Colin Kazim-Richards - Signed on a One Year Deal

Heisenberg

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

Yep but we obviously hard up, tried Zahore and he was way too expensive. Tried for Dursun and couldn't afford the fee.

We could afford the fee, but obviously wanted to stick to the value we thought he is/was worth. Also Zahore is too expensive for what he would add to the team. I think CKR will prove to be much better value than either Zahore or Austin.

19 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

They ain't listening.

To that or the idea that we have no money. ?‍♂️

I just posted in Cocu thread on the latter though. I think Mel needs to level with us on the situation. It’s nonsensical offloading Marriott and not replacing him unless we really are in the poo. Don’t let management come out with comments like we’re aiming for top 6 when are transfer business suggests otherwise. 

We get the long term plan but we want to see some improvement. I’m now not sure we will see vast improvements if any this season, don’t think we will be in a relegation battle because in reality we’ve only lost Martin and strengthened in most other areas

1 minute ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

I just posted in Cocu thread on the latter though. I think Mel needs to level with us on the situation. It’s nonsensical offloading Marriott and not replacing him unless we really are in the poo. Don’t let management come out with comments like we’re aiming for top 6 when are transfer business suggests otherwise. 

We get the long term plan but we want to see some improvement. I’m now not sure we will see vast improvements if any this season, don’t think we will be in a relegation battle because in reality we’ve only lost Martin and strengthened in most other areas

Lampard didn’t play him Cocu didn’t play him which covers it nicely we have saved money by Marriott moving on whilst we retain the ability to get some money back on him 

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

Lampard didn’t play him Cocu didn’t play him which covers it nicely we have saved money by Marriott moving on whilst we retain the ability to get some money back on him 

But at least replace him with a No 9 who will make a difference, not Colin Kazim-Richards. 

Then I would get the logic of offloading Marriott. Otherwise keep him as he’s different to what we have, I personally think he has a lot to offer when fit. 

Im hoping this is all pointing to Rooney and Waghorn competing for the number 9 spot as I think they will do a decent enough job with the right support. 

The midfield and wide areas are the most important to get firing because with Martin Marriott Rooney Waghorn whoever is up there, without service they offer nothing. 

2 hours ago, tomsdubs said:

Yep but we obviously hard up, Tried for Dursun and couldn't afford the fee.

By all accounts, Darmstadt refused to let him leave until they sourced a replacement... which they didn't do. Not seen anyone say it was just the fee that was the stumbling block

13 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

But at least replace him with a No 9 who will make a difference, not Colin Kazim-Richards. 

I think that I will reserve judgement until I've actually seen him play....just sayin'!

Well selling Jack and signing no one else is pushing me into near bed-wetting levels.. 

Bizaare. Say at the start of the transfer window we need to strengthen our forward line. Rooney is aging, Waghorn isn't fit and we let our two main strikers go and bring in CKR and a young lad with no track record. Both with questionable attitudes. 

No one would have been happy with that at the outset..no one. 

His signing looks worse by the minute. 

I am behind Cocu but if he goes at some point soon then today will be mentioned ad nauseum. 

3 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

As several have mentioned several times, Dursun didn’t sign because Darmstadt didn’t have a replacement. 

A club not allowing their player to leave until they had a replacement signed and sealed??? what insanity is this!! Surely they should’ve sold him to us a left it to the last minute to get a replacement ??‍♂️??‍♂️. That’s how it’s done isn’t it ???‍♂️???

Archived