Serdar Dursun

DcFc Dyycheee

His present weekly wage of £4,600 is not going to be difficult to improve on and the transfer fee should be within our budget. You have to trust our scouts and management on this that he fits the M.O. we desperately need. You'd guess we are still looking at two or three loans that will be available in a week's time on top of this when transfer deadline day arrives and PL teams sort out their squads – and one of those may also be a striker alternative, a less proven younger player gamble, although Duncan is possibly is that player now.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, AndyinLiverpool said:

We’re you the kind of kid who threw a wobbler when the present he got at Christmas wasn’t exactly what he wanted?

I don’t give it enough thought to suggest who I’d want.

don’t know this bloke but that’s not enough for me to get mardy about him    .

We’re you the kind of kid who got grammar books for Christmas? ?

I wouldn’t say me calling the link “uninspiring” is mardy, it’s just not the route I’d go down. 

To be fair, we've not had a shortage of balls into the box / across the 6 yard box. We've had a shortage of players in a position to meet them.

So we don't need a worldbeater, we just need someone who'll get himself in those positions. Goals will come from that. If he can also hold the ball up and create more opportunities for those crosses to come in, all the better.

5 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

we didnt offer him the contract he deserves and he's gone and held the ball up and brought others into play in a Bristol shirt

''Nice Bristol's'' was often heard in the changing room when Martin was here.

46 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

From a distance, a considerable distance, he looks like Ibrahimovic - tick

Don’t think we ever signed anyone with a bit of Turkish ancestry, which is a bit random - tick

German bloodline too, so can play emergency centre back and will be good at penalties - tick

Dur dur dur Durhhh Ser Dar Dur Sun.

But it’s fair to say we had Bamford here and he was a bit of an Ankara.

55 minutes ago, Coconut said:

First few videos on YouTube were just goals, which weren't particularly impressive, but this one has some hold up play & passes / flicks so looks a bit more promising...

However a lot of it is from deep, with runners, not much on the edge of the box with a few defenders around him so it's hard to know how strong or clever he really is.

With the obvious caveat that this is a highlight reel and you could make anyone look like a world beater if you only took their best moments, this video did definitely grab my attention. 

Coconut’s right that a lot is deep, but this isn’t just a video of someone scoring tap-ins, it contains him doing a lot of different things:

- linking up with wide players

- tracking back to win the ball and start an attack

- cute flicks round the corner under pressure

- aerial presence

- ability to hold the ball up and wait for support 

Now, all this video shows us is that he can do all of these things or at least that he has done them once. The challenge for the recruitment team is to ascertain whether he does them enough to be a good fit for us. As has been mentioned elsewhere, the other signings so far this window give me confidence that if they think he’s the guy, I’ll back them. 

49 minutes ago, BobdeBilder said:

Derby fans want a 6'3" 23 year old England international striker, with ten years premier league experience, scores thirty goals a season has a transfer fee of £100,000 and will play for £500 pounds per week. And they would still moan about him. Although it is not just Rams fans that are miserable moaning,glass half empty buggers, Derby people are all like that.

Think you might have a point there. I asked my missus if she would moan a bit more in bed. Now all she does is rattles on about the bills and how I haven’t fixed the cupboard door yet.

Archived