Sack cocu

dantheram

I'm afraid he's lost me too. 

3 - box - 3 was working, the change tonight was unnecessary and never looked like achieving a win.

Desperately poor opposition, yet we managed to undercut even such a low standard, and succumbed to such poor opponents.

I so wanted it to work, Cocu, Chris and Twan have worked so hard against a seemingly never ending headwind, but it's just not happening.

It was all in his hands, but he's dropped a regulation catch and now looks rather foolish.

Should have stuck with the young guns, at least that way he'd have an excuse.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Chris_Martin said:

Cocu saying in his interview how we have really missed the crowd. Well he'll be glad the crowds not there because they would calling for his head all game, every game!

We have sacked better managers for far less than this before. 

I don't think we would be this low with our crowd behind us. But agree, we have sacked many managers for less than this. 

My stream tonight, the commentators repeatedly spoke about Cocu and being under pressure, bad home record, lack of goals etc.

I was telling myself all the time we are slowly improving, we've not got a full squad to pick from and at least 4 of tonights team weren't fully fit, takeover talk can upset the team, rumours of managerial chsnges likewise, and actually we're heading toward 4 matches unbeaten, 3 of which were games you would look at preseason and say a point in each isn't a bad result.

But, there comes a time where you have to look at the big picture and our dreary play, failure to address squad weaknesses in summer, lack of goals scored, the inevitable conceding of at least one goal after the hour mark every game, and terrible league position, is unacceptable. 

Barnsley, with an international break straight after, looks to be crucial to Cocu's future. Abject failure, and he must be on shaky ground. Maybe the impending takeover is the only thing extending his tenure.loop

This hurts.

Cocu has dealt with all the ******** the club, the players have thrown at him with absolute class.

I’ve been Cocu in until tonight, and it actually upsets me.

I’ve never wanted a manager to succeed as much as him, it’s the least he has deserved.

Ultimately, he’s done a great job at bringing through academy players, if only results replicated that.

If he does go, which I am sure he will, I wish him nothing but the best and I hope that whichever team he goes to next he will bring them success.

2 hours ago, Bubbles said:

This hurts.

Cocu has dealt with all the ******** the club, the players have thrown at him with absolute class.

I’ve never wanted a manager to succeed as much as him, it’s the least he has deserved.

Ultimately, he’s done a great job at bringing through academy players, if only results replicated that.

If he does go, which I am sure he will, I wish him nothing but the best and I hope that whichever team he goes to next he will bring them success.

I've been Cocu out since mid last season to be honest,  but I agree with every other word you have said.

8 hours ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Why give him another game though? Even if he won it what will it achieve?

I've been calling for him to go because things aren't improving game by game. I can't see an end to it. People say we'll get there etc. But we won't. 

I wouldn't even let him leave Pride Park tonight before sacking him. Enough is enough.

Give it to someone in the backroom staff for Saturday. Rosenior, Wassall, Lyons anyone..

Then we've got an international break. Takeover finalised and a new manager in place.

Because this is the first time I agree he is getting it seriously wrong. 

I haven't ever been a huge fan of his style of football and since the Norwich game I have had massive misgivings that 'negativity' was seen to have worked. 

But, he has had an awful lot to deal with, the transfer dealings have largely been good, I like him as a person and the idea of him bringing stability, he has brought through lots of academy players and has the profile to attract bigger names, and since Norwich we have shown flashes of improvement and players were coming back.

Last night was horrible though...a screeching handbrake followed by a car crash of a performance. Slow, ponderous, lots of strange decisions, poor substitutions, and most worryingly players seemingly going through the motions. 

So, I would accept he is seriously on the edge. But generally I wouldn't sack someone and totally start again unless I was 100% sure. If I spoke to him, the players and staff and felt his vague, shell-shocked press conference was still a reflection of how everyone felt today then I would seriously press him to think if he could see Sat being any different. 

There is a take over in the off-ing, so I would also see how they felt - maybe they would welcome a clean slate or maybe I just need to try and keep things steady for a week or two. There is only one game left so maybe I would let him have it to try and prove everyone wrong and see what characters we have in the dressing room. 

If Wassall takes over temporarily and does 'ok' (let's face it, it won't take much for results to be an improvement) then people will start to want him to take over permanently, which would be a huge mistake for me. 

Just demanding 'sack him' is slightly childish to my mind. Its not a Football Manager game, it takes clear reasoning and so whilst I won't be surprised or disgusted, I would just as much welcome a few days of reflection and then see what happens during the international break. 

It felt strange last night.

Cocu had that wild eyed look about him from the start and looked angry with his players even in the first half.

I thought Byrne was poor again last night after a really impressive start to his career with us, and both Shinnie and Knight were not playing with the same efficiency. Upfront we looked really disjointed.

In the previous three games we played like a unit, even if a little toothless in attack. It looked like something had happened before the game because that wasn’t us at all.

It can’t help having a news story about the club virtually every week.

I can see the merit in thinking we should give Cocu one more game and see if there is a reaction after last night.

But I think considering that we are playing Barnsley - a direct rival where relegation is concerned - it is too generous a stance.

The sad truth is that Cocu and the players had the stuffing knocked out of them losing to Cardiff in that crunch game in July and have never looked like recovering.

Of course we have tried to find hope, but we have been repeatedly let down.

After pre-season, we thought ‘Barrow up next, here we go!’ and nothing changed. After Reading at home, we thought ‘Luton up next, here we go!’ and nothing changed. After Luton away, we thought ‘Blackburn at home, now’s the time!’ and nothing changed.

It’s been the same cycle week after week looking for a turning point that simply hasn’t materialised.

I mean, yes, Cocu could stay and yes, we could even beat Barnsley under his watch. But what about the next game? And the game after that? And the 7-8 games after that?

Would you be feeling confident going into games like Bristol City away and Boro away with the way we look?

I know I wouldn’t be.

When fans start looking at the fixtures, and they are struggling to sense a win, it’s a long way to come back from that if you’re trying to restore faith and confidence.

I’ve always been Cocu and but I’m starting to have a wobble - not to the extent of he must go but there’s a bit of doubt creeping in and that makes me feel quite sad.  I don’t think you get anything by changing managers regularly and the last few seasons have shown that.  I’m also really hoping he gets the massive change in luck he needs and deserves.

One thing that worried me is after the game he talked about the difference a full crowd makes and that’s why we cant get a home win.  Unfortunately we’re going to be in this situation for a while and a full house is unlikely this season.  That’s where leadership comes in both on and off the pitch.  It’s made me wonder if he has it in him to turn things round in this situation?  I really hope it’s yes!!

Never a fan of changing the manager but we are pretty much full strength now.

After some promising signs last night was poor.

I know its to soon really for must win games but I do think Saturday is a must win for cocu.

3 hours ago, wixman1884 said:

I've been Cocu out since mid last season to be honest,  but I agree with every other word you have said.

Can't believe you think he's done a job,  results & performances don't lie tell me one match when we looked a proper team ? 

I have been waiting for decent forward options in terms of players available to make things happen BUT we still seem to be so toothless upfront. What is it, two goals from open play? I hate saying it but its just not working for Phillip and we are now coming up for 25% through the season. The club appears to be in a very difficult place.

If the rumours of a takeover are true then the sooner the better as I don't think Mel will want to alter the management during this interim period. If they are not true it depends on if Mel wants to fork out another few million for nothing or ride out the season come what may. 

Lets not kid ourselves Cocu as not a clue how to organise a side in the Championship we would be rock bottom if not for Weds points deduction,Pearson had gone by now with better results 

I think the only reason Mel as not pulled the trigger is because of the potential takeover and it will be the new owners to pay Cocu his contract up (Not as he deserves it) The amount of money they are likely to be putting in would suggest they will look at new management  

1 hour ago, Chester40 said:

Because this is the first time I agree he is getting it seriously wrong. 

I haven't ever been a huge fan of his style of football and since the Norwich game I have had massive misgivings that 'negativity' was seen to have worked. 

But, he has had an awful lot to deal with, the transfer dealings have largely been good, I like him as a person and the idea of him bringing stability, he has brought through lots of academy players and has the profile to attract bigger names, and since Norwich we have shown flashes of improvement and players were coming back.

Last night was horrible though...a screeching handbrake followed by a car crash of a performance. Slow, ponderous, lots of strange decisions, poor substitutions, and most worryingly players seemingly going through the motions. 

So, I would accept he is seriously on the edge. But generally I wouldn't sack someone and totally start again unless I was 100% sure. If I spoke to him, the players and staff and felt his vague, shell-shocked press conference was still a reflection of how everyone felt today then I would seriously press him to think if he could see Sat being any different. 

There is a take over in the off-ing, so I would also see how they felt - maybe they would welcome a clean slate or maybe I just need to try and keep things steady for a week or two. There is only one game left so maybe I would let him have it to try and prove everyone wrong and see what characters we have in the dressing room. 

If Wassall takes over temporarily and does 'ok' (let's face it, it won't take much for results to be an improvement) then people will start to want him to take over permanently, which would be a huge mistake for me. 

Just demanding 'sack him' is slightly childish to my mind. Its not a Football Manager game, it takes clear reasoning and so whilst I won't be surprised or disgusted, I would just as much welcome a few days of reflection and then see what happens during the international break. 

Surely that is your opinion only unless you are a manager with vast experience.

Most people were banging on last night that Sibley should be brought on,,,,,,,,he was. What was wrong with Holmes?

To be honest none of our front line were exactly firing so why not Colin?????

Who would you have brought on and why?

13 minutes ago, ramboy63 said:

Lets not kid ourselves Cocu as not a clue how to organise a side in the Championship we would be rock bottom if not for Weds points deduction,Pearson had gone by now with better results 

I think the only reason Mel as not pulled the trigger is because of the potential takeover and it will be the new owners to pay Cocu his contract up (Not as he deserves it) The amount of money they are likely to be putting in would suggest they will look at new management  

You won't get much for thrupence hapeny. 

6 hours ago, Bubbles said:

This hurts.

The irony of bringing through youngsters but on one of his last games he has 30 plus Marshall, Davies, Forsyth, and Kazim-Richards Richards.

We really have gone backwards under him.

2 minutes ago, GrimsbyRam said:

The irony of bringing through youngsters but on one of his last games he has 30 plus Marshall, Davies, Forsyth, and Kazim-Richards Richards.

We really have gone backwards under him.

Fairs fair if it hadn't been for Marshall the defeat would have been larger. Much rather have him in than Roos.

Forsyths crossing if you can call it that was woeful. CKR wasn't on that long to be able to influence anything. Davies along with the rest of his teammates was meh.

Archived