Charlie Austin - joined QPR on loan

DCFC1388

4 minutes ago, BucksRam said:

Let's face it if he doesn't want to come here I don't want him here.  The way things are going at Brom he's going to be warming the bench for a lot of money.  Actually probably warming his sofa.  In his twilight years so clearly a big salary is more important to him than playing or he'd jump at the chance.  No different to Hart. I want to play...err....no you don't, you want to make as much money as you can.   Get rid, move on. Next topic please....

Ps: Bet he joins at 2259 Friday ?

That’ll be about 4 hours too late

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Steve Nicholson has uttered the dreaded line.

"Derby won't bring someone in for the sake of it"

I've heard that before. 

Not signing a striker would make all the good work we've done in this transfer window redundant. 

We've been crying out for 2 decent wingers for years. 

We finally sign them. And nothing would be more Derby than to not sign a centre forward to benefit from it.

24 minutes ago, S8TY said:

Barry Walsh saying strap yourselves in Rams fans going to be busy transfer deadline day unusually for us! 

He really doesn't know anything. He sees a story. Puts his own spin on it.

Story about WBA signing a striker

"I expect Derby to sign Austin"

Story comes out that Austin wants to stay at WBA.

"WBA are considering giving Austin another chance"

Article comes out that Leeds want Sibley.

Barry says "Leeds have enquired about Sibley"

Even their owner have said they haven't and Steve N has confirmed the same..

Story comes out that Harry Wilson may have to drop to the Championship.

"Derby interested" according to Barry.

"A few outgoings at DCFC today" nobody has left.

He sees stories and goes with it. 

The stories that have come out on Austin have changed so many times. Everytime Barry will change his story on Austin.

9 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I've heard that before. 

Not signing a striker would make all the good work we've done in this transfer window redundant. 

We finally sign them. And nothing would be more Derby than to not sign a centre forward to benefit from it.

Do you think part of the problem is that agents and other clubs know it too? Hardly the recipe for a fair valuation.

35 minutes ago, S8TY said:

Barry Walsh saying strap yourselves in Rams fans going to be busy transfer deadline day unusually for us! 

I was suckered in by Barry myself, he earnt a following by getting the hearing decision right, he also got the Duncan deal right, although its debatable whether he was first or not.

Since then his ITk news has been absolute rammall, according to him we should have signed at least 2 strikers and 1 defender by now, not to mention Mel had sold the club.

Barry is a little child parading as someone who is ITK, there are rumours that Barry The Ram wears a SDSR wrist watch.

18 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I've heard that before. 

Having also released one in the same window ?

8 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I was suckered in by Barry myself, he earnt a following by getting the hearing decision right, he also got the Duncan deal right, although its debatable whether he was first or not.

Since then his ITk news has been absolute rammall, according to him we should have signed at least 2 strikers and 1 defender by now, not to mention Mel had sold the club.

Barry is a little child parading as someone who is ITK, there are rumours that Barry The Ram wears a SDSR wrist watch.

SDSR ....now you're talking ITK.

God knows why he’s turned us down - is he really so deluded that he thinks he will get games for West Brom in the Prem? The bloke wasn’t even good enough for them in the Championship! I know Robson-Kanu is injured, but they’ll just sign a new striker - it won’t change Austin’s position in the squad.

I am getting more than a bit worried now though. I never wanted Austin, but we desperately need a striker in before the deadline. It’s been one of the biggest priorities all summer, ever since Martin left, so quite how we’ve ended up without one with only a few days of the window left is massively concerning. It seems like Austin was our current main target, so I can only hope we’ve got some other names lined up. We don’t want another disastrous end to a transfer window like last Summer - heads need to roll if we end up with no one despite Cocu asking for a striker almost since January.

2 hours ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I've heard that before. 

I'm not a big fan, but if we got Wilson in, with Ibe & Jos, then even Waghorn could let them bounce in off his arse and score a few for us! ?

2 hours ago, S8TY said:

It's usually the day after transfer deadline day that's busy.

Q: What about player A?

A: We were never in for him.

Q: What about player B?

Q: What about player C?

Q: What about player X?

Q: What about player Y?

Q: What about player Z?

etc

47 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

God knows why he’s turned us down - is he really so deluded that he thinks he will get games for West Brom in the Prem? The bloke wasn’t even good enough for them in the Championship! I know Robson-Kanu is injured, but they’ll just sign a new striker - it won’t change Austin’s position in the squad.

I am getting more than a bit worried now though. I never wanted Austin, but we desperately need a striker in before the deadline. It’s been one of the biggest priorities all summer, ever since Martin left, so quite how we’ve ended up without one with only a few days of the window left is massively concerning. It seems like Austin was our current main target, so I can only hope we’ve got some other names lined up. We don’t want another disastrous end to a transfer window like last Summer - heads need to roll if we end up with no one despite Cocu asking for a striker almost since January.

Austin was never the main target

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

10 goals and 2 assists in 1513 minutes.

That's a goal contribution in every 1,4 games and that's close to 33 if counted as whole season. I'd gladly take someone who'd get even close to such ratios.

Maybe not good enough for them but would be bigger upgrade for us than Marshall replacing Hamer.

It's was o so predictable we'd be in this situation at this stage after having months to buy a striker we always were going to leave it until after the Watford game Friday night to see if there is any cast offs we can get on the cheap, personally can't see us signing anyone and if we do it will be some 18 or 19year old on loan who has only played under 23s football. 

1 minute ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

It's was o so predictable we'd be in this situation at this stage after having months to buy a striker we always were going to leave it until after the Watford game Friday night to see if their is any cast offs we can get on the cheap, personally can't see us signing anyone and if we do it will be some 18 or 19year old on loan who has only played under 23s football. 

Jeez mate, calm down and get a sense of proportion, if "99" was the year you were born, you should be growing out of this by now.

2 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

Jeez mate, calm down and get a sense of proportion, if "99" was the year you were born, you should be growing out of this by now.

Yes I'm 21. I'm not worked up about it at all, more in a jokey gallows humour tone than me being distressed by it all. It is typical and very predictable from Derby though. That's the problem with text speach over verbal communication, things can come across like your very angry or distressed about something when really it's just negative humour /trying to make a mockery of the situation. I'd be happy if we sign him but can't see it really so won't be disappointed. 

Archived