Season Ticket Refunds

JG400

43 minutes ago, ilkleyram said:

I’m not sure that we can necessarily expect next year’s ST at no extra cost. It will depend upon the prices of next year’s STs which may be raised given the financial circumstances or reduced if we’re in a lower division - the matches missed in 20/21 create pro-rated credits to be redeemed against the cost of the new ST. That doesn’t mean that the ST price will be the same.

Good point.

I sympathise with the clubs situation and wouldn’t object to a certain increase given it’s effectively cost me nothing this year and I’ve saved a fair bit on petrol and parking. 

Tough decision for the club. They obviously need to recover some of the financial position but, despite what some may think, I believe they do care about the fans and will not want to alienate us if they can help it.

9 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Good point.

I sympathise with the clubs situation and wouldn’t object to a certain increase given it’s effectively cost me nothing this year and I’ve saved a fair bit on petrol and parking. 

Tough decision for the club. They obviously need to recover some of the financial position but, despite what some may think, I believe they do care about the fans and will not want to alienate us if they can help it.

The whole of football has turned me off an awful lot since the onset of covid - no fans ( no atmosphere) no tackling allowed anymore, VAR destroying again the atmosphere of football and of course the cheating - I hate the cheating, oh he’s  been clever there oh there was a bit of contract let’s see them in the supermarket when granny goes for an orange, they will be falling all over the place.

football needs to be back to £10 a game to watch at the ground because a lot of people are not going to attend outside of the premiership and we will be lucky to get gates of 18,000 - 20,000 attending no matter what league we will be in next season 

1 hour ago, ilkleyram said:

I’m not sure that we can necessarily expect next year’s ST at no extra cost. It will depend upon the prices of next year’s STs which may be raised given the financial circumstances or reduced if we’re in a lower division - the matches missed in 20/21 create pro-rated credits to be redeemed against the cost of the new ST. That doesn’t mean that the ST price will be the same.

Thanks for that.

Next season my lad will class as a full adult, rather than the young adult with the appropriate discount. 

Looks like I'll be tapping into the bank account then!

1 hour ago, ThePrisoner said:

Got my cheque last week. Opted for the 10% off 20/21 with Rams TV. I'd already renewed before Covid so was pleasantly surprised the cheque still arrived.

That’s WHY you got a refund isn’t it? Those of us that renewed after Covid got 10% knocked off the price instead.

5 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

That’s WHY you got a refund isn’t it? Those of us that renewed after Covid got 10% knocked off the price instead.

Well it never explicitly said a refund. It said a 10% discount, the original post didn't mention a refund if you'd already purchased but it's good they actually did instead of factoring it into the credit rollover for next seasons tickets. It only said refund on the 19/20 season tickets as below.

image.thumb.png.67b7f66b35c8b6c63a118f0460771994.png

2 hours ago, ilkleyram said:

Agreed.

Even with a price freeze, I presume we'd still have a balance to pay (to renew for next season), as our credits will only amount to 90% of the true/full ticket price.  (23 x 23rd's of "What we paid").

On 13/05/2021 at 10:55, Sweetness34 said:

Sorry to bring this up, but I've never received my 10% from 2019/20 or 2020/21. 

Do I keep being patient or do I need to contact the club? 

I emailed the club yesterday and received the following:

image.thumb.png.c035c654264b54bb7aa3a4826ab501bc.png

Definitely worth getting in touch.

Edited by DarkFruitsRam7

54 minutes ago, angieram said:

They should have been paid if you filled in the form. So follow the instructions above.

Thank you, I’ll have a look at that. Or maybe my season ticket will automatically carry over to next season. 

I paid for my 20/21 season tickets in the February. It was my understanding that this is just going to roll forward to next season. I have now had my refund for the 10% of the 19/20 season so presumably I am just waiting to see what happens next.

The club have had a clear and excellent communication policy of late, regarding all matters, so I don’t envisage any difficulties with this approach. 

I’ve chased Derby for our part refund from the 19/20 season.They have said we didn’t select refund option.We selected discount on 20/21 season but obviously no fans were allowed.Paid full price prior to the discounts being applied for the 20/21 season tickets.I now feel proper cheated here as we have decided not to renew this coming season.Do others realise this is Derby’s position or I’m I misreading this?

way it looks to me now if you decide not to renew you lose your part refund owed from 19/20 season

20 minutes ago, dcfc4ever said:

I’ve chased Derby for our part refund from the 19/20 season.They have said we didn’t select refund option.We selected discount on 20/21 season but obviously no fans were allowed.Paid full price prior to the discounts being applied for the 20/21 season tickets.I now feel proper cheated here as we have decided not to renew this coming season.Do others realise this is Derby’s position or I’m I misreading this?

way it looks to me now if you decide not to renew you lose your part refund owed from 19/20 season

1032994265_Screenshot2021-05-17at20_27_38.thumb.png.3af0f824810b6fdb1bf37de93e7865e8.png

These were the options for 19/20 season ticket holder. Your 20/21 ticket rolls over as 23 pro-rata match credits for 21/22 so you might want to get a refund if you don't want the season ticket from August.

22 minutes ago, dcfc4ever said:

From your explaination it sounds like you opted for a discount on the 20/21 season rather than a refund of the 19/20 season. If you did pay full price for 20/21 before your discount was applied you should get this back if you havent already. I opted for 10% discount off the 20/21 ticket and renewed before the discount was applied and got that refund back last month. If you havent had that back yet you need to speak to the club about that.

I believe the club did say at time of renewal for 20/21 that a credit for each game unattended would be applied to this coming 21/22 season. Not entirely sure where you now stand if you no longer want to renew, I would imagine that will be part of the season ticket details for next season which havent been announced yet. I would hope the club will have an option for a refund for anyone who renewed for 20/21 but doesnt want to carry it over for 21/22

6 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

1032994265_Screenshot2021-05-17at20_27_38.thumb.png.3af0f824810b6fdb1bf37de93e7865e8.png

These were the options for 19/20 season ticket holder. Your 20/21 ticket rolls over as 23 pro-rata match credits for 21/22 so you might want to get a refund if you don't want the season ticket from August.

I assume option 3 was 10% discount, and free RamsTV?

59 minutes ago, dcfc4ever said:

That’s the way I read it at the time. I’m not sure they ever said that if you didn’t want to renew for 2021/22 you’d get a refund but, I guess you can ask.

36 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

From your explaination it sounds like you opted for a discount on the 20/21 season rather than a refund of the 19/20 season. If you did pay full price for 20/21 before your discount was applied you should get this back if you havent already. I opted for 10% discount off the 20/21 ticket and renewed before the discount was applied and got that refund back last month. If you havent had that back yet you need to speak to the club about that.

I believe the club did say at time of renewal for 20/21 that a credit for each game unattended would be applied to this coming 21/22 season. Not entirely sure where you now stand if you no longer want to renew, I would imagine that will be part of the season ticket details for next season which havent been announced yet. I would hope the club will have an option for a refund for anyone who renewed for 20/21 but doesnt want to carry it over for 21/22

It would be good if they did but I don’t think we could be too critical if they didn’t. The club is in a seriously difficult financial position and they never said, or suggested, that if you chose the option 3 a refund would be available. You could argue that, when we renewed none of us knew we wouldn’t be able to attend games this season but the carry over to 21/22 was specifically designed for that eventuality. Perhaps harsh and unpopular, and easy for me to say as I’ll renew anyway but, I don’t think such a decision would be wholly unreasonable.