Abu Derby County

tinman

22 hours ago, Boycie said:

Sigh, mate, it was a joke about Chinese whispers, I put the wrong words down, that’s the joke ?

Sorry to be such a bore.

Got your joke and just felt compelled to add one of my own.

Was never meant as a slight on yours.

Very sorry if it has come across the wrong way.

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, WoollyJumper said:

Sorry to be such a bore.

Got your joke and just felt compelled to add one of my own.

Was never meant as a slight on yours.

Very sorry if it has come across the wrong way.

You’re still my favourite down under mate. ?

According to the DET this morning: "A decision on Rooney is unlikely to be made until a £60m takeover of the club is completed by Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan  which is expected to happen in the coming weeks."  What is behind the continued delays, I wonder?...

No wonder people are nervous.  Telling Wazza 24 hours for completion is poor, if there was a scintilla of doubt.  Makes him - and the club - look like fools in the press.?

5 minutes ago, RedSox said:

According to the DET this morning: "A decision on Rooney is unlikely to be made until a £60m takeover of the club is completed by Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan  which is expected to happen in the coming weeks."  What is behind the continued delays, I wonder?...

No wonder people are nervous.  Telling Wazza 24 hours for completion is poor, if there was a scintilla of doubt.  Makes him - and the club - look like fools in the press.?

Weeks!!!!

Does that mean no wads of dirham to spend in January?

8 minutes ago, RedSox said:

What a joke. 

Seeing how long this takeover is taking to complete I'm not sure i even want this organisation running the club. 

Just now, Josh said:

Barry the bullshitter has been tweeting this morning. Says the takeover is done and we are waiting on the EFL appeal before it’s announced. ?

So it’s done.

What if we lose the appeal? Un do it?

Smells like what it is. ?

2 minutes ago, alexxxxx said:

What a joke. 

Seeing how long this takeover is taking to complete I'm not sure i even want this organisation running the club. 

Because you know the delay is down to BZG? 

Perhaps the more logical reason has already been given to us? The major issue regarding Dell and the charges on the club, ground, etc..?

10 minutes ago, RedSox said:

They may be doing what I would do. Making it as sure as possible that they are not buying a club about to be relegated. This may also mean there will be little money for Xmas window signings only window shopping. May be up to Wayne and Schteve to get the points necessary to give confidence that we are staying up. Let us all get behind Wayne. No takeover no manager other than Wayne for foreseeable future.

Just now, kevinhectoring said:

Who told him? Was he just recycling gossip?
More likely a reflection on WR’s media skills than anything else I reckon

Who knows?  I admire your confidence that's it's WR's skills failing and not the the club's press machine; sadly not something I share right now.  I think WR has said more than once he's been told it's imminent / 24hrs away, so I doubt he's recycling shiz.

12 minutes ago, Boycie said:

So it’s done.

What if we lose the appeal? Un do it?

Smells like what it is. ?

Out of Interest, anyone think the appointment of Trevor Birch might work in our favour w.r.t. the EFL appeal, given he's a former DCFC Exec?  Clean slate, etc.  Face saving move perhaps, he typed hopefully!

8 minutes ago, RedSox said:

Out of Interest, anyone think the appointment of Trevor Birch might work in our favour w.r.t. the EFL appeal, given he's a former DCFC Exec?  Clean slate, etc.  Face saving move perhaps, he typed hopefully!

It won't make a difference. We were only guilty of not stating the amortisation policy in the accounts (and being a bit sneaky about it to the EFL). We didn't fail P&S, so no points deduction. Worst case is likely to be a fine, resulting in opposition fans thinking we got a fine for failing P&S instead.

10 minutes ago, RedSox said:

Who knows?  I admire your confidence that's it's WR's skills failing and not the the club's press machine; sadly not something I share right now.  I think WR has said more than once he's been told it's imminent / 24hrs away, so I doubt he's recycling shiz.

The clubs press machine told us in the Nov 6 statement that:

“There will be no further comment from either party until the transaction has completed.”

There is masses of gossip/confusion about the timing, amongst journalists, agents, players, club employees, fans  etc etc.  Fair enough saying ‘who knows’, and I’m not itk.  But there are all sorts of signals telling us what’s happening. So, yes I think it’s likely WR has naively recycled some of the gossip/confusion. And that now the club’s official line to him given the confusion he’s caused is ‘for God’s sake stop commenting on it’.   

The approach taken by RamsTV supports this - they do what the club tells them !

41 minutes ago, Josh said:

Barry the bullshitter has been tweeting this morning. Says the takeover is done and we are waiting on the EFL appeal before it’s announced. ?

That is intriguing. Have they got two deals ready for signing, one which assumes the appeal is lost, one which assumes it is won? 

5 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

The clubs press machine told us in the Nov 6 statement that:

“There will be no further comment from either party until the transaction has completed.”

There is masses of gossip/confusion about the timing, amongst journalists, agents, players, club employees, fans  etc etc.  Fair enough saying ‘who knows’, and I’m not itk.  But there are all sorts of signals telling us what’s happening. So, yes I think it’s likely WR has naively recycled some of the gossip/confusion. And that now the club’s official line to him given the confusion he’s caused is ‘for God’s sake stop commenting on it’.   

The approach taken by RamsTV supports this - they do what the club tells them !

With a username like that, how can I disagree with you for any length of time?  Those of us old enough to remember the King need to stick together.  And, in truth, you are probably right!? 

Archived