Abu Derby County

tinman

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is getting beyond a joke will someone please tell us what the duck is going on .... either confirm it’s definitely happening or let us know if we are going the way of Wigan and Sunderland into league 1 obscurity stop bloody telling us the deal should be wrapped up in a couple of days you’re just taking the piss now .... is Cocu doing the negotiations ?

1 hour ago, Silko said:

This is getting beyond a joke will someone please tell us what the duck is going on .... either confirm it’s definitely happening or let us know if we are going the way of Wigan and Sunderland into league 1 obscurity stop bloody telling us the deal should be wrapped up in a couple of days you’re just taking the piss now .... is Cocu doing the negotiations ?

DCFC said negotiations were ongoing and that they would make no further comment.

At no point in time have they told us the deal should be wrapped up in a couple of days.

I wonder how long the purchase by a UAE Sheik of a 50% stake in an Israeli club took to go through?

BBC Article

I was thinking that I could look up the first mention in the club's press releases to see how long it took to go through ... and compare it to the timeframes that we have been seeing ... but apparently the purchase was controversial, so perhaps it was not in the news in the initial stages.

10 hours ago, Boycie said:

Sorry, my Chinese isn't as good as yours?

Sorry mate thought you might know this one.

The (possibly apocryphal) story goes that a Great War front line commander sent a message back from the trenches “Send reinforcements, going to advance” which reached HQ as “Send three and fourpence, going to a dance”.

15 hours ago, Topram said:

I do think it’s odd the club clearly told Rooney over a week ago it was 1/2 days away 

why would "the club" know when it's going to happen ?????????????

based on what we're told, the Sheikh's people are in a room with Dell renegotiating the stadium financing. Quite possibly they are also in negotiations with 32red 

The club is still owned by Mel. Unlikely he's closely involved in the discussions with Dell. He will be asking the SHeikh's people where they are getting to and he is probably told 'we're very close'. Hopefully

Rooney's agent will be calling anyone who will speak to him asking when it will happen, because he wants WR appointed as permanent manager and he knows that won't happen before t/o. And he will be telling WR everything he knows and more because he needs WR to think he's itk

So based on what we're told we shouldn't blame "the club" for the delay or for the uncertainty.

As others have said, the real cause for the delay is the web MM has woven in his attempts to keep all the balls in the air

11 hours ago, oldtimeram said:

At least half a dozen.  They think it's an odd situation and so do I

Half a dozen eh? I guess that proves we’re the laughing stock of the nation.

Has it occurred to you that they’re only talking about it because they know you’re a Derby fan whereas for most it’s probably not on their radar and never will be to any great extent until/unless it does happen and the money makes a significant difference to our league status?

8 hours ago, WoollyJumper said:

Sorry mate thought you might know this one.

The (possibly apocryphal) story goes that a Great War front line commander sent a message back from the trenches “Send reinforcements, going to advance” which reached HQ as “Send three and fourpence, going to a dance”.

Sigh, mate, it was a joke about Chinese whispers, I put the wrong words down, that’s the joke ?

Just now, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I think it's interesting the season ticket refunds have started to happen.

Not sure if this has any bearing on the takeover, but it seemed to me like this was being held off until the takeover was confirmed.

I know I'm probably clutching at straws.

It's a reasonable assumption that something has changed. 

I really think Derby's future has hung in the balance and that the takeover gives us a stay of execution. 

Mel has had a lot of criticism and the delay is frustrating but we are talking high stakes here. We have to get it right for the future sustainability of the club. 

11 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

It's a reasonable assumption that something has changed. 

I really think Derby's future has hung in the balance and that the takeover gives us a stay of execution. 

Mel has had a lot of criticism and the delay is frustrating but we are talking high stakes here. We have to get it right for the future sustainability of the club. 

Absolutely, I hope people who get their knickers in a twist, like me, are just like kids at Christmas, something good is coming but we just want it to happen now.

If this extended wait results in a successful takeover, Sheikh Khaled purchasing the stadium, announcing some sort of sponsorship and backing for the manager in Jan, it will all be worth it.

12 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Absolutely, I hope people who get their knickers in a twist, like me, are just like kids at Christmas, something good is coming but we just want it to happen now.

If this extended wait results in a successful takeover, Sheikh Khaled purchasing the stadium, announcing some sort of sponsorship and backing for the manager in Jan, it will all be worth it.

Take a sneak look in the bedroom wardrobe beforehand, then act surprised on the day.

On 09/12/2020 at 03:35, one_chop said:

I predict double disappointment this week, turned over by Brentford followed by news before Saturday that the imminent takeover has fallen through.

Well you were wrong on one count! Let's hope you are wrong on both!!

11 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

he keeps telling the Sheikh 'now you're taking the pish'     No one in UAE knows what he's  talking about 

Wayne is the manager of Derby County. He is loving it. He has got what he wants and is planning to make a really good job of it. Crikey how much must he have learnt from Fergie, Phelan, Kidd and Schteve at United. He laid a marker down by bringing on Macdonald and Whitaker last night. The door is open. He must have learnt from Fergie how to bring young players through. Discipline last night was the key and it proves that the players are responding to Wayne. I for one am excited at who he may bring in at Xmas.

Archived