Nottingham Forest v Derby County Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Bring them on. Nothing to fear. 

No one is saying be fearful. Just that we have 4 points so far and now we are going to face two of the better teams in the league. Just going to be a lot of ground to catch up with to be competitive this season if we can’t find away to get any points here

5 minutes ago, falconram said:

Better performance, shows what we are able to do with a fit group of players, only ibe and Belief to go.

Were are all the Cocu out folks tonight

*Where*

I don't think there are many cocu out fans out there just plenty of hoping for much better performances,less losses,more goals and for us to get us out of the relegation zone and start climbing the table.

Tonight was a start,the first half was much improved and we all enjoyed that.

I thought our 2nd goal was correctly disallowed at the time. Perhaps it shouldn't have been, but fairly tight margins.

I'm saying this as I thought the ref was excellent tonight and seemed to get every decision pretty much spot on. Probably a bit easier to ref that game with no fans.

1 minute ago, ariotofmyown said:

I thought our 2nd goal was correctly disallowed at the time. Perhaps it shouldn't have been, but fairly tight margins.

I'm saying this as I thought the ref was excellent tonight and seemed to get every decision pretty much spot on. Probably a bit easier to ref that game with no fans.

I thought our disallowed goal could have gone either way. If we had VAR it wouldn't have overturned the decision whether he'd have allowed it or not.

The decision I thought he got wrong was not spotting the foul on Davies for their goal.

He did also get in Knights way when he may have got a shot in in the first half.

11 minutes ago, falconram said:

Better performance, shows what we are able to do with a fit group of players, only ibe and Beliek to go.

Were are all the Cocu out folks tonight

Still here I imagine. Some of them have actually posted positive comments about the performance tonight if you can be bothered to look 

1 minute ago, sage said:

I thought our disallowed goal could have gone either way. If we had VAR it wouldn't have overturned the decision whether he'd have allowed it or not.

The decision I thought he got wrong was not spotting the foul on Davies for their goal.

He did also get in Knights way when he may have got a shot in in the first half.

I thought the Davies one was 50/50 too. Didn't see the Knight replay but was probably refs fault.

I just thought he kept in making the right decision each time, which they often don't. The big calls were marginal and VAR wouldn't have helped much either.

12 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

*Where*

I don't think there are many cocu out fans out there just plenty of hoping for much better performances,less losses,more goals and for us to get us out of the relegation zone and start climbing the table.

Tonight was a start,the first half was much improved and we all enjoyed that.

I'd agree with that.

Everyone gets mad and upset when the team plays bad a loses, do it a few times and some will just go "it's not working, sack the manager" every season in a rough patch you get folks saying "i've been watching Derby since the dawn of time and that was the worst ever" - a lot of it is just venting and emotion.

But it has been a really bad start to the season, the first few games being genuinly awful. But the glimmers of being "just about ok" were there tonight and the effort was there.

1 minute ago, desirelines said:

I’m sure it’s been discussed to death tonight like, but Jozwiak’s shot was unstoppable. Waghorn had no affect on the reaction or potential for the keeper to save that. Couldn’t be more bottom corner. Robbed. 

Robbed.  Can’t be arsed to think  synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words to elaborate on this as yes we were completely ducking ROBBED!!!!!

7 minutes ago, desirelines said:

I’m sure it’s been discussed to death tonight like, but Jozwiak’s shot was unstoppable. Waghorn had no affect on the reaction or potential for the keeper to save that. Couldn’t be more bottom corner. Robbed. 

If that was the play off final and forest scored the goal to beat us, we’d be screaming offside. 
Like an earlier poster said, forget all this tv freeze frame, line of sight, active, inactive bow locks- that’s well offside. 
Never mind. 

17 minutes ago, RamNut said:

If that was the play off final and forest scored the goal to beat us, we’d be screaming offside. 
Like an earlier poster said, forget all this tv freeze frame, line of sight, active, inactive bow locks- that’s well offside. 
Never mind. 

I don't think the issue is whether Waghorn is offside or not the law says he has to be interfering with play. That's the contention. 

36 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Baffled by the notion that Pukki falling over or Forest failing to capitalise on their superiority is in any way comparable to poor officiating resulting in 4 points going awry. 

We created the most clear cut chance of the game - Byrne sending Shinnie clear - and if we take that, we more than likely go home with all 3 points and Jozwiak’s goal that was but wasn’t is a non-factor.

We’re not the first team to have officiating decisions go against us and we won’t be the last.

At the end of the day, I’d be disappointed if the boys were in the dressing room saying ‘The officials cost us three points’ because that gets us nowhere.

We got 1 point. It should have been 3. It’s just another lesson for us to learn. 

We have to push ourselves and raise the bar. The performance tonight was heartening, but instead of blaming the officials, we need to go out and create more chances and score more goals and put games beyond doubt.

We have dropped 17 points out of 21. Sort the wider issues out and bad officiating doesn’t even register on the annoyance scale.

Archived