Season Ticket Refunds

JG400

41 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

I do wonder if the timing of these refunds have anything to do with either the takeover or the annual financial results? In terms of football I dont know when the financial year runs between but if its the end of March then maybe they have waited for a new financial year to split the refunds over

The refunds would have to be included as a cost as and when they were due, not when they were paid, so it won't be for the financial results. Takeover possibly.

Has anyone had a refund for the 20/21 season without asking for one?

I’m hoping that mine will carry over and used for next season, but then again ticket prices will be a lot less if we’re in League One so I may get a portion back. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I'm in the same boat.

No worries. As long as I haven't been forgotten ?

I was all for patience when all this started but over a year is pushing it! I don't even remember what I'm owed, what's happening with next season, and a quick search of my email tells me the last email the club sent me (that wasn't trying to flog me more stuff!) was September.

I guess it's the same for all/most/some of us.

15 minutes ago, Sweetness34 said:

Sorry to bring this up, but I've never received my 10% from 2019/20 or 2020/21. 

Do I keep being patient or do I need to contact the club? 

Probably best to stay patient.

I hate to think what the reaction will be if you rang to complain, given the week they're having!  Give it a week, mate... if not two!  

5 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Probably best to stay patient.

I hate to think what the reaction will be if you rang to complain, given the week they're having!  Give it a week, mate... if not two!  

I've given them about 60 so far ?

but knowing it's not just me, I will just wait it out.

1 minute ago, Sweetness34 said:

I agree with @Mucker1884. Whilst frustrating and unacceptable, Given what’s gone on this week, I’d give them a few more days.

Out of interest, which option did you select?

I chose option 3 which included a 10% discount on 20/21, which I received, but next season should be already paid for as the games we have not been able to attend will be discounted from 21/22. So, I’m not expecting any refunds.

11 minutes ago, Sweetness34 said:

In truth, I posted in jest, as in "They're having a bad enough week as it is".  (I know... lack of refunds are no laughing matter!)

Of course, if you or anyone else feels the need to chase up their refunds, then that's not for me to comment on.

Easy for me to say, as I'm in the same boat as @Tamworthram above.  Option 3... 20/21 discount already applied.  20/21 Free access to Rams TV now fully satisfied (using that word very loosely!  Ha, Ha!).  Credit for the 21/22 season ticket expected to be credited in due course (23 x 23rds of the sum paid).  No refunds outstanding.

Best of luck... to you, and everyone else in a similar situation.

7 minutes ago, Sweetness34 said:

I'm pretty sure it was 10% on both mate - whichever one gave us access to RamsTV.

If you chose option 3 you will have renewed for 20/21 but received a 10% discount plus access to Rams TV.

for every game you have not been able to attend in 20/21 (ie all of them) you’ll get a discount off 21/22 of 1/23rd.

Therefore, with option 3, you’re not due and refunds but you will get next years season ticket at no extra cost.

3 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

In truth, I posted in jest, as in "They're having a bad enough week as it is".  (I know... lack of refunds are no laughing matter!)

Of course, if you or anyone else feels the need to chase up their refunds, then that's not for me to comment on.

Easy for me to say, as I'm in the same boat as @Tamworthram above.  Option 3... 20/21 discount already applied.  20/21 Free access to Rams TV now fully satisfied (using that word very loosely!  Ha, Ha!).  Credit for the 21/22 season ticket expected to be credited in due course (23 x 23rds of the sum paid).  No refunds outstanding.

Best of luck... to you, and everyone else in a similar situation.

Yeah, mine was option 3 too, but I'd already bought it before the discount.... I thought the covid thing was all being blown out of proportion and would be a distant memory by August... what an Idiot ?

I'm not desperate for any refund (thankfully), just curious.

1 minute ago, Sweetness34 said:

Yeah, mine was option 3 too, but I'd already bought it before the discount.... I thought the covid thing was all being blown out of proportion and would be a distant memory by August... what an Idiot ?

Ah!  Got yer!  So you (and presumably others?) are still due a refund for that 10% discount, whereas my discount was applied at time of purchase, as I renewed later in the summer.

Makes sense. ?

3 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Can I get season 20/21 ticket money back ? I might be wanting to only visit when I can be bothered rather than through blind loyalty 

Imagine you were asking that question of Ryanair..................... well its the same answer!

47 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Can I get season 20/21 ticket money back ? I might be wanting to only visit when I can be bothered rather than through blind loyalty 

Looks like a No, to me?  I think you have to take the credit value against future purchase(s)...

This from September 2020, relating to 20/21 Season Tickets:

Q. Can I cancel my season ticket and get a refund?

Yes, but your cancellation request must be received by midnight on Saturday 3rd October 2020...the same deadline for 2020/21 Season Ticket Purchases and Renewals.

Q. If I retain my season ticket, will I get a refund for matches I cannot attend because of a reduced stadium capacity or they are played behind-closed-doors?

For each home league match you are prevented from attending directly because of a reduced stadium capacity or it is played behind-closed-doors you will receive a pro-rated credit equivalent to 1/23 of your season ticket purchase price which can be redeemed against the price of a 2021/22 Season Ticket or Home League Match Ticket(s), and you’ll also receive Free RamsTV streaming of each home league match and up to seven to be determined midweek away league matches.

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2020/09/Derby-county-answers-supporters-faqs-relating-to-the-202021-season

3 hours ago, Sweetness34 said:

This is the situation I was in but got my refund last month and an email to say to contact by the end of April if I hadnt. Cant see why you wouldnt have got the refund at the same time as I know others did.

Might be worth emailing the club

3 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

If you chose option 3 you will have renewed for 20/21 but received a 10% discount plus access to Rams TV.

for every game you have not been able to attend in 20/21 (ie all of them) you’ll get a discount off 21/22 of 1/23rd.

Therefore, with option 3, you’re not due and refunds but you will get next years season ticket at no extra cost.

I’m not sure that we can necessarily expect next year’s ST at no extra cost. It will depend upon the prices of next year’s STs which may be raised given the financial circumstances or reduced if we’re in a lower division - the matches missed in 20/21 create pro-rated credits to be redeemed against the cost of the new ST. That doesn’t mean that the ST price will be the same.