Abu Derby County

tinman

6 hours ago, Ambitious said:

This guy is the cousin of Man City's owners. I think they're typically ok, unless you're homosexual (or a cross-dresser apparently) or overly drunk or have drugs in your system. I mean, still pretty intolerant, but more tolerant than the Saudis. 

I, for one, welcome our new wealthy overlords. 

Your easily bought.

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

Anyone who thinks that our standards in terms of rights and legal proceedings and values as a country is similar to those of the Middle East has been reading way too much bull crap and needs their head checking. The fact you can say that unironically is ignorance beyond belief. Yes our history is not perfect but we abolished the slave trade and in terms of people's rights freedom of speach, women's status,  right to a fair trial we are about as Liberal as it gets. 

And what has that to. Do with football ???

2 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

Anyone who thinks that our standards in terms of rights and legal proceedings and values as a country is similar to those of the Middle East has been reading way too much bull crap and needs their head checking. A women can get killed for adultery ffs, women were recently not allowed to drive how stupid can you get? The fact you can say that unironically is ignorance beyond belief. Yes our history is not perfect but we abolished the slave trade and in terms of people's rights freedom of speach, women's status,  right to a fair trial we are about as Liberal as it gets. 

Mate, why are you referring to the whole of Middle East?? That’s ignorant bigotry there. What has what happens in Saudi got to do with Abu Dhabi or UAE? We are progressing mate...but only recently and inconsistently. Don’t be too proud because ours is better hidden.

3 minutes ago, BobdeBilder said:

Executions in 2020 to date (last updated on October 28, 2020)

0. [11]

Executions in 2019

0. [12]

Executions in 2018

0. [13]

Executions in 2017

1. [14]

Executions in 2016

0. [15]

Executions in 2015

1. [16]

Executions in 2014

1. [17]

Executions in 2013

0. [18]

Executions in 2012

1. [19]

Executions in 2011

1. [20]

Executions in 2010

0. [21]

Executions in 2009

0. [22]

Executions in 2008

1. [23]

Executions in 2007

0. [24]

Year of Last Known Execution

2017. [25]

Categories of Offenders Excluded From the Death Penalty:

Individuals Below Age 18 At Time of Crime.
We did not find a translation of Article 10(1) of the Juvenile Delinquents and Displaced Persons Act No. 9 of 1976, but it reportedly excludes those under the age of 18 from the death penalty. [67] Additionally, the UAE is party to the Convention on the Rights of the Child, [68] which prohibits such executions, and of the Arab Charter on Human Rights, which prohibits such executions unless they are enabled by law. [69] There may be some ambiguity as to this legal exclusion in cases involving religiously stipulated or retributive penalties. [70] Although Shari’a law clearly excludes youthful offenders from execution, there might not be a modern bright line standard under Shari’a law [71] (except that set by the Arab Charter). As of 2010 three individuals were reportedly held under sentence of death for offenses committed while under the age of 18. [72]

And those figures will 100% be accurate.....100%...... because they are on the internet when you google "death penalty UAE; so it must be true..... the UAE wouldnt hide that figure would they..?

5 minutes ago, ram1964 said:

And what has that to. Do with football ???

Nothing, was in response to someone saying that we are no better and have a similar state of affairs which is very wrong. I wouldn't be against him as an owner based of where he his from but if he is similar to Marinakis (who is a crook) at Forest or has other dodgy links then I would n't want him. Not 100 %on the facts the Newcastle owners that got rejected were pretty dodgy maybe this guy is not the same. 

31 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

its amazing how quickly and easily people are able to turn a blind eye to atrocities when it means they might be seeing a football team win a few more games than they used to.......

Well, you never know....perhaps we’ll start to see less atrocities on the football pitch with new owners.

29 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Yep, I will and i wont be the only one.

And on the same vein, if they do take over you are prepared to over look all the terrible human rights, the innocent people being murdered, the starving children, the homophobia, the sexual inequality etc etc etc issues that they have just to support a football team....?

Have you ever been to Abu Dhabi? I know it quite well having a son who lives there and having also spent some time there. Please don't think it is like Saudi Arabia. My daughter in law hasn't complained about sexual inequality and believe me if she encountered it she would. Women are able to drive out there you know! There are certainly things there that I don't agree with and I wouldn't want to live there but it's not all bad. The crime rate is incredibly low and I have always felt very safe there, safer than in England. I reiterate there are some very serious issues there and I certainly don't condone them  but I've always believed in travel educating the mind and by interacting with people we can enable change.

4 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

And those figures will 100% be accurate.....100%...... because they are on the internet when you google "death penalty UAE; so it must be true..... the UAE wouldnt hide that figure would they..?

Have you stopped ranting about Saudi Arabia now then?

5 minutes ago, biellaram said:

Mate, why are you referring to the whole of Middle East?? That’s ignorant bigotry there. What has what happens in Saudi got to do with Abu Dhabi or UAE? We are progressing mate...but only recently and inconsistently. Don’t be too proud because ours is better hidden.

They are all the same pretty much, yes we are not perfect far from it but put it this way If I had a daughter I wouldn't her to go there. 

1 hour ago, GenBr said:

He can just do a Watford. I know this guy doesnt own Man City, but i'm sure he can convince his cousin to send us some players at below market rates. Not sure if any Citeh players are good enough for the mighty Rams, but im sure we can give them a go.

I can feel a £50m sale of Scott Carson coming up in January ?

18 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

If 1 person ever ever ever gets the death penalty ever ever ever for a crime they did not commit then the whole system has failed miserably....

ask the Birmingham 6's family if they think the death penalty should be implemented... and this is in a country that has a semi decent judical system.....the same can not be said about Saudi Arabia...!

Pretty sure the families of the Brum 6 are happy the death penalty wasn't an option, but the mother of Jamie Bulger still wants Venables and Thompson executed.....as do i

5 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

They are all the same pretty much, yes we are not perfect far from it but put it this way If I had a daughter I wouldn't her to go there. 

Marriott...I spent 13 years living abroad...do you know how sick I felt every time I heard people say that about England?

Can’t you see that’s it’s wrong to just lump them all in together and judge them collectively? 

6 hours ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

I'm undecided on this. Mel Morris has the right intentions seems a decent guy but has ultimately been a failure and at the moment the decision he made to appoint Cocu is looking a very bad one and pretty much every decision he has made in hind sight has not worked out. Saying that I'd rather Derby be a terrible league 1 club and atleast be a local team rather than the new Man City with plastic fans, a new stadium full of tourists and crap atmosphere and no local players. Also if the owner has dodgy principles and morals and has middle age ways of treating people then I'd rather be a team that's in league 1 or a rubbish championship side than have some dodgy ducker come in who may equally be unsuccessful, at least Morris has the right intentions. 

No it isn't, his rationale for the appointment and subsequent success off the pitch mitigates the recent bad form. Start winning games and Cocu's appointment becomes an unmitigated success:

Pros: Youth progression, better transfers, implementation of a footballing system throughout all age levels 
Cons: Not had a good start to the season thanks to injuries...

Even if Cocu ends up going, he'll have left in place the foundation for a much more sustainable football club than constantly gambling on promotion every season with short term strategies that leave us in a poor state financially, and that alone means his appointment wasn't a mistake. A gamble maybe, but a gamble worth taking.

53 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

I just picked out three of these. I can't understand this point of view. Man City were also-rans and now are a top Premier League team with some of the world's best players. My first memories of supporting Derby are of us as the top team in the country, with some of the world's best players, breaking the British transfer record. Watching us beat Real Madrid 4-1 in the European Cup is one of my finest Derby moments to have witnessed.

I would love it if we have an owner with the ambition and wherewithal to reach those dizzy heights again in my lifetime. I know hard core Man Citeh fans and they have absolutely loved their ascent to the football summit.

It's a fair point. I'd never be able to not be a Derby fan, it's more if I feel it goes way away from a club I feel invested in, part of, that reciprocal relationship becoming knowing they don't need me because the Megabucks are going to keep flowing as the plaything of an oil state, I could see myself caring less. 

Archived