Rooney Out

Posh Ram

On 08/11/2020 at 15:55, GboroRam said:

I think the money he's on, the unique contract where he's paid by a third party, plus the fame inviting the Wayne Rooney carnival along - that's why he's getting singled out. His experience is his strength, but it's not seemingly benefitting us at all at the minute. His age is his weakness, and that's there for all to see every game.

Agreed, however, he should be singled out moreover as he is the club captain.

For me, he hasn't been a leader. For all the wealth and experience he possesses, he should retain the ability to lead by example and galvanise the team when the going gets tough. Everytime we concede, the body language of players is one of 'we're done for'.

I think most on the forum have some experience of playing the game and if asked ''who was the best captain you played for ?'', the qualities of your candidate will almost exclusively include, motivator, good communicator, loud, fear and fighting spirit.

I can't see any of those qualities in our captain 

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 08/11/2020 at 18:03, hintonsboots said:

Would prefer to see Wayne on the touch line in a trench coat, shouting instructions and tapping his watch at the ref. Mac alongside him. Let’s play high tempo attacking football and score more goals than the opposition ️. Both were involved in probably the best attacking side in the country under Fergie. Let’s go for it, this group of players is far better than the dross being served up at the moment.

Don’t think, in fact I am pretty sure, Mac had left Utd many years before Rooney made his debut.  I have a horrible feeling that Rooney will get to manage us this season. I hope I am wrong.

4 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Don’t think, in fact I am pretty sure, Mac had left Utd many years before Rooney made his debut.  I have a horrible feeling that Rooney will get to manage us this season. I hope I am wrong.

Pretty sure he was managing Middlesbrough when Rooney went to utd. Schtevie would've known him in his England days though. 

Let’s give Wayne Rooney a good kicking shall we lol ....he’s got better vision and passing than most in the championship but is 35 and we are playing much more often than when he first joined us ...his time needs to be managed better ...his desire to play at 35 is as high as it was when he was 16/17 and think he still has class ...but for me I still like watching his passing and vision and he still carries a threat ... the run past the defender in the first half which the keeper saved well was great to see but think he looks better deeper where he played last season 

I think it’s a bit unfair to be singling him out when not many others have exactly played out of there skin 

On 08/11/2020 at 18:14, Rab a dab doo said:

Especially has he seems to see his longer term future as a coach/manager. 

yeah   we suffered a year of tugboat Savage as he focused on his career as a media personality.  The people who influence Rooney are pushing him into management so his focus is not on his game. He's very different from Lampard so MM was smart to signal he won't manage us. Hope the Sheikh is not bewitched by Rooney's celebrity ...!

Don't want to moralise but the saddest thing is that MM - to snag WR and stem the cash burn - has us in thrall to a sports betting company.  Does not make me so proud to be a fan just now   

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

If he suddenly looks top class again against Bristol, we might wonder if his heart was not “in it” with respect to the Cocu regime.

Did he lose faith in it toward end of last season (when playoffs were no longer achievable)? 

Hopefully a reinvigorated/enthused Rooney will help us climb up the league (like in January).

I still believe it's the way he was told to play tbh, not his attitude and effort. I'm sure now we will see the real Rooney now he and Liam are looking at playing fast attacking football.

Archived