Huddersfield v Derby County Tuesday 20th October

sage

I’ve defended Cocu constantly since he arrived but that’s it for me! 56 years following the club and this is on a par with how I felt when Tommy Docherty was manager. The players body language spoke volumes tonight. It’ll be an expensive sacking but the Club under this stewardship is relegation bound.

Abc Goodbye GIF by The Bachelor

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hate to say it, always backed Cocu, but if we lose Friday he has to go I’m afraid, first half I thought was better, but we are not putting enough pressure on teams and not creating enough chances.Trouble is who would you take to replace Cocu?

The thing is, teams get into a losing mentality after a while and expect to get beaten before they set foot on the pitch, if we’re not there yet we soon will be and I fear Cocu doesn’t possess the character to drag us out of such a mindset. We’ve seen tonight how Bird is totally lacking in confidence from the player he was last season let’s hope it doesn’t have some lasting damage on him. 

That second half was truly dreadful. 

Felt sorry for Jozwiak. 

At least when Lawrence was on he had someone to play football with. 

Holmes has no place in the squad on current form. 

Bird without Rooney is ineffective. 

Jozwiak, Lawrence and Waghorn Friday with Knight, Shinnie and probably Bird behind them. 

Ditch the back five. Its not as if the five look comfortable. They are every bit as fragile as a four. 

2 minutes ago, Brummie Steve said:

Can't wait for Friday @ 10pm!

Greater Manchester so we close pubs Thursday Tier 3 so I’ll have to get bladdered before the game at home, it’s gonna be the only way I can face watching. 

1 minute ago, Mostyn6 said:

We’ve dropped 15pts already. 

The EFL will be happy then. Can somebody let them know so that they can tell the officials we've been punished enough?

I don't care what anybody else says, If Knight is allowed to go on and score, we win that game.

Ran out of energy. A bit like me. I nodded off for some of it.

frustrated with max bird. Blazing over in the first and hitting some poor dead balls. 

it is such a tough division. Every team is competitive and at the moment they have a bit more than us.

how Jason knight keeps it up is beyond me. He is carrying one or two others. 

3 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

I like to think I've been one of Cocu's biggest supporters on this forum since his appointment. But even I am struggling with it now. There were a few things worrying my at the back-end of last season...and the start to this season has been woeful.

Really does not look good at all, Dan. 

Yes, it definitely does not look good Newtfly.

Based on what I have seen, the main flaw tonight was not to start with an out and out striker. We effectively had no one to hold onto the ball an bring others into play. I feel that JHI should have started (even though he is our only option). At least he brings some form of focal point. Knight should have been In Shinnie's place.

It is all looking rather difficult, and I think time is running out for Cocu.

Anyway thanks for the reply ?

a better performance again, especially given the circumstances with having to make a late change to the game plan. 

I don't get the Bird bashing tonight. He played well bar the set pieces, much more progressive with his passing.

We'll play worse than that and win. 

Archived