Rooney Out

Posh Ram

1 minute ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Cocu's reputation & past success does not make him immune from criticism. I in fact posted just after Blackburn holding him accountable for the poor team dynamic & demanded an improvement. Same principle applies to my observations of Rooney from yesterday.

The reason Cocu's past career was mentioned was a) to highlight he had previous managerial success to draw upon, b) to rebutt the suggestion he wasnt a big enough name to rely on reputation alone & c) in response to some disrespectful name calling/suggestion he was clueless. Rooney's past playing record isnt necessarily relevant as clearly he's on a downward trajectory & likely in his last season as a player.

Would be great to have a period of calm on the forum so hope the above doesnt come across as antagonistic. Just wanted to clarify?

Wasn't meant as antagonist and not directed at anyone in particular. Just my own observations from posting heavily in the Cocu Out thread and then reviewing the Rooney Out thread.  

I agree with the majority of comments about Rooney by the way I just didn't see the same number of comments defending him or referring to respecting his previous achievements as I did on the Cocu Out thread. 

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd like to throw my hat into the ring on this debate. Yes his level of performance hasn't been at his initial level but he's getting unfair criticism in my eyes. No player whoever they are smashes every game. Not sure if anybody else has picked up on this point yet but look at his first chance yesterday. The one where Duane Holmes pings a great cross field pass right onto his left foot. Ok his execution is lacking, albeit a difficult skill to pull off, but watch  it again and see how much ground he makes up to get himself into that position. He starts the move deep in our own half. That is not the actions of a man going through the motions. Give the man a break. We're blessed to have him despite him not not being a prime Wayne Rooney. 

20 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Not sure if anybody else has picked up on this point yet but look at his first chance yesterday.

Me. Me. sir! I saw it! ? He got into a few good positions and air-shotted a couple of difficult chances. Don't recall too many 6-yd set ups for him?

7 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Compare and contrast this thread and the one on Cocu Out.

Latter thread numerous comments about a total lack of respect about Cocu's achievements as an international footballer, playing for Barcelona, winning 3 Dutch titles as a manager and all of this should be taking into account before anyone has the temerity to be able to criticise his current performance as a manager here regardless of his past glories 

Rooney thread, no comments about a lack of respect taking into consideration he is the record goalscorer for the England international team, number of trophies won for Man Utd but posters quite happy to post frank critical comments about his recent performances regardless of his past glories.

For the avoidance of doubt I'm not alluding to name calling in the comments above neither am I stating neither parties performances should be exempt for commentary. When people use the word respect then it should be applied evenly to all parties not seemingly in isolation for one person but not applied evenly to all.

Its not always what is said it often can be the way its said. 

On 27/09/2020 at 08:20, RoyMac5 said:

Plus I think it's obvious he perhaps doesn't rate Cocu as a manager

For anyone  saying that I pick on forum members because I don't agree on there opinion , here above is the very reason i get pissed off ....I am open to debate and serious conversation and have no problem with others opinions, criticisms of tactics, team selection etc etc .... but I mean FFS

its obvious that Rooney doesn't rate Cocu as manager.....This is utter bile, not an opinion just a statement based on what? The fact Rooneys had a few bad games ?? Didnt look fit or interested ? and Roy turns it into Rooney doesn't rate our manager and its so obvious!!! to justify and feed  his pure dislike of Cocu......its quite vile, its not an opinion at all.....

very sad!!!!

7 hours ago, S8TY said:

For anyone  saying that I pick on forum members because I don't agree on there opinion , here above is the very reason i get pissed off ....I am open to debate and serious conversation and have no problem with others opinions, criticisms of tactics, team selection etc etc .... but I mean FFS

its obvious that Rooney doesn't rate Cocu as manager.....This is utter bile, not an opinion just a statement based on what? The fact Rooneys had a few bad games ?? Didnt look fit or interested ? and Roy turns it into Rooney doesn't rate our manager and its so obvious!!! to justify and feed  his pure dislike of Cocu......its quite vile, its not an opinion at all.....

very sad!!!!

Oh sod off.

WHO appointed you arbiter of anything. It was a sarcastic reply to a poster who said 'they'd seen Rooney's contract'.

Try reading things in context.

On 27/09/2020 at 08:20, RoyMac5 said:

You've seen his contract? Wow!

When Rooney came in last season it was acknowledged that he needed to play games to get match fit. That is where we are with him now. Plus I think it's obvious he perhaps doesn't rate Cocu as a manager - afterall he's played for some decent ones!

You can toddle off as well you @Coconut

1 hour ago, IslandExile said:

That would set a dangerous precedent ?

Maybe it needs a mod to moderate and decide between harmless exchanges of views and personal criticism bordering on the offensive!

Also, would some of the posters on here say what they were happy to write to the other person's face?

Or to Messrs Cocu, Rooney etc in person?

42 minutes ago, Brummie Steve said:

Maybe it needs a mod to moderate and decide between harmless exchanges of views and personal criticism bordering on the offensive!

Also, would some of the posters on here say what they were happy to write to the other person's face?

Or to Messrs Cocu, Rooney etc in person?

73EC945E-AC44-4AE4-B991-CA8F08E05D4E.gif

1 hour ago, Van Rammeister said:

73EC945E-AC44-4AE4-B991-CA8F08E05D4E.gif

Close this thread. Counterproductive.

Rooney when fit with fast attackers will show that he is the best player that we have. Cannot be overestimated, telling your grandkids that you were in the same team as Wayne Rooney.

57 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Close this thread. Counterproductive.

Rooney when fit with fast attackers will show that he is the best player that we have. Cannot be overestimated, telling your grandkids that you were in the same team as Wayne Rooney.

And the question is: Had Rooney not been on the pitch on Saturday, would we have won? Of course we’ll never know, but we aren’t blessed with too many players who can do what he did with that free kick.

18 minutes ago, Van Rammeister said:

And the question is: Had Rooney not been on the pitch on Saturday, would we have won? Of course we’ll never know, but we aren’t blessed with too many players who can do what he did with that free kick.

Harry Wilson....oh wait.

Waghorn.....sometimes....when fit.

Ok. I will give you that. But the counter argument is that if we had a mobile centre forward, we may have been 3-0 up by then.

All conjecture....

5 hours ago, Brummie Steve said:

Any chance we can block this totally pointless topic?

Please!

It had been more than 72 hrs since the last post on here before the above one.

The thread was dying a natural death, and you've given it the kiss of life.

This thread is dying? let it go!

It mattered not one jot you know

Wayne Rooney has a job to do,

He'll do it well, he'll see it through.

He is a massive inspiration,

To that RamPaging generation,

Like Sibley, Whitaker and Knight

They'll learn so much from him...all right?

Archived