Derby County v Blackburn Rovers

Mafiabob

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, S8TY said:

MTW need time to adjust the rest have no excuse ..Jozwiak looks bright 

Hahhahahahahahaha nope. Sorry. That excuse for MTW isn't going to wash. He's awful. He can't defend. In no country is that defending acceptable, he's just dog poo. I'm writing him off. We tried something, it didn't work. He's gotta go.

Well here we go 

another pre season friendly out of the way 

Marshall - kept the score down 

bryne - not great defensively 

dutch mike - not impressed at all 

wisdom - why was he playing left sided centre half - it was a fail

Buchanan - poor defensively and should have scored

Rooney - poor

bird - poor

knight - possibly our best today

sibley - nearly scored but not really involved

jakowicz - poor decision making 

Marriott - sorry but a waste of time 

subs Evans - we are not going to improve with him 

Holmes - fairly poor 

Whittaker - looked ten times better than Marriott 

negatives - defenders - midfielders - finishing because we had chances 

positives - I will get that percentage of my season ticket back 

Have to admit this is dreadful. Weak and toothless in the final third, leaking like a colander at the back and not much better in the middle. Relegation form over the end of last season and start of this season. Looking at the fixtures it’s hard to see where we’ll get a point, let alone a win...

yes we have players to return but they’re mainly mids/attackers, the biggest problem is our defence.

2 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

The sort of pathetic comment normally reserved for Twitter.

Grow up.

Based on what Rooney has shown today, I think the guy has every right to tell the fat wazza to duck off, especially if it looks like he does not give a crap on the wages he is on.

37 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Would anyone have mowbray as manager. 

I know I wouldn’t but you have to admire his teams performance today, why can’t we play like that?

I quite like Mowbray. I think he has a good eye for a player.

dolan was a find, Harry chapman and Rothwell have impressed before, Kaminski is a good signing, etc etc.

Really pains me to say this but for the first time today, I lost a bit of confidence in Cocu.

One of my pet hates when listening to people finding excuses for defeat is bemoaning the ‘lack of passion’ but I’m afraid it accurately describes this Derby team. As an absolute basic a team needs to match the work rate of its opponents & defend with real intensity. Its then & only then that the quality you have will shine through.

If you look at Reading, Luton & Blackburn (and Barrow in the Cup), all worked much harder to press us than we did in return & all were absolute relentless in their desire to defend. Never allowing an easy cross, chasing/harassing a man in possession, competing for every second ball and if it meant taking a booking for a tactical foul, so be it. It’s the basics & the debates over style & formation are totally academic until we get this right. I don't know if its fitness, I don't know if its a tactical instruction to drop off but either way, its not acceptable.

No-one should have expected us to start like a train this season – with the amount of injuries & lack of attacking options it was always going to be a tough period. The logical thing therefore was to set up to be very hard to beat – stay compact without the ball, work hard & look to keep the ball for long periods when in possession. Instead, we look likely to be opened up at any opportunity & there for the taking week after week.

This needs to improve. Fast.

5 minutes ago, LE_Ram said:

Have to admit this is dreadful. Weak and toothless in the final third, leaking like a colander at the back and not much better in the middle. Relegation form over the end of last season and start of this season. Looking at the fixtures it’s hard to see where we’ll get a point, let alone a win...

yes we have players to return but they’re mainly mids/attackers, the biggest problem is our defence.

Doesn’t help that the gaffa keeps changing it about at any opportunity 

Archived