Serdar Dursun

DcFc Dyycheee

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Didn't watch all of it, but enough to see we could save our money and put Cybulski in. He doesn't look much above League 1 standard. 29 in October, so not much value to be made.

Think we watched a different video ? , granted you have a point on his age , but he only has 1 year left on his current contract and its from a 2nd division german side , i imagine the fee wont be too much.

Just now, SFox1993 said:

Think we watched a different video ? , granted you have a point on his age , but he only has 1 year left on his current contract and its from a 2nd division german side , i imagine the fee wont be too much.

Well if he's cheap as chips, say Holmes type of cost then yeah. But I think he looks like the Turkish striking equivalent of Camara. How does the song go? ?

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Well if he's cheap as chips, say Holmes type of cost then yeah. But I think he looks like the Turkish striking equivalent of Camara. How does the song go? ?

Plucking a fee out of absolutely nothing but id imagine it would be between 300k - £1 million tops

I guess thats your opinion fella ? 

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Didn't watch all of it, but enough to see we could save our money and put Cybulski in. He doesn't look much above League 1 standard. 29 in October, so not much value to be made.

2. Bundesliga is probably the 2nd best if not best quality 2nd division in the world along with the Championship. He got 16 goals and 6 assists last season, puts himself about and wins a lot of aerial duels. He has 1 year left on his contract as well. Lets be honest, we're a Championship team, what sort of players should we be looking at signing? It's unrealistic hoping for top quality, amazing players that play in top divisions. This is a sensible signing, I hope the link is legit.

17 minutes ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

I'd be interested to know what people think would be inspiring. That's not a dig...I am just keen to understand expectations across the forum.

On the one hand we have people excited about the prospect of Charlie Austin.

Some think Keinan Davis is a good idea...I'd like him but only on a loan to perm agreement. 

Then there's a section of the support that likes any foreign sounding name.

I would like to se a thought out recruitment policy that identifies what we need and then goes and finds that player based on watching them stats and proper scouting. Not somebody who blazes a trail for 6 months a la Nick Blackman or was good 4 years ago...a la Nugent.

For me this guy could fit the bill. Time will tell. We may not even be interested. Turkish press have been right once so far. 

Tall, strong, skillfully, can finish, mobile with  foreign name and a dreadful haircut. Ticks every box for me. ?

Personally, I don’t like signing players on the back of one good season. This seems to fit that description.

Moreover, a lot of Championship sides have signed strikers with excellent goalscoring records from the Bundesliga 2., but they rarely work out.

(Off the top of my head, Rowen Hennings at Burnley, who scores once, and Sebastian Polter at QPR). 

The fee being fairly low is a positive, but I don’t really want us going down this route... 

20 minutes ago, Bubbles said:

I hope you're joking.

19 goals and 6 assists in 36 appearances in all comps (16g 6a in the league in 34 apps) is a brilliant record. he's exactly what we need, a big striker to hold the ball up. Will be cheap (1-2m) & is quite a strong bloke.

He would be fantastic for this team. 

No I’m not joking... I know it’s a Monday, but it would have been a pretty terrible joke.

5 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Personally, I don’t like signing players on the back of one good season. This seems to fit that description.

Moreover, a lot of Championship sides have signed strikers with excellent goalscoring records from the Bundesliga 2., but they rarely work out.

(Off the top of my head, Rowen Hennings at Burnley, who scores once, and Sebastian Polter at QPR). 

The fee being fairly low is a positive, but I don’t really want us going down this route... 

2 season wonders or more are out of our price range.

Derby fans want a 6'3" 23 year old England international striker, with ten years premier league experience, scores thirty goals a season has a transfer fee of £100,000 and will play for £500 pounds per week. And they would still moan about him. Although it is not just Rams fans that are miserable moaning,glass half empty buggers, Derby people are all like that.

I'm not too worried about the level he's playing at. It's probably not that far removed from the level of defending in the Championship, if at all - also I'd imagine in the same ballpark as Lech Poznan's - and Jozwiak looks the business.

Also, the level someone plays at doesn't always speak to at which levels they can perform. Gotta give them the chance to find out. I've refused to write anyone off based on the level they play at ever since finding out Vardy went from Fleetwood to Leicester at the age of 24. ? 

Edited by SaintRam

50 minutes ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

"England Championship team took Serdar Dursun on their agenda for the transfer of Derby County striker. An official offer was made for the striker who played Darmstadt in the German Bundesliga 2 and had a one-year contract."

Ohhhhh....Welcome to Derby, he's our Soudani.

Had a quick look what happened to him - Olympiacos surprisingly. Another 2.5 million  write off and we're FFP circumnavigators so I here.