Rooney Out

Posh Ram

2 hours ago, IslandExile said:

Harry Wilson....oh wait.

Waghorn.....sometimes....when fit.

Ok. I will give you that. But the counter argument is that if we had a mobile centre forward, we may have been 3-0 up by then.

All conjecture....

But Chris Martin wasn’t mobile..... and some would suggest he’s the saviour and we miss him?! ??‍♂️

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Dava75 said:

But Chris Martin wasn’t mobile..... and some would suggest he’s the saviour and we miss him?! ??‍♂️

Sorry I just combined pointless and the worlds longest long running saga to take this to its 11th page. ?

23 minutes ago, Dava75 said:

Sorry I just combined pointless and the worlds longest long running saga to take this to its 11th page. ?

Well as you say blah blah blah blah

Seems as I said Rooney is the new immobile forward who needs players to run past him, etc etc. Oh what, he scored, yeah fluky or what!

24 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

It's good, but it's not quite a @Brummie Steve rhyming couplet.

Couplet?

It's longer than Homer's Odyssey!

Rooney - a better than average addition to Derby County.

And so he should be, when paid his bounty.

A player who defines this age,

At least a bookie pays his wage.

He needs this time, to gain fitness starting,

But for all he is, he's no Chris Martin.

• 5 weeks later...
On 08/10/2020 at 21:48, Rampage said:

Not paid for by us by and large. Great arrangement

Does that arrangement state that he has to play every match?

It must the case as I can see no other reason why such input performances are rewarded with a shirt.

When he was in isolation our performances were satisfactory and beginning to show promise, although admittedly we couldn't get over the winning line, but we weren't losing.

Bottom line, when he is in the side we are playing with 10 men.

Another note, and I don't like to spread rumour, or ever have on here before, but in this case, I have it on good authority that he is not popular in the dressing room.

1 hour ago, Pearson. said:

Another note, and I don't like to spread rumour, or ever have on here before, but in this case, I have it on good authority that he is not popular in the dressing room.

Interesting.

I have speculated in the past that his presence is undermining Cocu. Not just his poor performances on the pitch or the rumour articles in the media about him taking over.... But also the influence he may be exerting over the members of the team, tactics, training etc.

If that is the case, then Cocu has even been more hard done to than the joiners incident and the other debacles.

1 hour ago, Pearson. said:

Has he been telling them how crap they are? No wonder the mardy fookers don't want to play with him! ?

2 hours ago, Pearson. said:

Amateur psychologist here, if one was to look at his interactions pre and especially post-match with the other players it’d be hard to argue with this. 

2 minutes ago, europia said:

Bound to be wide ranging opinions. The way things stand regarding Rooney, as with Philip Cocu, it's just not working out.  

Apart from when he first came in, it seems he's not really doing the business on the pitch.

I've never been his biggest fan, but he has been a genuinly world class player at his peak. He's not doing it now. How much is just he's too old, how much is attitude and how much is the team not making the best use of him I do not know, but I don't think he's making our team better and I don't think he has for quite some time.

Archived