Abu Derby County

tinman

I think were a decent investment for a billionaire 

If he's gone in before for Liverpool at 2 billion & Newcastle for 350 mil if he gets us for the reported 60m its a bargain. Can get us for 60 and spend less than his initial investment in the other two clubs & potentially get us up & do well. 

Were a decent club, got a bit of history (not loads but decent to most) , good stadium for the size of the club, good training ground, full of potential & a solid fan base. Its decent foundations to build something. 

I welcome the takeover if it happens. 

At least there is never a dull moment supporting us 

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, Dappled Ram said:

Yes I was there and it was fantastic. We go to be entertained and entertained we were.  I really don't think the younger supporters understand how much a positive effect those days had on the town of Derby. Everybody was swept along in the euphoria. And no I wasn't upset by the money spent either.

I have turned the tap down on potential euphoria until the ink is dry on the contract. Then I will very quietly indicate that I am slightly in favour of the deal. Woohoo.

3 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

No it isn't, his rationale for the appointment and subsequent success off the pitch mitigates the recent bad form. Start winning games and Cocu's appointment becomes an unmitigated success:

Pros: Youth progression, better transfers, implementation of a footballing system throughout all age levels 
Cons: Not had a good start to the season thanks to injuries...

Even if Cocu ends up going, he'll have left in place the foundation for a much more sustainable football club than constantly gambling on promotion every season with short term strategies that leave us in a poor state financially, and that alone means his appointment wasn't a mistake. A gamble maybe, but a gamble worth taking.

Very well put.

8 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

They are all the same pretty much, yes we are not perfect far from it but put it this way If I had a daughter I wouldn't her to go there. 

I do wonder how people arrive at the thought process to write out racist generalisations and then think ''yeah, i'll post that''...? ?

1 minute ago, biellaram said:

Marriott...I spent 13 years living abroad...do you know how sick I felt every time I heard people say that about England?

Can’t you see that’s it’s wrong to just lump them all in together and judge them collectively? 

Well yes it is pretty racist, but I was talking more about them as a country so how they are ruled and peoples rights comapared to the UK, not saying they all are the same as people, meant all the same as countries in the middle East in that way. The owner may be decent, but with stuff I've heard from that region and about the owners who were supposed to be taking over Newcastle it gets me pretty sceptical. 

5 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

No it isn't, his rationale for the appointment and subsequent success off the pitch mitigates the recent bad form. Start winning games and Cocu's appointment becomes an unmitigated success:

Pros: Youth progression, better transfers, implementation of a footballing system throughout all age levels 

Even if Cocu ends up going, he'll have left in place the foundation for a much more sustainable football club than constantly gambling on promotion every season with short term strategies that leave us in a poor state financially, and that alone means his appointment wasn't a mistake. A gamble maybe, but a gamble worth taking.

Last season wasn't exactly great let's be real, yes it wasn't a bad season but it was so up and down and we were that inconsistent that it definitely raised some questions. At one point it looked like we were going down we were playing that badly, fair enough he turned it around but now we are on another horrible run things arent looking great. Maybe I was abit harsh on him in hindsight but at the moment it's very debatable if he's been a decent appointment. 

6 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

This is all still pie-in-the-sky wishful thinking!

Cocu isn't winning games. He can't even implement his own preferred 4-3-3. The youth aren't progressing as well as it seemed or is he just not playing as many?

As for a foundation, we'd still be in the Championship and would be having to sell our talent to survive.

Unmitigated?

13 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

They are all the same pretty much, yes we are not perfect far from it but put it this way If I had a daughter I wouldn't her to go there. 

There's a lot of female expats out in Abu Dhabi and they are having a wonderful quality of life and a much better work home life balance than we've got. I was concerned when my son and his wife moved out to Abu Dhabi but they are so happy there. It is safer than the UK and the medical care is amazing.  Don't judge it till you've tried it.

7 minutes ago, Olton Ram said:

This has to be one of the most random, off-topic threads for some time. A mini-debate about hanging Jamie Bulger's killers, some casual bigotry about the Middle East and and confusion about Aston Villa's financial affairs. My head's spinning.

You spoke too soon and missed the mention of Hitler 

Archived