Rooney Out

Posh Ram

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can sum it up in a short sentence . 

Cocu is a passionless librarian who over thinks everything .

Football is a simple game , honesty its not that hard , get a sprinking of players with a bit of quality something Derby County should be able to do easily . Employ a manager with a bit of drive and character and shows it on his sleeve , this rubs off on the players you know it really does . 

As someone said in a brillaint post earlier in the week look up the Authur Cox blue print for success , still will work today . 

A big un and a little un upfront 

wingers with chalk on their boots 

midfield bruisers who can pass a ball a bit 

meat and potato centre halves 

fullbacks who can cross abit .

ITS AS SIMPLE AS THAT .

Employ an over thinker and a quiet timid one at that , thats the team you will end up with .

Get in EDDIE HOWE and fast ( sorry Mr Ibe ) but thats who we need .

Plz dont employ Rooney as manager .Do we really think someone who got so easily duped by ronaldo in that winking incident will have the nous to put a team together . We seem to be going for perceived glitz and glamour instead of common sense if we go down the rooney route .

Rooney looks like a pub player. Desire gone to.

Can't be easy for Cocu knowing he has to play his captain who clearly has little desire to be here.

Guesswork here,but you have to imagine that contractually Rooney has to play every game when he's available.Alot made of him being injured for the Barrow game when the world and his wife knew he was doing Socceraid.

Another PR stunt of Melvyn's that's come back to bite us on the backside 

Rooney just doesn't want it. He's given up in my opinion. He's a winner and isn't used to loosing. I would certainly drop him based upon his last 5-6 games going into the tail end of last season. I would look to sell him to anyone who will give anything for him in January. Just because his name is Rooney doesn't mean he should start every game. In short he's been an utter Bamford of late for me.

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

You've seen his contract? Wow!

When Rooney came in last season it was acknowledged that he needed to play games to get match fit. That is where we are with him now. Plus I think it's obvious he perhaps doesn't rate Cocu as a manager - afterall he's played for some decent ones!

As soon as he was unavailable due to having to manage “ chunks” at the Socceraid  game rather than “captain” his team in an important cup game I am afraid he burnt his bridges. Absolutely nonsense 

34 minutes ago, minesahartington said:

As soon as he was unavailable due to having to manage “ chunks” at the Socceraid  game rather than “captain” his team in an important cup game I am afraid he burnt his bridges. Absolutely nonsense 

He was injured.

1 minute ago, minesahartington said:

For me he delivers exactly the same message after every defeat but it’s clear to me his message is not getting through or being followed. Or perhaps it is which is even scarier..

Ah, right. Yes the players (even Rooney) have to believe the message. FFS apparently even POTS Clarke needed re-indoctrinating!

1 hour ago, NottsRammy said:

As someone said in a brillaint post earlier in the week look up the Authur Cox blue print for success , still will work today . 

A big un and a little un upfront 

wingers with chalk on their boots 

midfield bruisers who can pass a ball a bit 

meat and potato centre halves 

fullbacks who can cross abit .

ITS AS SIMPLE AS THAT .

The entire football universe of 2020 disagrees with you

1 hour ago, minesahartington said:

Wasn't he at the barrow game watching us & injured 

Although we don't have a prayer of finding out,it would be nice to know what the exact tie up with 32 red is.As part of paying his wages is there something in the contract that says unless injured he has to play a certain percentage of each match?.I do think that since he returned from lockdown his fitness ,concentration and effort has been poor.I just wonder if he sees Cocu getting sacked as a real opportunity for him to get in to management-maybe i'm just cynical.At present for me he should not be in the starting line up .

Archived