Nottingham Forest v Derby County Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of them unfortunate matches were their goal was at the best lucky that it rebounded of Yates and dropped to Taylor 5 yards out. We had a shot that on replay should’ve been given but in real time I can see why it wasn’t. Better performance which has bought Cocu time, however let’s see how we fair against Cardiff and Bournemouth.

1 hour ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I don't think the issue is whether Waghorn is offside or not the law says he has to be interfering with play. That's the contention. 

Yes. An nowadays the definition is loaded with all sorts of spurious nonsense. 
in the past if you were down injured,  or say twenty five yards away etc maybe you were not interfering, otherwise you were. 
here Waghorn is on his feet running across the penalty area, trying to get on the end of something. 
of course he’s active, interfering, or whatever anyone wants to call it.

thats more offside in my opinion that these stupid VAR decisions where you need a slide rule to calculate if someone’s thumb, heel or knob end is now “technically” Offside at the split second that the ball is kicked.  

Good point today, we're on top for the majority. Should have been three with shinnies miss, and theirs was fraught with luck. Joz's goal was 50/50, I get the decision.

If we're being honest, we still need to create more. Their keeper made two decent saves tonight, both from Shinnie. That was pretty much it though - it was a tight game and Forest are not a good side.

I'm not saying we're not on an improving trend cus we are, but we still need to do more in the final third. But let's not gloss today up - for me the first half at Huds was as good.

To clarify, I do think we will be one of the most potent sides in the league come December as players hit their stride and the likes of Bielik and Ibe come in to provide more options. We're not there yet though so let's not get ahead ourselves and start expecting wonders. 

I want to see a full strength squad out there first.

6 hours ago, Andicis said:

I'm not going to change my position and say based off one game I now believe in Cocu and I'm fully behind it, because it'd be a lie. But tonight was much, much better. More performances like that and I'll have nothing to moan about. 

Exactly how i feel

Very good performance, deserved The 3 points but it happens , waggy was much more than just the goal , he battled ,held the ball up and like the other two in that front three covered every blade and defended from the front ,if he stays injury free he can do the job , Kaz looked a poo house battler who can push defenders around so I’m willing to give him a fair crack to see what he brings and yes if we could have agreed terms with Martin we would have had a tasty 3 strikers to see us through but it wasn’t to be ,

can we find a regular supply of scousers with Covid ,buy some watches and keep sending them round Wayne’s house? Tonight’s showing begs the question of does what he brings as a player to the team make up for the unsettling circus that will follow him around until he’s the manager either here or elsewhere, just feel cocu needs to be able to just quietly get on with the job of blending a team from what we have and our talented youngsters and to be honest I do think finally after a good few years of ill fitting jigsaw pieces we have the ingredients to build a decent side capable of challenging for promotion given a couple more shrewd transfer windows

9 hours ago, EulogyForEvolution said:

I have to say, I am one of those who had totally lost faith recently. I couldn't see a way out for us. 

I'm so happy to have been proven wrong. That was a fantastic performance and I actually think it deserved more. 

Excellent performance all round.

Me too, I absolutely couldn’t see us putting in performances like that even with the injured players returning.

We’re not out of the woods yet, the acid test will be if we can maintain or even improve on last night but I have a good feeling about the season for the first time. 

Where do we play Beliek in this side? I would say he has to play in the back 3... I really like the industry of Shinnie and Knight  they both cover more yards than anyone on the pitch and knight has some quality alongside it. 

image.jpeg.d1dfa501bd96e07e782c0c1815cb3d41.jpegJust look at where the referee is! How on earth has he given that, it was totally his call as well as the lineman didn’t put his flag up for about 10 seconds which means the ref must have told him. 
Typical ref with an itch to make the game all about them, try and pull a great call as he hasn’t given any big decisions all game, backfiring as he’s just trying to find something out of nothing. 
The sad part is, had he not made that decision he was probably the best ref we’ve had in this fixture for years. Ruined in a moment of madness. 

4 minutes ago, DCFC27 said:

Where do we play Beliek in this side? I would say he has to play in the back 3... I really like the industry of Shinnie and Knight  they both cover more yards than anyone on the pitch and knight has some quality alongside it. 

The defensive midfielder has been our virus in that it stops us getting forward more often and if we play 3 at the back then surely we don’t need one whilst the industry of knight and Shinnie cover the ground in front of them. And yes with Marshall actually playing the ball sensibly by getting it away from our penalty area and to our forward players it removes a lot of the sideways sideways backwards stuff.

9 minutes ago, DCFC27 said:

I think we will change formation when he is back and go back to a 4-4-3.i think we actually looked better in the last 15 when we went to 4 at the back.

2 minutes ago, Ramslaar said:

I think we will change formation when he is back and go back to a 4-4-3.i think we actually looked better in the last 15 when we went to 4 at the back.

We will go 433 with the idea that he can easily drop back into the middle of a back 3 when needed. Bielik being fit is incredibly versatile for us.

Also hope this shows that we’re a better team without Rooney in it. 

6 hours ago, Ramos said:

71475470-7BA2-4D6B-9F38-FCDF2438E502.jpeg

Great shot...In my mind he is more inteferring with play than waghorn...yes i know people say waghorn 'may' have affected the keepers sight, but you dont get that close to the keeper and not be inteferring...

Chances are marshall wouldnt have saved it anyway, but same said for samba...

32 minutes ago, DCFC27 said:

image.jpeg.d1dfa501bd96e07e782c0c1815cb3d41.jpegJust look at where the referee is! How on earth has he given that, it was totally his call as well as the lineman didn’t put his flag up for about 10 seconds which means the ref must have told him. 
Typical ref with an itch to make the game all about them, try and pull a great call as he hasn’t given any big decisions all game, backfiring as he’s just trying to find something out of nothing. 
The sad part is, had he not made that decision he was probably the best ref we’ve had in this fixture for years. Ruined in a moment of madness. 

You got that from a still with players moving . You’re wrong here.

The referee is unsighted on Waggy, he is relying on his linesman’s call there, that’s why they are there as well. I can see why the lino gave it because Waggy jumped.... I can see the thought process even though it was ultimately wrong.

They all got a lot right tonight. Take McCarthy reaction to Lawerence going over early on. He went pen straight away. It wasn’t and he should have been in the book.

Officials make mistakes, accept it as much as when players make mistakes. They are not corrupt, 99% of the time they have competent at the job they do.

The way some go think they try to ruin a football game. They don’t, come down the Racecourse with me on a Sunday and see some of what the younger refs have to put up with. Seen some shocking treatment them already this season down there with them being in tears on occasions, because of abuse from coaches, parents and actual players giving them grief - where do you think they get it from?

Archived