Charlie Austin - joined QPR on loan

DCFC1388

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Coconut said:

The biggest mistake was the massive, massive contact given to him whilst on loan at Fulham.. so can we add McClaren to the blame list even if Mel was ultimately responsible?

50/50 whether that counts as us treating him well or whether sending him out on loan so often was treating him poorly.

Not sure that was the mistake...the mistake was then taking on rowett who thus sent him out on loan.

So Mel again I suppose,but if I can blame rowett for anything and everything,I'm happy with that,the useless ******.

I love all these "experts" in meltdown ......

We should have Done this , we should have done that , why didn't we do this , why didn't we do that.  Get over your selves.  The world of football transfers is a complicated conundrum I suspect. Nothing is simple , Player X has an agent with his fingers in the pie, Club z needs a replacement before they will release their man , Player G breaks a leg /arm meaning Player H is now needed for cover. Go back to playing FIFA and grow up. If YOU were that good you'd be Manager of Barcelona or Juve . 

1 minute ago, Wignall12 said:

We should have Done this , we should have done that , why didn't we do this , why didn't we do that.  Get over your selves.  The world of football transfers is a complicated conundrum I suspect. Nothing is simple , Player X has an agent with his fingers in the pie, Club z needs a replacement before they will release their man , Player G breaks a leg /arm meaning Player H is now needed for cover. Go back to playing FIFA and grow up. If YOU were that good you'd be Manager of Barcelona or Juve . 

Good use of the alphabet. 

11 hours ago, Ambitious said:

The only alternatives that I could really find, assuming availability would be: 
Folarin Balogun from Arsenal
Keinan Davis from Villa
Connor Wickham from Palace
Ellis Simms from Everton (albeit maybe not now after Kean left the club)
Liam Delap from Man City

We do have Waghorn to return, along with England U20 striker Bobby Duncan. We have Stretton and Hector-Ingram in the youth team and not to mention Marriott and Rooney. Ibe and Lawrence could even play upfront if needed. 

If we don't sign Austin then I would suggest perhaps just sitting this window out and go again for January. It may be better for us considering there doesn't seem to be a great choice from within our own country. 

We need a hold up striker 

30 minutes ago, Wignall12 said:

Well said, I think Tomori rejected a loan move to West Ham at 10:50 last night after everything had been agreed between clubs. Anything can happen 

Martin has been my favourite player for years but sad/shortsighted as it is he has gone and it doesnt really help our position now for us to dig over who's fault that is, if anyone's, as sometimes things just arent meant to be and unluckily it is coupled with injuries and Marriott trying to get form back. If we had known we may have offered a better contract if that was the issue at all, but hindsight is a wonderful thing. Would rather give Billy, Whittaker (who seems more used to the first team every match), JHI etc a real chance with Marriott and Waghorn especially when supported by experienced wingers than sign someone for the sake of it for silly money who doesnt seem that keen to be here (not thinking of Austin particularly). If they are good enough they are old enough - as shown by Wayne Rooney and Michael Owen at the start of their careers in the top flight. 

As this has become a thread about lots of other strikers beyond Austin, I'll throw Slimani into the equation.

It's gone midnight meaning the Portuguese window has just shut, and it seems he's not returned to Sporting (unless it's yet to be announced, but that seems unlikely).

Derby tried to sign him in 2014.

Cocu did sign him for Fenerbahce.

He's not in the Leicester 25.

He's local to us.

He can't go to any other Prem team or overseas team, so if he wants games the Championship is the highest level he'll get.

Even if it's only till January, get him in.

7 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

As this has become a thread about lots of other strikers beyond Austin, I'll throw Slimani into the equation.

It's gone midnight meaning the Portuguese window has just shut, and it seems he's not returned to Sporting (unless it's yet to be announced, but that seems unlikely).

Derby tried to sign him in 2014.

Cocu did sign him for Fenerbahce.

He's not in the Leicester 25.

He's local to us.

He can't go to any other Prem team or overseas team, so if he wants games the Championship is the highest level he'll get.

Even if it's only till January, get him in.

Already suggested on the 2020 Transfer Suggestion Thread.

9 hours ago, Wignall12 said:

Well I never. I knew we were in for Austin, Durson and a couple of others. But why didn't I hear about player H or Player X from club Z?

You lot don't half keep your info tight to your chests.

I think the players we are after are no better than what we currently have.

As a Striker we have Waghorn yes he misses easy chances sometimes but he works his socks off.I believe he could play that role I want to see him bully defenders more but I think with the service coming from the wings he will get goals.

Once Duncan is fit I like the look of him and Marriott as back up remember the days when we had Mac as manager and we were losing and he went 4-2 -4 bring it on.

Imagine 

Jozwiak Waghorn Duncan Ibe

Happy Days??

Archived