Season Ticket Refunds

JG400

25 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

The match was cancelled a couple of days out - They were gonna pay me on the day - When the game was cancelled I said don't worry the club will just refund me, in fact I contacted the club and was told if I posted them back they'd refund after the game - The club then re-contacted me and said it would be part of a big refund and that they would process them all together

9 months later...

Because when you refund anything you refund to the source of the payment

How do they know it was a single payment? Cos their records will say so

If my mates had pre-paid me that was none of the clubs responsibility - What they knew for a fact was that 4 Millwall tickets had been paid for by a single fan ID, on a single credit card, for a single order of tickets

If it was through a single fan id then they wouldn't have sent a refund to your friends. I'm not sure they would have the name of the credit card used. 

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I received 3 different envelopes this morning from DCFC. Each contained the same generic letter that everyone else has received, each contained cheques for differing amounts (Season ticket, premier membership & Millwall away). I also received an email telling me I was about to receive the letters/cheques with a breakdown of the what the different cheques represented. Talk about overkill.

No wonder it's taken 6 months to process ?

I have just got a £10 cheque from my Auntie Jean for Christmas. I have sent it back to her and told the old coffin dodger that settlement is so much simpler nowadays, and could she not use internet banking and send the money straight to my account. I have asked her for £10 more as well to cover my expenses involved with advising her of the matter. Some people.

10 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I have just got a £10 cheque from my Auntie Jean for Christmas. I have sent it back to her and told the old coffin dodger that settlement is so much simpler nowadays, and could she not use internet banking and send the money straight to my account. I have asked her for £10 more as well to cover my expenses involved with advising her of the matter. Some people.

Ahh them were the days ?

22 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Auntie Jean, you tightwad, a crisp twenty is the minimum going rate for chrimbo pressies these days anyway.

Tenner, pffffft

36 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

My Auntie Jean had her Covid Jab on Tuesday, so now she's in the clear, she came around in person.  She gave me my tenner in cash, and still spat on her hanky before wiping my face with it!

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

My Auntie Jean had her Covid Jab on Tuesday, so now she's in the clear, she came around in person.  She gave me my tenner in cash, and still spat on her hanky before wiping my face with it!

My Auntie Jean was a right tight sod, Only ever gave me a threepenny bit, She'd spit in my face and I'd wipe it away with my hanky

2 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

Anyone still waiting?

Looks like last seasons refunds are being done, I was due 10% off my 20/21 renewal but had to renew before the discount auto applied so I should be getting that refunded

Still waiting. No letter, no cheque, no e-Mail...no woman, no cry.

If it doesn’t come soon I am getting the repo men from can’t pay won’t pay to take Jason Knight in lieu. 

2 hours ago, Roboram said:

I received 3 different envelopes this morning from DCFC. Each contained the same generic letter that everyone else has received, each contained cheques for differing amounts (Season ticket, premier membership & Millwall away). I also received an email telling me I was about to receive the letters/cheques with a breakdown of the what the different cheques represented. Talk about overkill.

No wonder it's taken 6 months to process ?

Does Mel have shares in Royal Mail?

What a total waste of revenue.

19 hours ago, RIMBAUD said:

Hilarious. The club has acted shabbily. It’s being run poorly and has been for some time. If you’re happy fine. Many people are not. It’s not looking for excuses. many of us would prefer timely answers and solutions. We hear lots about community from the club but most of the time they act in their own interests and to their own timescales. Comparisons width other industries is disingenuous. Football clubs always do things differently. When it suits them. 

Fair enough and apologies. I thought you were simply referring to sending the refunds by cheque when you described them as treating fans with utter disdain rather than the whole process which hasn’t been great.

On the subject of using cheques, I don’t think it is disingenuous to compare other industries when it comes to payment/refund systems and methods. My point being, like the examples I gave, the vast majority of us pay by card (either online or in store) but when it comes to receiving a refund (I guess usually when the original purchase was made several months ago) it’s not uncommon for the refund to come by cheque.

I’ve just receive a cheque for £27.20 and I have no idea why. It says it’s for my 19/20 ticket refund but I didn’t ask for a refund, I chose the option for x number of match tickets for this season.

Maybe they’ve decided we won’t be able to get to matches this season so they’ve issued refunds instead, but why £27.20? My season ticket was in the second price band - I think it was category A. How does £27.20 cover that? I’m very confused.

38 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

Carpark!

At least thats what mine was and the letter said so.

Bingo!! My letter just said 19/20 ticket refund. Thanks for clearing that up!

I’ve just spent a pleasant 15 minutes swearing at the HSBC app and failing to get it to register a photo of the cheque...

Archived