Derby County v Blackburn Rovers

Mafiabob

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, ThePrisoner said:

My blinkers are off. Swapping and changing managers at the first signs of things going wrong is how we ended up in this mess.

Three games in without a full strength squad and new signings still to make an appearance with 43 games to go. 

Yes today was dire but we can’t cry at the first sign of trouble. Get a grip. Stability is needed. 

This is far from the first sign. How does missing some attackers and a midfield mean we concede (and luckily) 4 goals? 

41 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

The lad that told me about bobby Duncan. Also mentioned about Rooney and cocu having a little bit of a problem with eachother. Mainly because Rooney is now treating us as a last pay check and he barely turns up to training and has a poor attitude. He also mentioned that cocu will not be sacked. Too much money for Mel who is looking to sell up asap.Take this all with a pinch of salt but this lad is usually quite reliable. 

So why the f... doesn’t he take Rooney off?

he moves him to cf when we know he can’t run, so Rooney ends up dropping back into midfield and we end up with Sibley at cf. 

jesus wept.

1 minute ago, Jayram said:

Mate I admire your positivity but I really don’t think us scoring the first goal would have made much difference; we are in an absolute mess  on the pitch. 

Agree, although did have a few chances I’m sure it f you went on the Blackburn forum they’d be saying they could have had at least a couple more themselves.

Nothing wrong in looking for positives but the bottom line is we have shipped four at home and lost our first three games of the season on the back of a poor end to the previous season. 

As some other people have said, it's the manner of the defeats that is concerning. 

We look like an under 23 team playing senior teams for the first time. 

We create very little going forward. We get completely bypassed in the midfield. We concede sloppy goals at the back.

They almost look like they all train separately. No cohesion at all.

1 minute ago, ossieram said:

I honestly don't know what to say about that performance apart from thinking that Wayne might want to think about coaching full time now.

He has the stomach for it, he definitely has the stomach for it, it was hanging over the top of his shorts!

1 minute ago, AutoWindscreens said:

Any positives? Buchanan second half; Knight for showing fight (maybe Evans too, seems to have confidence); Whittaker late on.

As for the rest ...

Rooney - get rid, not bothered enough.

MTW - OMG, get rid ... sorry Mike.

Wiz - WTF?

Bird - take your lead from Knight, not stroller Rooney.

MTW need time to adjust the rest have no excuse ..Jozwiak looks bright 

Archived