Derby County v Blackburn Rovers

Mafiabob

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

I'd be unsupportive of most of the options put forward today, if Cocu were to be fired - but DW I could get behind. 

Agreed, anyone who thinks Hughton or Howe is coming here is on another planet, delusions of grandeur 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, IlsonDerby said:

My issue with those wanting Cocu gone (and I’m not saying he’s above criticism - this shouldn’t be happening over a year into his tenure no matter how turbulent it has been) is that we are starting to build a squad that I like the look of. That isn’t going to financially ruin us. I don’t want a new bloke to come in and bring in 8 new players all aged 29 or older on big money. I want to see our young players develop and improve. I want us to be known for the quality of our academy and under 23s. 

A bit like with Clough Jnr the squad can be magnificent but if the manager hasn't got what it takes then it won't matter...

1 minute ago, IlsonDerby said:

My issue with those wanting Cocu gone (and I’m not saying he’s above criticism - this shouldn’t be happening over a year into his tenure no matter how turbulent it has been) is that we are starting to build a squad that I like the look of. That isn’t going to financially ruin us. I don’t want a new bloke to come in and bring in 8 new players all aged 29 or older on big money. I want to see our young players develop and improve. I want us to be known for the quality of our academy and under 23s. 

The right person wouldn’t need to; he’d just get the best out of the decent players we have, something the current manager is consistently failing to do.

I’m not a Cocu out yet but I do hope there is some acknowledgment that he and his coaching staff need to improve what there doing because there is only so many time’s you can say the players aren’t carrying out his instructions or showing what they do on training. As a manager or coach in any walk of life, if what your saying isn’t sinking in or your team/employees don’t improve you need to look at yourself.

2 minutes ago, Coconut said:

I've enjoyed some of our forward play, probably should have had a penalty and could have scored 2-3 ourselves.

Honestly, if we'd scored first I think we'd have seen a very different game, but as soon as we concede a goal we just crumble completely, and THAT is the biggest worry.

I concur.

Archived