salaries of players are wildly out of kilter with the income received by this and similar clubs. While businesses are seeking a conclusion or solution to a change of ownership then these salaries will be an overwhelming part of that equation.. to put it on the same level as the warehouseman who didn’t get paid just isn’t the same thing. If for example senior players were on the same sort of level as directors in medium sized companies .. let’s say 100 K a year plus bonuses then the tish show that is the championship would smell a lot sweeter... but they are not ., they are earning between 5 and 10 times that. It is distorted so “failing” while true in a sense doesn’t really reflect the reality of this mad league and it finances. 

It was noticeable the good old Bristol city lost £10 million last season despite a trading profit on transfers of £25 million ? and that’s with income up until mid March 

in terms of ourselves who knows? - but cash available is a nightmare for all clubs - it’s vaccine of bust for the EFL next season whilst a few will go this season potentially 

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

Unfortunately it is also a breach of contract. Players could claim constructive dismissal if so minded.

21 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Fat fingers. I was too enthusiastic in my vision of how a dcfcfans takeover would play out.

I was putting it down to lack of beer. Get yourself to the fridge and pour yourself another one son!

I've just had a 6dn Hopocrisy, Burnside Brown Ale, Lost & Found Brut IPA and ready for several more!

2 hours ago, Rammeister said:

Unfortunately it is also a breach of contract. Players could claim constructive dismissal if so minded.

Yes. Any employee, needs to decide what their red line is, based upon their own personal circumstances. For instance, if you are on a weekly wage and your kids aren't getting fed if you don't get paid for your previous weeks work, then that is your red line. That's when you start looking for another job. A promise of getting paid 'at some point in the future' isn't a currency at any supermarket I know of.

So for DCFC players, they should already be considering how much pay they are willing to write off. In the majority of cases, when a business is hitting the skids, the chances of being reimbursed in full for unpaid income is pretty slim. 

1 hour ago, Inverurie Ram said:

I was putting it down to lack of beer. Get yourself to the fridge and pour yourself another one son!

I've just had a 6dn Hopocrisy, Burnside Brown Ale, Lost & Found Brut IPA and ready for several more!

Tonight Inverurie, I'm going to be...

Drinking Woodford Reserve bourbon on the rocks (possibly my favorite bourbon, although Makers Mark deserves a shout out)

Its pretty grim. If the sheikh is struggling to get 60m together to buy the club because the main backer has pulled out then theyre going to struggle to run the club. 

Might as well knock the deal on the head. If Mel can't find another buyer or doesn't wish to fund us then we'll have to sell a couple of players. We're obviously in mega trouble. 

Our league position doesn't help. If we were around the playoffs then you could see him rolling the dice again & getting another loan. See if we go up. 

With no fans in the ground and the prospect of playing league one football next year i dont see how we afford to pay any loans back.