Charlie Austin - joined QPR on loan

DCFC1388

1 hour ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

It's was o so predictable we'd be in this situation at this stage after having months to buy a striker we always were going to leave it until after the Watford game Friday night to see if there is any cast offs we can get on the cheap, personally can't see us signing anyone and if we do it will be some 18 or 19year old on loan who has only played under 23s football. 

Hope not!, the transfer window closes at 5pm on Friday, nearly three hours before kick off.

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Time for one or more of Marriott, Waghorn, Duncan, Trialist to really step up

There must be a 20 goal per season team player in there somewhere

With the service that could be provided by Ibe/Lawrence/Joswiack/Rooney and either or both Sibley/Wilson

I bet those four are licking their lips hoping we do not sign a striker

I would love it if Waghorn could get 20 and the other 3 add 10 each plus about 30 from the above mentioned midfielders/wingers

4 minutes ago, Dethorn said:

Time for one or more of Marriott, Waghorn, Duncan, Trialist to really step up

There must be a 20 goal per season team player in there somewhere

With the service that could be provided by Ibe/Lawrence/Joswiack/Rooney and either or both Sibley/Wilson

I bet those four are licking their lips hoping we do not sign a striker

I would love it if Waghorn could get 20 and the other 3 add 10 each plus about 30 from the above mentioned midfielders/wingers

I don't think any of our current forwards are 20 a season prospects. 

Waghorn is a worker who will contribute but isn't a natural goalscorer as can be evidenced by his 1 v 1 efforts. 

Marriott does have more of that instinct but can't stay fit. 

Lawrence is a good inside forward who will score the odd cracker. 

Duncan has yet to prove himself in the U23s let alone the first team, but the talent is there. 

I can't see any of the names mentioned so far in transfer gossip hitting 20 goals for us and part of me is hoping the window ends without us bringing in mediocrity on high wages. 

1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

I don't think any of our current forwards are 20 a season prospects. 

Waghorn is a worker who will contribute but isn't a natural goalscorer as can be evidenced by his 1 v 1 efforts. 

Marriott does have more of that instinct but can't stay fit. 

Lawrence is a good inside forward who will score the odd cracker. 

Duncan has yet to prove himself in the U23s let alone the first team, but the talent is there. 

I can't see any of the names mentioned so far in transfer gossip hitting 20 goals for us and part of me is hoping the window ends without us bringing in mediocrity on high wages. 

Austin not coming. Close thread. WBA took risks on players but made it to the Prem and got their money back. Staying up is their aim and shifting a few players on high wages out.lots if players cannot get into teams but still get wages too high for Championship teams to pay. If they were promoted it is ok but not ideal. Speculate to accumulate. Situation will change so.ewhat if parachute payments stop Some clubs will hit the ground running, others will just hit the ground. Bournemouth are offloading good players who do not want to play in our league. We have lost two finals by one goal. Who knows where we would be now if we had been promoted.

23 hours ago, BucksRam said:

Let's face it if he doesn't want to come here I don't want him here.  The way things are going at Brom he's going to be warming the bench for a lot of money.  Actually probably warming his sofa.  In his twilight years so clearly a big salary is more important to him than playing or he'd jump at the chance.  No different to Hart. I want to play...err....no you don't, you want to make as much money as you can.   Get rid, move on. Next topic please....

Ps: Bet he joins at 2259 Friday ?

If he doesn't want to come here then it's a moot point surely whether you would want him at the club or not so a pointless and meaningless statement 

9 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

If he doesn't want to come here then it's a moot point surely whether you would want him at the club or not so a pointless and meaningless statement 

Apologies for trying to contribute with apparent pointless and meaningless statements.  The point I was trying to make was that if he's the type of player who puts money before a real desire to play then he can do one as it's not the type of player I'd want here, even if he doesn't want to come.   Ho hum 

27 minutes ago, BucksRam said:

Apologies for trying to contribute with apparent pointless and meaningless statements.  The point I was trying to make was that if he's the type of player who puts money before a real desire to play then he can do one as it's not the type of player I'd want here, even if he doesn't want to come.   Ho hum.

He's already made this decision for us though. So it's a moot point whether we would want him or not. It's like being rejected by a girl after trying to make advances with her and then saying well I never liked her in the first place.

Someone at Derby must have considered him to be a viable option but he's said he doesn't want to come so anything outside of this fact doesn't have any bearing. 

1 hour ago, DCFC1388 said:

Off to the MLS in jan

Good luck to him, if he doesn’t want to come here then move on people. 
We only want people prepared to fight for the shirt and the cause.

If CA can’t be arsed with the fight of the championship again and would prefer the easier move both physically and financially to the MLS, who can blame him. 

Archived